Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Dec 25, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #121 of 659
 audionewbi, How do you find your MXH-RF550B with VALOQ. Can you describe the sound please?
very wide and flat. I find it boring but many will consider it neutral. Micro detail is not great as treble is flat.

However the soundstage is very wide, their isn't much air between instrument compared to kaede II which just has amazing instrument placement, maybe I haven't burn the iem properly.

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #122 of 659
There's news saying that it will support usb dac after some time through firmware update. I hope it includes OTG function for smartphones.BTW, audionewbi, could you describe more on the paring with T8ie, I would like to know if Valoq's balanced out helps improve T8's soft, laidback sound signatute. Does the paring make music more engaging? And how are the highs presented in your opinion. I am very close go out to grab it now as they have stock in where I live. Thanks!

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #123 of 659
There's news saying that it will support usb dac after some time through firmware update. I hope it includes OTG function for smartphones.BTW, @audionewbi, could you describe more on the paring with T8ie, I would like to know if Valoq's balanced out helps improve T8's soft, laidback sound signatute. Does the paring make music more engaging? And how are the highs presented in your opinion. I am very close go out to grab it now as they have stock in where I live. Thanks!

No, the T8iE change will not significantly change (that goes for almost all balance amp done correctly). I notice an improvement in bass that is about it. I find T8iE engaging as it, so valoq addition certainly don't hurt.
So far I have tried few IEM using 2.5mm balance out, I am not fully confident with my finding but with one I am, the UM50Pro and Ultrasone IQ reacted very positively with balance connect, noticeable improvement in treble. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #124 of 659
Thank you for the quick reply. I had better wait for its usb dac upgrade (scheduled in March) because when combined with upsampling function, this machine might bring streaming services like Tidal to another level.

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #125 of 659
Thank you for the quick reply. I had better wait for its usb dac upgrade (scheduled in March) because when combined with upsampling function, this machine might bring streaming services like Tidal to another level.

I do not use tidal or anything else, but I do see the appeal of USB DAC for movie purposes.

I look forward to trying the opamp I am still researching different opamp and I will order the right opamp hopefully soon. I am quiet happy so far with what I hear with valoq. The UI is fast and simple and effective. The scroll wheel is fast and the UI has no lag which allows for easy and quick navigation, which is the positive side of having a relatively resistance free scroll wheel. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #126 of 659
Can anyone help me out with the analog output settings?

What does Super Slow, Slow and Fast mean?

TIA!

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #127 of 659
Can anyone help me out with the analog output settings?

What does Super Slow, Slow and Fast mean?

TIA!

VALOQ only uses three of the five possible filter setting AK4490 EQ offers, I think future firmware will implement all the five setting. As what they each mean refer to above table. 

Source: http://www.akm.com/akm/en/product/featured/velvetsound/?link_id=link107

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #128 of 659
Dec 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #129 of 659
I've reverted back to the stock opamp and started the burin phase. I should focus on the stock setting first before experiment with other settings. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #130 of 659
Just curious if anyone faced issues that some songs are not loaded in the library? I am using 128gb micro SD.

Am using only flac. Tx for the feedback in advanced.

Dec 25, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #131 of 659
Just curious if anyone faced issues that some songs are not loaded in the library? I am using 128gb micro SD.

Am using only flac. Tx for the feedback in advanced.

I cant say I experience that, I actually haven't tested for that yet.
=========

Too bad this is too big, i would have loved to try this
http://sparkoslabs.com/discrete-op-amps/

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #132 of 659
Not quiet an update but more of a sensation, I sense the stock setting pairs best with BA IEM/CIEM than dynamic driver. I have been getting consistently positive results with any balance armature IEM I have paired with valoq but with dynamic driver something is missing in terms of speed and thickness of bass. 

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #135 of 659
Spec wise I don't see why not.

There are also dedicated low-pass IC, MAX291 for instance. To be honest my knowledge in this field is basically non-existent. It appears the entire purpose of LPF is to certain task however MUSES8820 is not designed to be LPF but it is more an operation amplifier taking up that job. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back