Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Dec 22, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #91 of 659
Have you tried creating a playlist?

I had created one for my microSD but when I later added in more files to the microSD (thru the Valoq direct) the playlist was gone............
I noticed the internal memory corrupts easily. When I played around with playlist it asked me to reformat as internal memory is corrupted.

I think this might be why the internal memory is so small, imagine loading all those 200 GB only to loss it due to corruption.

Ignoring that I find the wound very open. More importantly its optical out sounds much better than ak120.

I think more is too come with future updates , like usb dac function.

Ergonomic wise as their first attempt I give them a pass but I think the scroll wheel is too loss and I find myself wanting at least a FF button.

I just cant imagine how it will sound paired with muses02 or opa627 or better with discrete opamps.

Good times is in my way.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #92 of 659
  Guys the unit arrived, hopefully I get a chance to test it this long weekend. The pain of not having time to test a unit you have wanted for long is unbearable but it is here. 

This LPF is Japanese audio brand "FIDELIX"
http://www.fidelix.jp/
I don't know it can international shipping... sorry

By the way, VALOQ has 8GB TF-card inside.

Blank space 4.2MB : header?
FAT32 (Windows visible) : DB file, ini file, and your music (MAX 6GB)
FAT16 (linux visible) : system setteing files?(theme data*.png and more...)
unknown format 32MB (Windows and Linux not visible) : system files ???
Blank space 3.1MB : unknown

I try sector by sector cloning, but can not boot VALOQ(Black screen)...
I want to retrofit 128GB more TF card. I'll try a little more research :)

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #96 of 659
  Yes ! I get replacement today.
Shop says "It is likely to be a failure of the machine"

Lucky you, if mine start to have problems, then I will have to mail it back to the shop...

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #100 of 659
Guys sorry for this noob question............never a DIY person myself............

I managed to get the appropriate screwdriver to open the compartment door (T5 head if that matters)...........and saw TWO pieces of Muses8820 there (for balance purpose I suppose?).

Question is, I have to get TWO instead of ONE piece of opamps for the Valoq, is it right? For example I have to get TWO pieces of Muses02 if that's what I wanna try, is that correct?

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #101 of 659
  Guys sorry for this noob question............never a DIY person myself............

I managed to get the appropriate screwdriver to open the compartment door (T5 head if that matters)...........and saw TWO pieces of Muses8820 there (for balance purpose I suppose?).

Question is, I have to get TWO instead of ONE piece of opamps for the Valoq, is it right? For example I have to get TWO pieces of Muses02 if that's what I wanna try, is that correct?

Yes that is correct. Purpose for this is mostly because some opamp are only single channel. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #102 of 659

Please share the outcome after you tried it? My unit coming in tomorrow and might be tempted to do the same...TIA

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #103 of 659
Here are couple of tips on replacing OpAmp chips:

1, get the right tools, like an chip puller and try not to force anything.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002JEZ2I?refRID=EG72NBPTV4J6YEXSMTFZ&ref_=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_13
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T9W5DW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01
2, on the chip, one of the corner will have a dot on it, and that's pin 1, which is the lower left corner of the socket.
3, try to get your chips from Mouser or DigiKey, which are the license sellers for NJR MUSES series OpAmps.  Anything posted on eBay are very likely counterfeit.
4, replacing the chips do void warranty, but for us importing to the US or the rest of the world this is not a big deal, as we don't get warranty anyway.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #104 of 659
Guys, here are some more OpAmp options that are not normally available for the dip setup:

http://www.practicaldevices.com/chiphelp.htm

They were designed for PD's XM series of amps, but since the socket layout are the same for the Valoq, they should work.  Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back