Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Dec 22, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #76 of 659

I had been using the AK120ii which is quite reference oriented and colder sounding itself, different from the 240 and perhaps even more so from the 380. But overall the Cowons are much more fun sounding than the AK siblings, and the Valoq sits somewhere in between.

Love the DSD upsampling to bits - yes organic is the word.

The local distributor had the latest firmware installed. No links are available for downloads for now as far as I understand.

I see you have the T8iE like me, I was expecting a day and nigh difference running the T8iE in balance but that was a bit of a let down. Are you planning in swapping opamp?

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #77 of 659
  I see you have the T8iE like me, I was expecting a day and nigh difference running the T8iE in balance but that was a bit of a let down. Are you planning in swapping opamp?

I think the DSD upsampling had already reaped lots of benefits we usually link with balance output - wider soundstange, more depth and cleaner output etc, such that running single end or balanced doesn't bring as much difference as one may expect.

Swapping opamp, yes, as soon as I figure out how to unscrew that compartment door and as soon as I know where to get genuine opamps locally, and figure out what should I get. Its Muses8820 by default I think? 

Dec 22, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #78 of 659

I think the DSD upsampling had already reaped lots of benefits we usually link with balance output - wider soundstange, more depth and cleaner output etc, such that running single end or balanced doesn't bring as much difference as one may expect.

Swapping opamp, yes, as soon as I figure out how to unscrew that compartment door and as soon as I know where to get genuine opamps locally, and figure out what should I get. Its Muses8820 by default I think? 

Yes it is muses8820 by default. I had two positive results with the muse02 and I am really keen in trying a fully discrete opamp. Looking forward to your findings :)

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #80 of 659
Just confirmed shipment from HK and ordered my OpAmps from Mouser :).

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #82 of 659
Hmmm, seems like my unit also js developing that horizontal white line problem. I honestly thing it is a firmware issue not a screen issue. It makes no sense for so many units to develop this problem.

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #83 of 659
Hmmm, seems like my unit also js developing that horizontal white line problem. I honestly thing it is a firmware issue not a screen issue. It makes no sense for so many units to develop this problem.

Got a pic?

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #84 of 659

Something like this?
http://www.amazon.com/Top-One-Tech-Multipurpose-Screwdrivers/dp/B0171JRMEO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1450815333&sr=8-9&keywords=star+tips+tools

And yes, the MUSES8820 is the default OpAmp for the Valoq.  Mouser ships international, so I don't think you will have a problem with that.

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #86 of 659
I left my unit plugged in at home so I can't take any pictures but if you search twitter for valoq you can see what I mean.

Try looking it up and got nothing...

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #88 of 659
http://i1.wp.com/iphone-media.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2015-12-19-17.08.22.jpg

Thanks but that sucks!  I hope is not the TFT panel controller acting up.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #90 of 659
I think it is firmware related as the lines for some users has moved up from where they started.

Have you tried creating a playlist?

I had created one for my microSD but when I later added in more files to the microSD (thru the Valoq direct) the playlist was gone............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back