Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Dec 20, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #48 of 659
  Gents, do you know if this OPA627 from Vantam fits?

Not sure, but I think it will.  If you compare the PCB and the back opening, it is easy to see it could fit.  However, height wise it could be an issue, so we are not sure at this point.

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #50 of 659
Here is a blog entry of a reviewer who is testing the opamp, google is not doing a good job translationg, can any native speakers help the community, thanks.

http://iphone-media.net/post-953/

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #52 of 659
For me OLED is not a must however truth be told there has been three cases of screen having horizontal white line which at this stage is not clear whether it is a firmware issue or screen issue. i think it is likely be a firmware issue as dead pixel will not be white.

The appeal of OLED is sharper colours and longer life as well as better battery however I am sure if a Japanese product was to implement that the price would increase half fold. 

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #53 of 659
From the blog it looks like there are enough room for the caps!  However, it is a bit moot since the newer OPA627AP will work.  I really wish I know about this sooner and able to get the preorder bonus 8920, but I am sure VC will sell them at some point.  And from the looks for it I need to order my self another set of MUSE01 and 02 as currently I only have one each.

Speaking of OLED, it can improve battery life by turning off dark pixels, but who knows will that add noise.  The Paw Gold can't do DSD256, but other than some NativeDSD samples, I don't have anything that high.  I am not dis-ing the Paw here, but I will take VC quality any day.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #54 of 659
VC has to prove itself in DAP world, I will test it once I have in my hand. And also the difference between 8920 and stock LPF opamp is minimum, you are better off trying muses02. I have a set of muses01 which I will try but experience tells me when they are under voltage their sound is dry and bright however when powered properly they are airy, wide sounding and detailed and excellent bass detail.

If VC is able to release an limited quantity based on muses01 that thing would be killer. 

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #56 of 659
I have confirmation from MusicaAcoustics that there is a Line Output option on VALOQ (well, it is combined with optical out) , here is VALOQ connected to Vanatm via 3.5 mm analog cable.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #57 of 659
  VC has to prove itself in DAP world, I will test it once I have in my hand. And also the difference between 8920 and stock LPF opamp is minimum, you are better off trying muses02. I have a set of muses01 which I will try but experience tells me when they are under voltage their sound is dry and bright however when powered properly they are airy, wide sounding and detailed and excellent bass detail.

If VC is able to release an limited quantity based on muses01 that thing would be killer. 

I read the blog more closely, and it mentioned that the MUSES01 required 9v but the Valoq only supplies 7v, which is not ideal.  Apparently the dual chip setup are indeed for left and right channel, that means a single channel chip like the OPA627AP will work.  I am about to go order myself a bunch of them from Mouser.

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #58 of 659
I got a VALOQ in Japan.
I'm Japanese so poor English sorry...

I tested OPAMP list

MUSES8820 : optional
MUSES8920 : (Reservation privilege)
LME49720NA : 
OPA2134PA : 
MUSES01 : 
FIDELIX discrete OPAMP : 

My best OPAMP is FIDELIX discrete OPAMP

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #59 of 659
Thank you and welcome.  What do you think of the OPA627AP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back