Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Feb 3, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #286 of 659
  To me it sounds just amazing! Very specious and wide, close to neutral I guess, extremely detailed and full body sound thanks to opa627. These are just first minutes impressions...

By the way I have 1.2.15554 firmware installed.
On the other hand I see that the latest frimware on the website is 1.1.15525..
Which is the latest?

Perhaps stick to that till the new firmware comes out. I know there was talk about certain stability with certain language so I dont want to give you the wrong information. How much was the upgrade if you dont mine me asking. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #287 of 659
  To me it sounds just amazing! Very specious and wide, close to neutral I guess, extremely detailed and full body sound thanks to opa627. These are just first minutes impressions...

By the way I have 1.2.15554 firmware installed.
On the other hand I see that the latest frimware on the website is 1.1.15525..
Which is the latest?

Would you please check if there's DSD256 option in SRC output mode of audio setting ? If DSD256 is there , this firmware should be newer one .

OPA627 series and AD827SQ are the OP I am eager to try if any chance ; especially OPA627SM . It will be great if Doctor or anyone else can kindly provide review or suggestion .

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #288 of 659
  Would you please check if there's DSD256 option in SRC output mode of audio setting ? If DSD256 is there , this firmware should be newer one .

OPA627 series and AD827SQ are the OP I am eager to try if any chance ; especially OPA627SM . It will be great if Doctor or anyone else can kindly provide review or suggestion .

15554 is indeed the newer version which hasn't even been posted yet.  Also, as of now the OPA627 won't work without some major modding (4 chips, dip8 boards, adapters, and maybe an enlarged cover.)  However, the AD827SQ sounds interesting and I might try it later.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #289 of 659
I read about this DAP on HK website, and it states if we don't get it from authorized dealer, we don't get new firmware updated unless we can read Japanese, so If I want to read Chinese, I have to get it from HK, Taiwan or mainland dealers.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #290 of 659
  I read about this DAP on HK website, and it states if we don't get it from authorized dealer, we don't get new firmware updated unless we can read Japanese, so If I want to read Chinese, I have to get it from HK, Taiwan or mainland dealers.

Just get it from SaleHiFi.com.  The site is VC front from HK and it is 100% official.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #292 of 659

No, I do not see DSD256

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #294 of 659

I was told that this is the latest (experimental?) firmware which is not officially available yet. They just installed it on a couple of players. May be it is related to the opa627 installation at the factory – don’t know.

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #295 of 659
  Leather craft is my part time business for supporting me to get more audiophile products 
smily_headphones1.gif

if you are interested for getting one of this case, please check out this link:

https://www.etsy.com/hk-en/listing/264661630/venturecraft-valoq-sdp-1-leather-case

Thank you.

Hey, do you have a picture of the black case? Thanks.

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #296 of 659
Send my unit back for screen fix. I cannot believe how used to the navigation I got. Going to be a long while this short period of separation. Can the members who have the opa627 officially from VC please comment on the sound. They they say that they did anything in order to increase the performance of the dap to match the opamp or is it a direct replacement.

Regards
Moe

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #297 of 659
  Send my unit back for screen fix. I cannot believe how used to the navigation I got. Going to be a long while this short period of separation. Can the members who have the opa627 officially from VC please comment on the sound. They they say that they did anything in order to increase the performance of the dap to match the opamp or is it a direct replacement.

Regards
Moe

Well, it is still not clear if they did anything special with VALOQ to put the 627's in but the fact is that one guy who has ordered a standard version with muses8820 in parallel with me got the unit with a different firmware (1.1....) - btw, his unit developed that white line on the second day of usage..
So they installed 1.2.15554 on just a few DAPs with the opa627 only.

Sound wise - I'm more than happy with what I hear. Looks like VALOQ requires some burn-in hours as well.
To me it sounds neutral with very large and deep soundstage with a lot of air, very clean and detailed sound, never harsh or sibilant. This is all about the combination with R2Pro.
I like the bass - right quantity and very high quality.  

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #298 of 659
  15554 is indeed the newer version which hasn't even been posted yet.  Also, as of now the OPA627 won't work without some major modding (4 chips, dip8 boards, adapters, and maybe an enlarged cover.)  However, the AD827SQ sounds interesting and I might try it later .

I got AD827SQ and installed in Valoq just now . Sounds clear like LME49990MA but powerful like Muses02 , soundstage is wider without sibilant at all . It's too early to say if it's worthy ,  but I am happy to have AD827SQ by far .

Feb 6, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #300 of 659
Anyone using the MUSES02 op amp full time?  Local stock is available thinking about giving them a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back