Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Jan 22, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #271 of 659
  Perhaps lack of gapless is still my major issue with this player, after the brighter sound paired with some of my favourite IEM which partially is fixed with gain reduction.

I am totally enjoying the navigation, fast and in large lag free.

I have to send my unit back this monday as i was waiting for the firmware to be released. Sadly the firmware do not fix the white line which makes me thing it might be a hardware issue. 

Something fun: toggling the unit to lock turns the screen off, that is a nice trick and I am happy they implemented it. 

I just got my RMA back with a totally new unit, and no more white lines.  However, I noticed more noise from the balanced end, made worse with the DSD128 up sampling...

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #273 of 659
  Seems new firmware didn't enable USB-DAC yet , is there anyone can help to confirm ? Thanks in advance .

I can enable it, but it doesn't work for Win10.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #275 of 659
That's weird ; would you please advise how to enable DAC function ? I am using Win7 64bit , nothing happen when I connect Valoq to my computer . If enable USB MSC mode in Valoq , only I can see mass storage in Win7 .

I don't think there is anything we can do at this point, as it is a firmware/driver issue.  I just tested this with a Win7 PC and the DAC won't enable.

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #277 of 659
Expected time of release is mid February.

They have a testing event at E-earphones Akiba again today.

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #278 of 659
  I don't think there is anything we can do at this point, as it is a firmware/driver issue.  I just tested this with a Win7 PC and the DAC won't enable.

Using USB 2.0? I have had two DAPs that would not be recognized as DACs except with 2.0 ports (something or other about the Generic USB Audio driver).

That's weird ; would you please advise how to enable DAC function ? I am using Win7 64bit , nothing happen when I connect Valoq to my computer . If enable USB MSC mode in Valoq , only I can see mass storage in Win7 .

I think USB MSC mode is storage mode, at least with the DAPs I have used.

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #280 of 659
According to VentureCraft HK's facebook , there's a good news about upcoming firmware , VC enabled DSD256 for Valoq ; and we will get this firmware very soon . Bad news about USB DAC function in Valoq is still absent in upcoming firmware .

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #285 of 659
  How is it sir? I still cannot apart from my unit or RMA purpose. If this shows to be a positive change maybe I should send mine back to get this done as well as RMA. 

To me it sounds just amazing! Very spacious and wide, close to neutral I guess, extremely detailed and full body sound thanks to opa627. These are just first minutes impressions...

By the way I have 1.2.15554 firmware installed.
On the other hand I see that the latest frimware on the website is 1.1.15525..
Which is the latest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back