Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Apr 24, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #437 of 4,830
  Now all that's left is to await delivery.. and to get the Techne right of course.

hmm well i being rather nearer bob, so post gets to me rather faster, im pretty pleased with the new filter for the Techne's.  its comparatively much more bassy that the Hyperion's as its default tuning so you can then push its sound signature about with the filters.  so, the trebbly one, the V shaped one and the bassy one.  i like the new bassy one, though i totally confess its too bassy for me, but i think it'll be a real crowd pleaser.  plus if you dont want gobs of bass you have the filters to play with and comparatively boost up the treble if you want.

so if you ask me i think it is done but as these are bobs personal baby's he wants to get everything everything just so and that everyones happy with them.

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #438 of 4,830
Will there be any Techne reviews before the campaign ends @Brooko and @mark2410? Only 9 days left 
confused.gif

Sorry my bad! I just saw @Brooko's Techne review. I mean will you update it with the new filter?

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #439 of 4,830
  Will there be any Techne reviews before the campaign ends @Brooko and @mark2410? Only 9 days left 
confused.gif

Sorry my bad! I just saw @Brooko's Techne review. I mean will you update it with the new filter?

well......... i dont know. 

at present mine it written, but bob wasnt hoping i felt them as bassy as i did so being quite the perfectionist he wanted to have another thinky and to get feedback from brooko too before he makes the final final decisions.

if you are super eager to have a perusal though ill fire bob an email and see if he would mind if i pm'd or emailed you my thoughts.  given they are non finalised he might not want it out, and you would have to keep in mind they may not be as is too.

ill email him now though, if you could pm me thatll remind me to follow up.

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #440 of 4,830
Will there be any Techne reviews before the campaign ends @Brooko
 and @mark2410
? Only 9 days left :confused:  

Sorry my bad! I just saw @Brooko
's Techne review. I mean will you update it with the new filter?

Bob was supposed to be getting me a new middle filter, at which stage I'll then update what I've written.

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #441 of 4,830

Really interesting question.

The two share a very similar sound signature / tonality - Titan has a bit more lift in the upper end, Delta is a bit smoother sounding.  Titan also sounds a little wider in stage, but is more open - where the Delta isolates better.  Titan really ahs to be worn cxable down (for most comfort), Titan can be worn up or down.

?  Which one has to be worn cable down?

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #442 of 4,830

I think he meant Delta can be worn up or down.  Also Havi B3 and GR07 can be both worn up and down. 
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #443 of 4,830
I think he meant Delta can be worn up or down.  Also Havi B3 and GR07 can be both worn up and down. :wink:

Havi can be worn cable down? Does it require switching the buds around? Cable up has less microphonics tho, I feel.

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #444 of 4,830
Hi Folks,

Sorry I have been so absent lately, boy o' boy things have been super crazy. I really never envisaged how much I would need to juggle on this project. In the flow now and all is good :)

Ok, straight to the many comments on the Techne. As most of you know mark2410 and Brooko have had test units. These units were prototypes and not full production and come with all the tiny quirks and imperfections a hand made prototype can come with.

After speaking to both mar2410 and Brooko I was really not happy that bass was to dominating. It drove me crazy to find out what was wrong and this has now been resolved. All I can say is that now the SS is much like that of the Hyperion, so we now have a bass head style filter, a V shape filter and a beautifully smooth filter. Sadly this will mean that mark2410 and Brooko may not get to do full reviews (again Brooko :wink: ) until after the KS has finished.

If any of you have any questions , fire away.

cheers
Bob

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #445 of 4,830
Havi can be worn cable down? Does it require switching the buds around? Cable up has less microphonics tho, I feel.

Yes it can be worn down but it is a bit microphonic using that way. No need to switch the buds btw. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #446 of 4,830

I was talking about the DUNU Titan.  It can be worn cable up - but it's slightly uncomfortable/awkward that way.  The Trinity Delta on the other hand can be worn up or down.

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #447 of 4,830
smily_headphones1.gif
Brooko, now you have my interest piqued for the Altone 200, EXCELLENT review by the way. Has anyone including yourself, as yet had the opportunity to A/B compare them against the 250 and 350's? I'm sensing some kind of undercurrent about how good the 250 is and how the 350 is somehow lacking despite it's premium price.

Yes, there is a disturbance in the Force....

Sorry to sidetrack this thread.

Thanx,

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #448 of 4,830
I'll be able to check out the Altone250 soon and will compare with the original Altone200. I'll also be able to check out the Altone350 - but not for awhile yet.

I'm really curious to hear how TPEOS responded to feedback from H300 and Altone200!

And to keep us on track - I can't wait to get the Hyperion + Delta bundle :L3000:

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #449 of 4,830
Thanx nmatheis.  I'm most interested in 200 Vs 250. I await with bated breath....

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back