Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Apr 18, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #406 of 4,830
You signed up for Hyperion + Delta, too @ozkan?

Nope, only for Hyperions but may change to Hyperion + Delta after reading H20Fidelity's reviews. 
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #407 of 4,830
Hi Brooko,

I REALLY love your reviews, and your opinions are invaluable to me!
A quick question for you (my sincere apologies if I have missed it already being asked / answered):

I listen mostly to rock / alt. rock (Coldplay, Muse, etc), and going to receive my X3 2nd gen any day now. I do like bass that has some kick to it, but I am not a bass head. Just like it a little more bassy than 100% flat / neutral...
I am debating between the Hyperion and the Delta. Now, I know for a fact that even if I end up with the Delta - I will audition all 3 filters, choose 1 of the filters, and will never switch filters ever again. 
I do NOT consider myself an audiophile by any mean, and I have not been tested for many years, but I seriously doubt my hearing is perfect...

So, having said all that, and I know it is very subjective - is it worth the very high price premium of the Delta compared to the Hyperion?
Would the difference in sound, for mere mortals with imperfect hearing, be worth paying 3x the price?

Looking forward to your answer, so I can place my KickStarter pledge  :wink:

Keep up the excellent work of reviewing gear for us all :)

Zachi.

Hi Zachi

Thanks. I listen to quite a bit of Rock & Alt Rock myself. In answer to your question - I'm getting 2 Hyperions (one each for my to kids) - they'll love them .......... An entry point to HQ audio. For me though, it's Delta all the way. I'll also stick with the gun-metal filter most of the time, but it's nice to have the option to go silver occasionally if I need more fun factor. The Delta does everything well - and can play with IEMs at much higher price levels IMO.

And I'm one of those mere mortals, with lesser hearing (age, mild tinnitus, normal human ears) - but to me it's still worth it to go Delta.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #408 of 4,830
Nope, only for Hyperions but may change to Hyperion + Delta after reading H20Fidelity's reviews. :wink:  

Try PMing him. My understanding is that he's pulled out of all reviewing for a while due to personal reasons. It's only temporary - but for now I don't think you'll get a full review from him. He might pop up and give a short impression of each (hopefully) if he has time.

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #410 of 4,830
Hey @Brooko: Will Sony Hybrids fit on Hyperion and Delta? If so, is it a good match? I find the foam-filled Sony Hybrids make silicon tips fit much more securely in my ears than regular silicon tips. Sound good, too
L3000.gif

Yep - Sony Isolation Hybrids fit both.  The Delta is a really tight fit - you need to really force it, but once they are on, you're golden. They fit the Hyperion a lot better - slightly smaller diameter nozzle.

I get slight driver flex on insertion with the hybrids - but that's just because with my ears, I get such a good seal that it's hard to equalise pressure initially.  I use Comply on both (personal pref) - but the Sonys would be my easy second choice.

Apr 18, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #411 of 4,830

Yep - Sony Isolation Hybrids fit both.  The Delta is a really tight fit - you need to really force it, but once they are on, you're golden. They fit the Hyperion a lot better - slightly smaller diameter nozzle.

I get slight driver flex on insertion with the hybrids - but that's just because with my ears, I get such a good seal that it's hard to equalise pressure initially.  I use Comply on both (personal pref) - but the Sonys would be my easy second choice.

Good to hear. I'm using the foam hybrids with my XBA-H1s, B3P1s and MA750s. Tight fits on both Havi and RHA, but seal and sound superb. Glad they'll work with the Deltas.

Apr 18, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #413 of 4,830
Apr 19, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #415 of 4,830
  anyone could explain the differences between TDK BA200 vs Delta?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/584123/tdk-ba200-appreciation-thread

from the graph, are they similar? not really sure how to read these graphs. Tia.

From the graphs I can easily say that Delta has more sparkle to the treble and seems more detailed. Overall more resolving and clearer than BA200 I guess. The bass sounds fuller with a bit thicker midrange along with a cleaner presentation.  

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #417 of 4,830
Waiting for new filters from Bob (for the Techne) - then will update my review accordingly.

As far as the Delta goes - I still use it most days, pretty much rotate between the Delta, Titan and A83.

If anyone has any specific questions, we'd be more than willing to assist.

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #418 of 4,830
  Waiting for new filters from Bob (for the Techne) - then will update my review accordingly.

As far as the Delta goes - I still use it most days, pretty much rotate between the Delta, Titan and A83.

If anyone has any specific questions, we'd be more than willing to assist.

What kind of music genres would you say delta does best ?

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #419 of 4,830
I think I said in my review that the Delta was a real all-rounder.  And even for people with different tastes, they're going to find a filter to suit.  My favourite is the middle / gun-metal (or smooth) filter. There is just enough bass to be considered 'punchy', it has a very clear mid-range, and smooth - but detailed treble. It's not quite as thick in the mid-range as the A83, but has more body than a thinner sounding IEM like the Havi.  I think most people will appreciate this one.

If you like a bit more bass impact, and maybe a little more excitement up top - the silver filter should help.  It adds a touch more fun (more of a V shape), and genres like electronic can really fly with this filter.

The gold filter might be the odd one out for most people.  It can be pretty bass light - but for lovers of acoustic or folk music - it does bring something else to the table.

I personally think the Delta is the most versatile, and offers the best overall range of signatures.  I use it for pretty much everything.

Hope that helps

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #420 of 4,830
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm excited about the Deltas Brooko, can't wait to hear them. Jeez.... all the way until June, I might have to buy something new in order to fill in the Gap
biggrin.gif
. Maybe try those KEFS out.......

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back