Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Mar 30, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #438 of 4,765
what program do you rip/convert your audio files? this way I can produce a guide for that particular program.

I use XLD on a MacBook Pro. But instead of ripping directly from the CD (which I find is slower), I copy the CD onto my HD and convert from aiff to flac.

To complicate matters, I have one extra track that I bought from the iTunes store (stupid bonus track only available there) and would like to stick it in. It was easy with the AK240, with the Gapless option, but what an incredible pain to listen to stops/starts of an originally gapless album on the Paw and Tera.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #439 of 4,765

I use XLD on a MacBook Pro. But instead of ripping directly from the CD (which I find is slower), I copy the CD onto my HD and convert from aiff to flac.

To complicate matters, I have one extra track that I bought from the iTunes store (stupid bonus track only available there) and would like to stick it in. It was easy with the AK240, with the Gapless option, but what an incredible pain to listen to stops/starts of an originally gapless album on the Paw and Tera.

Setup Preference

1)Open XLD->Preference
2)Click on output option and select "Allow to embed cuesheet", okay it and close

Add files

1)File->Open folder as disc: Navigate to the folder where the album files are
This should open a window where we can edit tag, add album art and etc

2)From the drop down menu select "Save as single file (+cue)

Done!

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #440 of 4,765
I am considering this player seriously, but as I listen almost exclusively to classical music, the ability to play all supported files is essential, and without any extra steps like fiddling around with cue-sheets or whatever. In answer to my enquiry about gapless play or lack of same, Lotoo replied:-

"There are little gaps between tracks, we are going to fix it. But (ape+cue) and (wav+cue) will play without gap.
  Best Regards
Xiao Q"

If they are going to fix it, is this with updated firmware?

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #441 of 4,765
I have no reply back on when they are going to do that by my guess is sometimes after they have release the PAW 5000, they are buys with that. Good news is they both use the same sort of UI so this means they will continue firmware support long after their product is out. I doubt after PAW 5000 they will release anything else. They are not into DAP making business, this is made due to popular demand. PAW 5000 is made to let those who want the PAW Gold sound philosophy but are not willing to pay such a high price. Will that deliver? I will find out when I get my unit.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #442 of 4,765
  Setup Preference

1)Open XLD->Preference
2)Click on output option and select "Allow to embed cuesheet", okay it and close

Add files

1)File->Open folder as disc: Navigate to the folder where the album files are
This should open a window where we can edit tag, add album art and etc

2)From the drop down menu select "Save as single file (+cue)

Done!

Audionewbi, I could kiss you! It's playing perfectly on my PG. Now, is there any way I do it for WAV so I can play it on the TERA? The WAV option on XLD does not have 'Allow to embed cue sheet'. Can I just convert the resultant flac to wav?

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #443 of 4,765

Audionewbi, I could kiss you! It's playing perfectly on my PG. Now, is there any way I do it for WAV so I can play it on the TERA? The WAV option on XLD does not have 'Allow to embed cue sheet'. Can I just convert the resultant flac to wav?

I dont have a tera, I love to own one and if i do ever get a chance to test it again I will see if I can figure it out and post my findings but as far as WAV for lotoo goes it should produce a separate cuesheet. The embed option only means you dont need to store the cuesheet as a separate file. 

So summary: Everyone in the steps I mentioned remains the same, the cuesheet produce is than place in the same folder as the wav file produce in "Add file" step and on your PG use the cuesheet to navigate your files. 

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #444 of 4,765
I used XLD to convert the single flac file to wav, which then played flawlessly on the Tera. One thing I realized though, with one continuous track, I am unable to skip to my favorite tracks at will. Oh well, good thing I have the AK240 for perfect gapless album manipulation.

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #445 of 4,765
I'm having problem with transferring large ISO files to the SD card.
Using the Lotoo player it is only formatting the SD card to FAT32. I tried to re-format the SD card using PC to NTFS but Lotoo does not recognize it.

Can anyone help me on how to transfer larger files to FAT32?

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #446 of 4,765
I'm having problem with transferring large ISO files to the SD card.
Using the Lotoo player it is only formatting the SD card to FAT32. I tried to re-format the SD card using PC to NTFS but Lotoo does not recognize it.

Can anyone help me on how to transfer larger files to FAT32?

Why wouldn't you be able to transfer large files to a Lotoo formatted SD card? What SD card are you using? After I format any SD card (to FAT32 on my MacBook pro) to be used with the PAW, I would let the PAW do its format again. Then I've transferred lots of huge dsd tracks without any problems whatsoever using a SanDisk Extreme Pro.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #450 of 4,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back