Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Oct 24, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #2,573 of 4,766
The Lotoo site, English version, has had a message "The website is unable to activate for the moment" for well over three weeks now, with subsequent text indicating that according to the filing requirements of China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), the website is accessible only if the ICP information is accurate and the ICP license is filed.

Sounds like it is not waiting for a properly-reviewed English update, but instead is being made unavailable by requirements of MIIT.

Sounds like it could be a long spell...

I bet they snuck in the firmware upgrade long sought by @musicday and others to allow controlling transport without having to wake up the device with the on switch, and Lotoo doesn't want him to have it!  
darthsmile.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #2,575 of 4,766
  Someone here recommended contacting Lotoo directly and they emailed me the latest firmware updates in English for both the Paw Gold and he 5000.

What email address did you use?  

What firmware version numbers did you get as the most recent for the PAW Gold and for the PAW 5000?

Thanks.

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #2,576 of 4,766
  I bet they snuck in the firmware upgrade long sought by @musicday and others to allow controlling transport without having to wake up the device with the on switch, and Lotoo doesn't want him to have it!  
darthsmile.gif

What do you mean?  Being able to skip tracks forward and backward while the display is off?

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #2,577 of 4,766
Well i contacted them many months ago regarding those few issues and they addressed that with the latest firmware.Still why the website is down is a mystery for me and I and not convinced that new more firmware updates will come in the near future unless if it proves that I am wrong.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #2,578 of 4,766
From someone's post on FB:

Lotoo introduced a new product at the Tokyo Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival: Lotoo Paw Pico.

Weight: 27g
Size: 40.8mm*43mm
Playing time: >10 hours (maybe more)
SD card slot
Bluetooth

YES!!! MicroSD card is there, I see a slot now, next to the volume pot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back