Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Oct 19, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #2,507 of 4,765
I just received my Lotoo PAW Gold, in a Dignis case, even.

Its firmware is Version 5.0.1.8.

I see that the lotoo.cn site no longer includes the download of firmware updates for its English version (i.e., there IS no English version!).

Is there a way to get firmware updates from Lotoo or its distributors?

Thanks!

John

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #2,510 of 4,765
  I just received my Lotoo PAW Gold, in a Dignis case, even.

Its firmware is Version 5.0.1.8.

I see that the lotoo.cn site no longer includes the download of firmware updates for its English version (i.e., there IS no English version!).

Is there a way to get firmware updates from Lotoo or its distributors?

Thanks!

John

Completely unrelated to your question, but I am very jealous that you received yours with the Dignis case. I can never seem to find one for the Paw Gold. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #2,511 of 4,765
Completely unrelated to your question, but I am very jealous that you received yours with the Dignis case. I can never seem to find one for the Paw Gold. 

You can get it from Japan but it's over 150$, not worth it imo

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #2,512 of 4,765
Lotoo will be revealing a dap, which appears to be ab ultra portable in this upcoming show in Japan. 
source: http://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404033028379800678#_0

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #2,513 of 4,765
  Lotoo will be revealing a dap, which appears to be ab ultra portable in this upcoming show in Japan. 
source: http://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404033028379800678#_0

I'm very intrigued.  Hopefully someone will report from the show.  So far the only clues we have are:

Why do you think it's a full standalone DAP rather than some bluetooth dongle like ak xb10?  40mm is very small.

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #2,515 of 4,765
Maybe it's something like the ipod shuffle without the screen.

You mean like a Tera player?
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #2,517 of 4,765
Can't be like a Tera Player as it is unique,but it can be like an ipod shuffle:grinning:

A cross between a Tera player and the Lotoo Paw gold? Dude! That would literally be your perfect DAP! lol :)

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #2,518 of 4,765

I'm very intrigued.  Hopefully someone will report from the show.  So far the only clues we have are:

Why do you think it's a full standalone DAP rather than some bluetooth dongle like ak xb10?  40mm is very small.

I used to be in contact with the marketing manager of Lotoo but sadly due to the great firewall of china it is much harder for us to talk. The last talk I had with him was about an amplifier and that was about it. He never speaks of future releases and the reason why he was talking to me about the amplifier was because I read Mimouille factory visit report.

It is hard to get excited anymore about new releases, there are so many new product and equally so many disappointment. At least with Lotoo we know it will sound good but we just have to wait and see what it is. 

Speaking to Lotoo they seem to favour AKG, in particular the K3003, alot. While they never told me how they tune their devices, what gears they use however they did recommend K3003 to me when I asked them for product recommendation to be paired with Lotoo. 

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #2,519 of 4,765
Can't be like a Tera Player as it is unique,but it can be like an ipod shuffle:grinning:

A cross between a Tera player and the Lotoo Paw gold? Dude! That would literally be your perfect DAP! lol :)

I have the perfect music player already but i don't have the perfect IEM !!!
Maybe Plus5 or Vega or SE5 Ultimate:grinning:
Wish i can try many before deciding which to get.

Oct 21, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #2,520 of 4,765
  I used to be in contact with the marketing manager of Lotoo but sadly due to the great firewall of china it is much harder for us to talk. The last talk I had with him was about an amplifier and that was about it. He never speaks of future releases and the reason why he was talking to me about the amplifier was because I read Mimouille factory visit report.

I met him once, it was cool but it was a year ago.
I made a request for a smaller DAP between Paw Gold and Paw 5000 but at that time he told me there wasn't such a thing planned. 

Wow I have to say this new thing is very intriguing and very tiny 
eek.gif
 Very curious to know.
The Fujiya Avic Festival is beginning in a few hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back