Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Apr 3, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #3,916 of 3,966
I loved the way the new E7 sounded at CanJam NYC! Another powerhouse from L&P and thank the audio gods that the UI has improved. Now they need to release an r2r board for it!

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #3,917 of 3,966
Hahah! That’s good. Did you try the 3 different tuning settings?

As for myself, yes, I really do like what LP has done with the E7. Whilst it was never going to be an R2R DAP, but nonetheless LP has shown that they can tune their DAC chips to sound as organic as DS DAC chips will ever sound.

So, for the E7, what I heard was the typical LP house sound of pithy bass, textured mids and extended trebles. I would characterize the sound signature as being neutral on the side of sweetness/warmth. Would love to hear what you all think in due course but I think that the E7 probably, absent the P6Pro Ti, has a slightly bigger soundstage than the P6Pro. :wink: Black background. I had used the FitEar DD based customs as well as the more sensitive MH335ht.

What I really do like is the 3 tuning options: low distortion (LD), high dynamic (HD) and harmonic tuning (HT). The LD mode, I will confirm, is pretty much plain vanilla though of course, the sound signature of the E7 is already on the sweeter side of neutral. :wink: HD is interesting because the sound stage seems to be pushed out and there is a focus on increased dynamics. The HT, if you listen to the videos on the LP Weibo blog, is designed to make you swoon at vocals as well as ACG. Wan described it, during a discussion, as the feeling of the fragrance of spring blossom in the wind as you see and listen to the sparkling of a spring or fountain.

So, do I think the E7 is excellent? Heheh! Yes! Plus it has 3 tuning options. What more can one ask for?

Will post some photos of the UI later. :)

IMG_2769.jpeg

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #3,918 of 3,966
Just to give everyone a glimpse into the new UI for the E7 (and this will be used in all future LP DAPs)

The album listing view:

IMG_4060.jpeg
IMG_4062.jpeg

The settings view which is a tab on the landing page.
IMG_4059.jpeg

7BA1526D-7C2E-49F0-A070-6B8A0B0023D0.jpeg

You also have a convenient pull down quick menu

IMG_4057.jpeg

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #3,919 of 3,966
Oh yes! Before I forget: the BT streaming is excellent as ever. It is supposed to be improved in terms of SQ but I did not enough time to do a detailed analysis. :)

IMG_4066.jpeg

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #3,920 of 3,966
Okay, this all is awesome, no doubt! Any crashes or getting stuck? It had some issues at NYC.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #3,921 of 3,966
Okay, this all is awesome, no doubt! Any crashes or getting stuck? It had some issues at NYC.
Nope. There have been a number of FW updates since the one that was sent to CJ NYC. Especially in the last week or so when it was released in China. :)

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #3,922 of 3,966
Nope. There have been a number of FW updates since the one that was sent to CJ NYC. Especially in the last week or so when it was released in China. :)
Excellent, I guess it's ready for prime time!

Now, how about LP7🤔😂?!

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #3,924 of 3,966

Can you please double check if you can use a quick charger with E7? When I had a moment to test CJ NYC E7 unit, I was only able to use it with 5V chargers. My other Anker smart chargers that switch between 5V and 9V didn't work. But again, that was one of the pre-production units with beta fw as others mentioned. Thus I'm curios about your final production unit.

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #3,925 of 3,966
Can you please double check if you can use a quick charger with E7? When I had a moment to test CJ NYC E7 unit, I was only able to use it with 5V chargers. My other Anker smart chargers that switch between 5V and 9V didn't work. But again, that was one of the pre-production units with beta fw as others mentioned. Thus I'm curios about your final production unit.
Ah... that is too late for me to test now as it has gone back. But I use one of those chargers that I travel with. It powers my MBP, etc.

What I have seen in one of the videos put out by LP in respect of the E7. One video was saying one should use a USB A to USB C cables, like the one that came with the E7. USB C to USB C cables may not work. :)

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #3,927 of 3,966
Do you have any comparative impression between the e7 and lp6. I'm aware they're a different dac structure but I've been hearing how the e7 tuning can have them similar in some regards.

Thanks
Help me understand: what are you saying you have heard about the E7 tuning being similar to the LP6?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #3,928 of 3,966
I heard that "the E7, under High Dynamic tuning, sounds similar to LP6; under Harmonic tuning, it sounds closer to P6 Pro". This was what someone at musicteck told me as i was debating between the e7 or lp6. I was just curious if you had any opinion between the two. I really loved the lp6 sound but the UI and age of the product had deterred me so i was curious just how close (or not) these products were in another person's opinion who has head the e7.

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #3,929 of 3,966
I heard that "the E7, under High Dynamic tuning, sounds similar to LP6; under Harmonic tuning, it sounds closer to P6 Pro". This was what someone at musicteck told me as i was debating between the e7 or lp6. I was just curious if you had any opinion between the two. I really loved the lp6 sound but the UI and age of the product had deterred me so i was curious just how close (or not) these products were in another person's opinion who has head the e7.
Thanks for the context.

Well, the presentation of HD is similar to LP6 in that the soundstage is pretty big giving you a sense of a concert hall. That much is true. But as to whether it is the same is a different question. To my ears, it would not be an apple for apple swap.

As for the HT tuning, perhaps if you are thinking of the P6Pro Ti: because the HT tuning is tuned for vocals and ACG. :)

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #3,930 of 3,966
Look forward to thoughts of folks who are attending CJ SG 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Back