Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Apr 3, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #3,901 of 3,966
I noticed that the EA4 has a lot of adjustable settings. Like, there's this knob that lets you switch the amp from Class A to Class AB, and you can also switch between constant voltage and constant current to choose how the filament is powered.

During my listening session, I used the HD800S, AMT16, and Titanium Bell Plus.

I started with the HD800S (with the stock cable), set the voltage to 16V, constant voltage mode (CV), in Class AB. I found that it gave a really wide soundstage and could drive the HD800S with a lot of power. The details were rich and there was no harshness at all. The vocals were fuller and warmer. The bass was on the clearer side. I'd have liked it even more if the bass was a bit stronger.

Next, I tested two IEMs, the AMT16 and Titanium Bell Plus. Since both are low sensitivity (both are around 102db)earbuds, I went with low gain, constant current mode (CC), and dropped the voltage to 13V. With the EA4, both earbuds sounded more relaxed and spacious, with well-controlled TREs that weren’t too bright. The soundstage was expanded, and the bass was significantly boosted.

Overall, whether driving earbuds or headphones, the EA4 doesn't sound like a portable device; it's closer to the sound of a desktop unit.

Personally, I preferred how the EA4 drove the HD800S.

Attachments

• wx_camera_1711856395248.jpg
    wx_camera_1711856395248.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • wx_camera_1711854891189.jpg
    wx_camera_1711854891189.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 3, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #3,902 of 3,966
L&P told me that this EA4 was just an older prototype, and their products usually go through months of adjustments before they release to the market.

I gave L&P some suggestions, and they said they'd work on optimizing it. There was a long line of people waiting to try out the EA4 at the expo; it was really popular.

Apr 3, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #3,903 of 3,966
Just curious to know if anyone here prefers using WAV rather than FLAC files with the L&P DAP?

I've been pondering if potential sound quality & battery life improvements might outweigh the loss of album art.
I don’t know but lve been badgering LP to do a battery upgrade for the LP range since battery technology has improved 10 fold from 6 years ago. Getting a 2-3 day battery life should be possible 🤭

Apr 3, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #3,904 of 3,966
[cross post from the Cooler thread]

One of the exciting items that we were hoping to see at CJ SG this weekend was the demo unit of the Luxury & Precision E7.

@Uncle Wilson from Jaben Singapore was concerned if there would be shipping delays. Well, good news is that it arrived safely a few days ago. And credit to Wilson that he got it to me for some listening since I will have to sit out this weekend’s festivities because of medical reasons.

Just wanted folks to know the demo unit is in. I am sure you can try it at Jaben SG. :)

IMG_4056.jpeg

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #3,905 of 3,966
L&P told me that this EA4 was just an older prototype, and their products usually go through months of adjustments before they release to the market.

I gave L&P some suggestions, and they said they'd work on optimizing it. There was a long line of people waiting to try out the EA4 at the expo; it was really popular.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #3,906 of 3,966
I noticed that the EA4 has a lot of adjustable settings. Like, there's this knob that lets you switch the amp from Class A to Class AB, and you can also switch between constant voltage and constant current to choose how the filament is powered.

I started with the HD800S (with the stock cable), set the voltage to 16V, constant voltage mode (CV), in Class AB. I found that it gave a really wide soundstage and could drive the HD800S with a lot of power. The details were rich and there was no harshness at all. The vocals were fuller and warmer. The bass was on the clearer side. I'd have liked it even more if the bass was a bit stronger.

Next, I tested two IEMs, the AMT16 and Titanium Bell Plus. Since both are low sensitivity (both are around 102db)earbuds, I went with low gain, constant current mode (CC), and dropped the voltage to 13V. With the EA4, both earbuds sounded more relaxed and spacious, with well-controlled TREs that weren’t too bright. The soundstage was expanded, and the bass was significantly boosted.

Overall, whether driving earbuds or headphones, the EA4 doesn't sound like a portable device; it's closer to the sound of a desktop unit.

Thanks for the impressions! Do you find it portable? It looks pretty big.
And do you know the expected price? I heard it is going for 20000Yuan (~2550USD).

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #3,907 of 3,966
Thanks for the impressions! Do you find it portable? It looks pretty big.
And do you know the expected price? I heard it is going for 20000Yuan (~2550USD).
The size is close to the LP6 series, which I think makes it movable. It should be an aluminum alloy case, so the weight is acceptable. I also heard it's going to be around 20,000 yuan.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #3,910 of 3,966

Thanks for the impressions. It definitely has my attention since it's more closer to a desktop unit since it can drive the HD800s with ease and authority and also IEMs. Did L&P mentioned any specs?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #3,911 of 3,966

@FRank liu d , I was more attracted to the photos in the attachment - what kind of L&P P6-model is this with a black wheel instead of a golden one? did you happen to look at the device info? never saw it ever...

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #3,912 of 3,966
I have been a bit tied up but I thought I would share some unboxing photos of the LP E7 demo unit that was received by @Uncle Wilson of Jaben SG.

IMG_2974.jpeg
IMG_2978.jpeg
IMG_2979.jpeg
IMG_2981.jpeg
IMG_2984.jpeg

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #3,913 of 3,966
I have been a bit tied up but I thought I would share some unboxing photos of the LP E7 demo unit that was received by @Uncle Wilson of Jaben SG.

IMG_2974.jpegIMG_2978.jpegIMG_2979.jpegIMG_2981.jpegIMG_2984.jpeg
Looks classy. Any sound impressions yet?

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #3,914 of 3,966

IMG_2974.jpegIMG_2978.jpegIMG_2979.jpegIMG_2981.jpegIMG_2984.jpeg
Those L&P wooden boxes really help create a positive first impression.

I'm very keen to read your impressions when you've had time to formulate your thoughts, and would love to see the E7 alongside the P6Pro & LP6 as a size comparison.

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #3,915 of 3,966
Those L&P wooden boxes really help create a positive first impression.

I'm very keen to read your impressions when you've had time to formulate your thoughts, and would love to see the E7 alongside the P6Pro & LP6 as a size comparison.
Will give my sound impressions (I had it for a day or so only) later.

For size comparison, I had taken these photos. :)

IMG_4064.jpeg
IMG_4065.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back