In Memory of John Belushi
Mar 6, 2007 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
Today is the anniversary of John Belushi’s passing. I guess I’m getting old I didn’t realize it’s been 25 years since his death. He was one of the comedic icons of my age. I remember Akroyd riding his Harley in front of the funeral procession.

2003597806.jpg

Mitch

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He has the first sit ever in SNL episode one. Falls off the chair. Funny.

And the other gentleman in that first skit, Michael O'Donoghue, has left this earth as well. Both he and Belushi came through the National Lampoon, and both were amazingly funny guys. I miss them both and hope they are laughing their butts off up there somewhere!

A_Sr.

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 12
Hard to believe it has been 25 years. He really was an amazingly talented guy. I remember the shock of his death hitting me almost as hard as John Lennon's death, although in a very different way. It just wasn't something that you could prepare for. "Bam!" he's gone. Thankfully, we can still get a good laugh when we watch the reruns because so much of what he did has proven to be timeless.

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And of course, the best car chase of all time!

Indeed! They really outdid themselves with that chase scene. CLASSIC. The number of cameos/guest appearances in that film is also staggering. What a great, great movie. They just don't make em' like that any more.

I think this thread has inspired me. I will watch my collector's edition DVD of The Blues Brothers this weekend. It will also be a nice nod to another great that has passed on - James Brown (the church scene never fails to entertain me).

For the fans, here is a cool site that has compiled some memorable Blues Brothers quotes.

One of my favorites:

Elwood: What kind of music do you usually have here?

Claire: Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back