IEM that has clarity with the best bass?
Mar 9, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #121 of 169

Quote:
The seller that I found has 100% positive feedback, so I assume they aren't fake.

Well, not really necessarily. I strongly advice you to get it from somewhere like Amazon or any other authorized dealer. At least you will know they are real and you get a lifetime warranty(even if you break them, but only once for that) which is extremely useful :wink:

Mar 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #123 of 169
The Turbine pro golds seem to be way expensive, especially for a single dynamic IEM...
On Amazon they are for £200+, almost same price as Sony XBA-4 which is a quad armature!
Are there any alternates to Turbine pro with a lower price?

Mar 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #124 of 169
Almost all dynamic earphones have a single dynamic driver...you can't really compare the two that way. Some of the best IEMs on the market(Sony EX1000, JVC FX700, Sennheiser IE80, etc.) have just a single dynamic driver.

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #125 of 169

Quote:
Almost all dynamic earphones have a single dynamic driver...you can't really compare the two that way. Some of the best IEMs on the market(Sony EX1000, JVC FX700, Sennheiser IE80, etc.) have just a single dynamic driver.

Is it really that much difference (bass-wise) to the XBA-4s that it's almost for the same price? I can't really believe a dynamic performing better than a quad armature! Just doesn't sound right to me...

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #128 of 169
I dunno, take a look at Joker's big IEM review thread. He's scored several single driver dynamic IEMs equal to or higher than the XBA-4. They're a different technology so the "moar is better" comparison doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
Is it really that much difference (bass-wise) to the XBA-4s that it's almost for the same price? I can't really believe a dynamic performing better than a quad armature! Just doesn't sound right to me...

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #129 of 169

Quote:

I can't believe people still think more BA drivers must sound better than less BA drivers or dynamic drivers. Just doesn't sound right to me.

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #130 of 169
yeah, seriously, more drivers doesn't mean a better sound. Especially if it is a dynamic. The 1 dynamic EX-1000 is better than the xba-4 and on par with the westone 4. But then again, I prefer the 1 balanced armature ER-4P a lot more than the XBA-4. So don't be fooled, more drivers doesn't = better sound, in fact in some cases it could be worse.

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #131 of 169
Look at it this way, the motto for bass has always been “there's no replacement for displacement“, and in that sense a single big dynamic driver should walk over any number of tiny BA drivers.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 10, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #132 of 169

Quote:

If you still want to go for the xba-4, nobody will stop you. But if you want deep rumbling bass, at least 90% you will be disappointed with the xba-4. But then again, they have a  return policy if you don't like them.

Mar 10, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #133 of 169

Quote:
If you still want to go for the xba-4, nobody will stop you. But if you want deep rumbling bass, at least 90% you will be disappointed with the xba-4. But then again, they have a  return policy if you don't like them.

Yep if you want bass generally BA just won't cut it and that's a fact. Dynamic drivers have always been better in the bass department. Nothings changed there and its not surprising. Dynamics are open designs (not saying that all BA are closed) and due to this the drivers can breathe. Dynamics also cover a wider range from top to bottom while BA are lacking. So generally they need more than one driver specifically tuned to compensate. I wouldn't necessarily call that and advantage more than a weakness. Although custom IEMs really do have great potential.

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #134 of 169
Great, should change the way I think about drivers then.
Do you guys think I will need third party tips for Turbine Pro Golds in order to get the best bass response or the Monster supertips are good enough?

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #135 of 169

Quote:
Great, should change the way I think about drivers then.
Do you guys think I will need third party tips for Turbine Pro Golds in order to get the best bass response or the Monster supertips are good enough?

Get third party tips only if the tips don't fit you. They sound great, but unfortunately doesn't fit me, so I use the sony EX hybrids which are also very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back