IEM that has clarity with the best bass?
Mar 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #136 of 169

Quote:
Yep if you want bass generally BA just won't cut it and that's a fact. Dynamic drivers have always been better in the bass department. Nothings changed there and its not surprising. Dynamics are open designs (not saying that all BA are closed) and due to this the drivers can breathe. Dynamics also cover a wider range from top to bottom while BA are lacking. So generally they need more than one driver specifically tuned to compensate. I wouldn't necessarily call that and advantage more than a weakness. Although custom IEMs really do have great potential.

True, balanced armatures need more drivers to handle the frequency range dynamic drivers can, therefore dynamic drivers are more "efficient". 

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #137 of 169
The only real advantages BA has is the ability to use them in fully enclosed cases so isolation is great and the prat. Other than that there's not much of an advantage over dynamics. And to be honest not everyone will consider extreme isolation or even prat (speed) as good things. Some will find the prat very unnatural and a turn off. Extreme isolation is good for places where you are safe and want to block out noise. But many have been severally injured or killed from such isolation so YMWV.

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #138 of 169

Quote:
The only real advantages BA has is the ability to use them in fully enclosed cases so isolation is great and the prat. Other than that there's not much of an advantage over dynamics. And to be honest not everyone will consider extreme isolation or even prat (speed) as good things. Some will find the prat very unnatural and a turn off. Extreme isolation is good for places where you are safe and want to block out noise. But many have been severally injured or killed from such isolation so YMWV.

Though most balanced armatures seem to have better overall clarity than dynamic drivers(with the exception of a few). 

Mar 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #139 of 169

Quote:
Great, should change the way I think about drivers then.
Do you guys think I will need third party tips for Turbine Pro Golds in order to get the best bass response or the Monster supertips are good enough?

I use the foam supertips for the gym and think it's excellent. In fact I plan to use those medium black foam supertips for every IEM see'ing as how they're perfect for me.

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #140 of 169
There's also the Fischer Audio Eterna, but it has a very peculiar sound footprint. It definitely handles the low end very well and the low midrange. Where it lacks a little is in the high frequency, but it easily falls within your price range.

If I were you, I'd bite the bullet and pay a little more for a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Golds or Coppers ... I wanted more bass myself, and these handle the full range surprisingly well for an IEM that's in the $200 range (although you can get a pair used for under that here sometimes).

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #141 of 169
I wonder if ZMeshign has received his SHE3580 and what he thinks of them
smily_headphones1.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 13, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #142 of 169
Sorry to intrude but

According to some of the comments here the ATH CKS77 and JVC FXT90 have very high clarity. How do they compare to the Brainwavz M4 in terms of clarity/highs?

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #147 of 169
CKM77s are more neutral and analytical sounding vs the bassier CKS77. and no they are not muddy in any way.  Clarity and detail=CKM77.  Balance and Bassy=CKS77. The CKS77 has a very good sound and while it don't have the detail of the CKM77 music is clean and balanced more so than anything on them and the bass is awesome with sub bass that is 2nd to none. I would say the CKS77 is more musical sounding while the CKM77 is more analytical..

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #148 of 169

Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha, no! Unfortunately, it has been dispatched from Hong Kong but it will arrive until next week (maximum time).
I am hoping that they don't sound bad for my tastes, atleast something that I can use for casual times... Considering the graph + review you came up with, I believe that they won't make me regret my decision atleast.

I am looking for a portable headphone equivalent to the Turbine Pro Golds sound sig at the moment, because I am not sure whether I am going to buy a headphone or an IEM.

Mar 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #149 of 169

Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

They arrived today and I have to say that I'm simply impressed by the sounds coming out of these tiny drivers. I would even say that I enjoy them as much as much SE215s!
Can't believe they are at this price.
The bass is even better than my SE215s... Can't complain of anything considering it's price, I think they perform well good for even higher price ranges. I also love their comfort, I prefer rubber to anything else. But that's just me! Just never expected something at this price to sound this good...

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #150 of 169
Glad you like them
biggrin.gif
I had a hunch you'd like them, what with your stated preference for strong bass and clear highs
etysmile.gif

Agree about comfort too--I like the tips they come with so much I put them on just about every other IEM I have / had, including the Etymotic ER-4P. (a de-cored comply tip served as a step-up adapter to make the 4P's tube wide enough to secure the Philips tips)  But I think they're silicone
wink.gif

The only thing you might not like so much about them right now is the cable memorizing its tangled state out of the box.  With regular use the cable breaks in and becomes straight and well behaved.  At that point these even start resembling respectable-looking hifi equipment, what with the classy minimalist driver shells and I-plug.
tongue_smile.gif
Someone suggested hanging them down straight from something like a nail in the wall could speed up the break in.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back