IEM that has clarity with the best bass?
Mar 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #48 of 169

Seriously, that sound signature you're looking for is extremely rare. You can't even find it easily in customs. 

Wow! Really?

I'm slightly confused now, so do you mind creating 2 lists and listing those IEMs in it please? One of the lists in order of clarity and the other in order of most impactful bass.

For example, bass:
FXT90 > MG7....
Then, clarity:
MG7 > FXT90 > C710...

Like that.

And my problem is I can't really EQ because I have the latest iPod Classic which I don't think there is a stable rockbox for yet as the stock firmware doesn't allow custom EQs.

Thanks

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #49 of 169
The Yamaha EPH-100 are $129 now on Amazon. I paid $149 for mine and don't regret one bit. I would have paid more actually. I ditched my Coppers, MG7 Atrios and  TF10 for the Yamaha when I listen to then via my iPhone4. I am waiting for my Mile Davis Tribute to arrive on Tuesday but I think I may actually keep the Yamaha instead of the Mile Davis due to reviews mentioning that I may like the Mile Davis less than my Coppers for Metal and fast music. The isolation the EPH-100 is the best I have ever experienced of those other earphones I just mentioned. I like how clear each instrument is presented and the clarity is superb. Perhaps the MG7 Atrios are a little better on the sub bass but not by much but you will have to wait till after 40 hours of burn in for the glorious bass to really get low.
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-EPH-100SL-Inner-Ear-Headphone/dp/B00591GIMY

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #51 of 169

Quote:
You can buy a clarity IEM and use 60Hz bass-boost on your player.

Actually i'm kind of considering to get a pair of the EPH-100s, as there are many positive reviews about them. How do they sound straight out of the latest iPod classic?
Can you please also list the ones I talked about in my last post in order of clarity?

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #52 of 169

Quote:

Wow! Really?

I'm slightly confused now, so do you mind creating 2 lists and listing those IEMs in it please? One of the lists in order of clarity and the other in order of most impactful bass.

For example, bass:
FXT90 > MG7....
Then, clarity:
MG7 > FXT90 > C710...

Like that.

And my problem is I can't really EQ because I have the latest iPod Classic which I don't think there is a stable rockbox for yet as the stock firmware doesn't allow custom EQs.

Thanks

Try using bass boost on the stock firmware. Not sure if it has it though, I know my iPod touch does. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #53 of 169
Not a lot of IEMs with those two properties. They usually increase the treble to make it seem more detailed, hence so many v and u shaped phones.

In any case, get the Atrios. Not the most detailed, but more than acceptable. And bass is on another level. Probably the best bass on IEMs.

Or you could buy some ER4s and buy a ZO to boost the bass.

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #54 of 169

Quote:
Actually i'm kind of considering to get a pair of the EPH-100s, as there are many positive reviews about them. How do they sound straight out of the latest iPod classic?
Can you please also list the ones I talked about in my last post in order of clarity?

You need an EQ to get the most bass out of the EPH-100. So I must warn you that the bass will be lacking unless you EQ. I have an iphone 4 and I use the EQU app and they sound so clear with exquisite bass. If I was just gonna use an ipod classic and wanted bass and had very limited eq option then I would purchase the MG7 Atrios because they come with the bass already without needing to eq and the sound signature the MG7 has doesn't benefit much from eq as it is a little closed in and does not change much.

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #55 of 169

Quote:
Try using bass boost on the stock firmware. Not sure if it has it though, I know my iPod touch does. 

There are some EQ presets by default on the classic of course, but most of them are useless. The bass booster is one useful ones and it does improve the bass indeed, but it ruins clarity... Atleast that's how it is with SE215s.

Quote:
Not a lot of IEMs with those two properties. They usually increase the treble to make it seem more detailed, hence so many v and u shaped phones.

In any case, get the Atrios. Not the most detailed, but more than acceptable. And bass is on another level. Probably the best bass on IEMs.

Or you could buy some ER4s and buy a ZO to boost the bass.

Is the bass on the Atrios very different to the bass you get with SE215s?
What do you guys say about the EPH-100 with an iPod classic?

Thanks alot

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #56 of 169
Get a player that can EQ properly.
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #58 of 169
I don't think you'd have any trouble trading the "latest generation" iPod classic for an older one that can be rockboxed
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #59 of 169

Quote:
I don't think you'd have any trouble trading the "latest generation" iPod classic for an older one that can be rockboxed
tongue.gif

To be honest I prefer not to do that but even if I wanted to I don't think anyone that anyone has one of the older ones that is in new condition like mine because it's not much time since I bought this  so it's in a perfect new condition :-s Also at this price I couldn't get more than 8-32(with MicroSD)GB of storage with most/all players which is not really enough for me.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #60 of 169

Quote:
There are some EQ presets by default on the classic of course, but most of them are useless. The bass booster is one useful ones and it does improve the bass indeed, but it ruins clarity... Atleast that's how it is with SE215s.

The presets are useless for me also on my Yamahas on the iPhone4 Only way I can get the sound just right with enough bass and clarity is with the EQU App.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back