IEM that has clarity with the best bass?
Mar 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #17 of 169
Mar 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #19 of 169
I would recommend 3 IEM's all around your budget.

Monster Turbine Pro Golds - Great bass but quality control and durability is an issue. - They retail for alot but you can definitely find'em for around $100-150 

Monster Miles Davis Tribute - Heard great things about this one and if you look at the IEM deals thread, you can get'em for $130 right now which is an insane price.

Atrios MG7 - I think as far as bass goes this is the undefeated champion and am surprised nobody mentioned it yet. Also a deal going on for like $110 shipped.

Monster has serious issues with durability but that is a luck of the draw due to their poor quality control. To add, their customer service isn't bad but it isn't good either.

I have a pair of Brainwavz M2's and they are wonderful. My only gripe is that the bass fell short of my expectations. They have a great soundstage and are truely awesome for their price though. The bass is short and quick on these but I am a person that loves really strong, low, booming and it all needs to be crystal clear bass.

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #20 of 169

Quote:
I would recommend 3 IEM's all around your budget.

Monster Turbine Pro Golds - Great bass but quality control and durability is an issue. - They retail for alot but you can definitely find'em for around $100-150 

Monster Miles Davis Tribute - Heard great things about this one and if you look at the IEM deals thread, you can get'em for $130 right now which is an insane price.

Atrios MG7 - I think as far as bass goes this is the undefeated champion and am surprised nobody mentioned it yet. Also a deal going on for like $110 shipped.

Monster has serious issues with durability but that is a luck of the draw due to their poor quality control. To add, their customer service isn't bad but it isn't good either.

I have a pair of Brainwavz M2's and they are wonderful. My only gripe is that the bass fell short of my expectations. They have a great soundstage and are truely awesome for their price though. The bass is short and quick on these but I am a person that loves really strong, low, booming and it all needs to be crystal clear bass.

The MG7s don't seem to bad. But how the TF10s and XBA3s compare to them as they are multiple driver armature instead of single dynamic? Don't they beat them in terms of clarity and many other things?
Also, what about in comparison to another single dynamic like Shure SE215s? If I come from the SE215s, will the clarity/bass be alot different?

Quote:

Oh thanks. I was looking for UK sellers, but seems it's only sold from international vendors.

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #23 of 169
I would consider the Aurisonics ASG-1 (lots of bass and wonderful clarity and detail)...

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #26 of 169
Oh okay...you're right. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #28 of 169

Quote:

Try contacting a Sonystyle near you or sony.co.uk.

I haven't heard the XBA-3 since my Sonystyle doesn't have it yet, I'd like to see if XBA-3 or XBA-4 is better.

Apparently I have tried both the XBA-3s and 4s, and I prefer the 3s. Though on a whole scale I don't quite like both of them. Both of them sound cold, dark and analytical. The 3s however has more warmth than the 4s which is a nice touch but the 4s have better detail. Both have fairly wide soundstage. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #29 of 169

Quote:
Hello,

I am basically looking for an isolating IEM in the price range of Etymotics HF5/Shure SE215s. Things that are important are clarity and detail in the sound, with having the deepest bass possible, preferably with a wide soundstage.
One thing that I would like to note is that I want them to be wearable straight-down.

Can you think of any IEM that can match my taste?

Thanks

To be honest, that is a really hard IEM sound to find at such a low price.Since clarity and bass together are pretty hard to find. But I guess the SE215s are pretty close. HF5s have clean bass. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #30 of 169

Quote:
The older CKS50, CKS70, CKS90s didn't win over too many fans. There is nothing low quality on these newer CKS77s. Keep an eye out on the CKM50 thread there will be more guys that are going to get these. I love how these sound I was immediately impressed by their clarity and detail yet throwing up a sub woofer like bass end. Completely immersive sound.

Though I did actually used to own the CKM55, which in my opinion are very good for the price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back