IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Apr 9, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #2,072 of 2,094
My ranking for metal, technical death metal , brutal , black , death , trash , powet , deathcore:
1 - Symphonium Crimson
2 - sennheiser ie900
3 - u12t grey apex
4- Aur Neon Pro
5- symphonium meteor
6- Fiio Fh9 (meshuggah works top1 here)

My fav bands : DEATH , Iron Maiden, Obscura , Meshuggah, Cannibal Corpse , Necrophagist , Lorna Shore , Angelmaker , COB, Lamb of God , Spawn of possession,Nile, Archspire , Alkaloid , The Zenith Passage , Slipknot.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #2,074 of 2,094
I have Doscinco, with some brighter cable, which would be quite good for metal muisc.
Great! I jumped into the initial hype and bought one. I’ve heard the bass is quite big, can they keep up with the speed ? Also is the treble polite or energetic ?

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #2,076 of 2,094
Thanks dudes <3
If I get it right, Most people don't like Variations here =)

FH9 is an interesting option. It's at a similar price.

1. What about Mangird TOP for the same music?

2. And tell me some dac about $ 100

Thank you so much for your help!

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #2,080 of 2,094
Hi!

I want to buy an IEM from the 350$ price range.

I've seen Aful Performer 8.

I listen principally thrash metal, speed-heavy and punk.
I'm really liking the Aful Performer 8. Not the most amount of bass, but very detailed and I like the soundstage.
I listen mostly to bands like Opeth, Lorna Shore, In Flames, Avatar, Meshuggah.

Then again, I dont have lots of experience with other IEM's. My previous was Westone UM2-RC

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #2,081 of 2,094
I'm really liking the Aful Performer 8. Not the most amount of bass, but very detailed and I like the soundstage.
I listen mostly to bands like Opeth, Lorna Shore, In Flames, Avatar, Meshuggah.

Then again, I dont have lots of experience with other IEM's. My previous was Westone UM2-RC

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for exactly that, something that provides details, soundstage. I'm more of a neutral-sounding Iems person (Truthear Hexa).
I have the Truthear Shio Dac, so it will give it a warmer profile in the final sound.

Apr 12, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #2,082 of 2,094
Guys, in your opinion : best cost-no-objects IEM for metal (power and symphonic : Nightwish, Kamelot, Evergrey, Orden Ogan, Rhapsody of Fire, etc.);
Raven, Crimson, Perpetua, Fei Wan, Storm, Aura, Xenon 6, Annihilators 23, trifecta...? What do you think? So far, I'm leaning towards the Ravens but the newly anounced Novus could be even better ;p
The chosen IEMs would be paired with either a SE300 or a Hugo2 with my phone, haven't quite decided yet, and similarly, if you guys have a take on which solution would be best, I'm all ears :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #2,083 of 2,094
Guys, in your opinion : best cost-no-objects IEM for metal (power and symphonic : Nightwish, Kamelot, Evergrey, Orden Ogan, Rhapsody of Fire, etc.);
Raven, Crimson, Perpetua, Fei Wan, Storm, Aura, Xenon 6, Annihilators 23, trifecta...? What do you think? So far, I'm leaning towards the Ravens but the newly anounced Novus could be even better ;p
The chosen IEMs would be paired with either a SE300 or a Hugo2 with my phone, haven't quite decided yet, and similarly, if you guys have a take on which solution would be best, I'm all ears :wink:
I’d also add in Customart F7U in there. It’s fun sortta W shaped iem, quite punchy for an all BA set, Treble is smoother but airy and detailed. Many bands like Behemoth, Gojira, Emperor, Leprous..use Customart iem’s. They are a relatively small brand out of Poland. The owner is a metalhead himself so he sure knows how to tune iem’s. I am listening to Khemmis - Ash, Cinder, Smoke as I type, kick drums feel like an punch in the gut and guitars sound thick and grainy, cymbals are spread across but takes a step back and well extended. Dave Otero’s mixing shines on the F7U. It just sounds incredible! I am using a CIEM version so that sure makes all the difference.

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #2,084 of 2,094
Thanks dudes <3
If I get it right, Most people don't like Variations here =)

FH9 is an interesting option. It's at a similar price.

1. What about Mangird TOP for the same music?

2. And tell me some dac about $ 100

Thank you so much for your help!
I have a manguird top and on some tracks it has exaggerated high frequencies. I removed them by replacing the cable and it was much better. But that's an extra $70.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #2,085 of 2,094
I own the Hidizs MP145 since 2 months and I have to say that's a very good iem for metal and not expensive (~170 Euro). It's a big one so not for small ears. You can leave it stock, also very nice with a big soundstage, detailed (planar), quick punchy bass and minimum planar timbre (compared to Shuoer S12), not fatiguing. Doesn't need a lot of power but it's a planar so better with a (mobile)dac like Qudelix, IBasso DC04 pro or something like that.

For the price it's a steal imo and one of the better iems I own, best price/performance-wise.First it sounded a little soft and I used more eq (always play around with EQ with every iem and headphone) , but was getting better over time and doesn't really need it anymore.
(If you want you can use hshelf 40 Hz -2.5db Q 0.71 for faster metal).
Akros made a long review about it on YouTube when you are interested...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back