iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More Soundstage and More Detail
Feb 23, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #526 of 658

I am hoping to get a loan of an iCAN Pro for a listen following on from the launch at the Bristol Hi Fi show this weekend coming. I can't make it as I haven't got an up to date visa for England.:beyersmile:

I will keep you posted if it happens of course...........  

That looks good. let me know how goes and best of luck from me .Cheers:wink_face:

Strangely enough, the Pro series has its own thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702376/ifi-audio-pro-desktop-line-discussion-thread

As far as we know, it will still be at Bristol.

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #527 of 658
Strangely enough, the Pro series has its own thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702376/ifi-audio-pro-desktop-line-discussion-thread

As far as we know, it will still be at Bristol.

Hey  man. Thanks. So you can too try it. Bloody expensive right now for me to even think of it haha

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #529 of 658
I am please to announce that I have ordered the Hd-800. I will try it out time being with my iCan Micro. Perhaps later on I shall upgrade it because of budget constraints as of now.

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #530 of 658
I know this has been covered..but I cant sem to find the posts.

Stacking the ican to the idsd...should I go rca or I 3.5.mm just as good for such a short distance?

In my town there is nothing good for cables. And I cant find those little short 3" cables i've seen in some pictures here. Right now im using the purple rca cables that came with the ids...kind of looped up and awkward

Can anyone send me a link to where I can get a quality little cable so my stack looks sweet and practical?

Thanks in advance for anyone responses

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #531 of 658

Stacking the ican to the idsd...should I go rca or I 3.5.mm just as good for such a short distance?

In my town there is nothing good for cables. And I cant find those little short 3" cables i've seen in some pictures here. Right now im using the purple rca cables that came with the ids...kind of looped up and awkward

Can anyone send me a link to where I can get a quality little cable so my stack looks sweet and practical?

The Schiit Pyst cable is very good. you can get it here..  Its for 20$

http://schiit.com/products/pyst-cables

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #532 of 658

I use these from guent audio

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #533 of 658
I have had  the iCan SE for 4 weeks now and wondered why I just didn´t like the sound. Today the iPower stopped working - completely dead. To see what happened I connected a 9V LPS to the iCan and voila it sounds like a dream. The iPower must have been defective from the beginning in some way - even if it could power up the iCan.
Are there people out there who have the same problem? It has been so quiet in this thread.

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #534 of 658
Nope, can't tell about micro iCAN SE, but I own the micro iCAN v2 with the old ultra low noise AC/DC adapter from iFi which works since 2 years without any issue. A unit can always become defect, contact iFi or your reseller, that can use the warranty and all will be good with replacement / repaired unit.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #535 of 658
My SE power adapter died within three days! Got a replacement. It works well so far.
SE is slightly bright sounding in upper middle registers to me.

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #536 of 658
@kaushama

Could you please run a RMAA test to verify? I never seen any iFi device which not has a ruler flat output (I RMAA'd all my iFi gear incl. nano iCAN, nano iDSD, micro iDSD @ set at Standard digital filter and micro iCAN v2 all flat linear output, would be interessting to see what happen with your unit.

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #537 of 658
My SE power adapter died within three days! Got a replacement. It works well so far.
SE is slightly bright sounding in upper middle registers to me.

Besides the last suggestion, it might also be due to what u were used to. Coming from a Taurus MK2 I find the SE smoother and sweeter. So depends on your reference point. Plus if it's new it needs time to tame down.

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #538 of 658
There is a slight brightness in comparison to iCAN V2 I have. V2 is well burnt. I think it will settle down with burning.

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #539 of 658
There is a slight brightness in comparison to iCAN V2 I have. V2 is well burnt. I think it will settle down with burning.

Mine improved quite a bit after 3 weeks of use. And sounded much meatier after I paired it with the iTube which I see you also have. Give that a try. I personally found it quite a rich sounding combo.

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #540 of 658

See here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/654405/ican-amp-review-a-new-amp-that-gives-you-more-more-bass-more-soundstage-and-more-detail/480#post_12317897

Yes it was 400 hours before a brand new micro iCAN SE caught up with a well used micro iCAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back