iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More Soundstage and More Detail
Feb 20, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #512 of 658
My mistake it's only a £20 difference so an even bigger bargain!!!!!

Thanks. Now I can try to discuss with the  retailer.

Feb 20, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #514 of 658
Originally Posted by ****zu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you give me more inputs on sound , clarity, what settings on I can you prefer etc. I intend to buy the HD 800 soon and already have the iCan for the time being which I shall upgraded to Burson at a later stage. So your thoughts impression any info on HD9800 with iCan will be most appreciable . Thanks

Bursin and hd800 is a really very clinical solid-state sound. i think you should try first. the treble can take your head off.

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #515 of 658

Bursin and hd800 is a really very clinical solid-state sound. i think you should try first. the treble can take your head off.

Do you have another amp in mind  which will suite the Hd 800- well.  How is the ifi itube, in combo with the idsd and the ican stack. Many say tube amps will suit the hd 800.
Of course currently I intend to buy the itube for my existing iCan. I have made up my mind to buy the Hd 800 butb  a good amp for it will be my next target of approach 

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #516 of 658
The other amp I use with my HD800 is the Auralic Taurus mk2 which works well. Bear in mind that ifi Audio launch their iCAN Pro in the next week or so which will offer a choice of valve or transistor amplification and could be very special. I haven't heard it yet but if the iCAN SE has some of its DNA then it could be very special...

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #517 of 658
I can only recommend the micro iCAN v2 for the Sennheiser HD 800 with enabled crossfeed (highest level 3) pure classical music love <3

I'm using the micro iDSD (crossfeed level 2) as portable setup for the HD 800 it's the almost the same SQ as my local setup.

You can't do anything wrong with the iFi gear for the HD 800 no harsh treble at all.

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #518 of 658
The other amp I use with my HD800 is the Auralic Taurus mk2 which works well. Bear in mind that ifi Audio launch their iCAN Pro in the next week or so which will offer a choice of valve or transistor amplification and could be very special. I haven't heard it yet but if the iCAN SE has some of its DNA then it could be very special...

Thanks. I will check on the iCan Pro too. One of my friends has the amp you mentioned Auralic Taurus mk2. I shall meet him and check it out.

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #519 of 658
  I can only recommend the micro iCAN v2 for the Sennheiser HD 800 with enabled crossfeed (highest level 3) pure classical music love <3

I'm using the micro iDSD (crossfeed level 2) as portable setup for the HD 800 it's the almost the same SQ as my local setup.

You can't do anything wrong with the iFi gear for the HD 800 no harsh treble at all.

Your setup looks very impressive.
wink_face.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #522 of 658

Ifi intends to launch the PRO which is around $1500 and can drive any Headphones out there. IT is a hybrid with balance ports and various other connections.

Dadracer if you get to audit it let me know how it goes. Many people use Auralic Tauraus Mk2 with the HD800. It is quite popular too.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #523 of 658
would say tube amp needed to tame the high treble of the hd800. some try cables, some try a tube amp. you need to try youeself. dont follow blind.

I get your point. I shall surely do my investigation before throwing in huge money.
wink_face.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #524 of 658
Dadracer if you get to audit it let me know how it goes. Many people use Auralic Tauraus Mk2 with the HD800. It is quite popular too.

I am hoping to get a loan of an iCAN Pro for a listen following on from the launch at the Bristol Hi Fi show this weekend coming. I can't make it as I haven't got an up to date visa for England.
beyersmile.png

I will keep you posted if it happens of course...........  

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #525 of 658
  I am hoping to get a loan of an iCAN Pro for a listen following on from the launch at the Bristol Hi Fi show this weekend coming. I can't make it as I haven't got an up to date visa for England.
beyersmile.png

I will keep you posted if it happens of course...........  

That looks good. let me know how goes and best of luck from me .Cheers
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back