IC: Fall New York City Area Meet
Sep 19, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #31 of 68
I am interested as always.

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #32 of 68
I would be interested depending on date and also if someone in Queens would be kind enough to give me a ride :p

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #35 of 68

Quote:
please bring your magnum, i'd like to try that one out.

As much as I would like to I will not have access to them for 3 months or so. They are currently out on loan to a few head-fi members. I only have my DT880 and T50RP and whatever other headphones I buy in the meantime..

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #36 of 68
I very much enjoyed the NJ meet. If the date is right, I am definitely in for another meet.

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #37 of 68
well there are certainly plenty of interested parties, but do is there actually someone who is willing to shoulder the responsibilities of organizing a meet so that it actually happens?

Sep 21, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #38 of 68
People interested in a meet is one thing. To where or how far they are willing to travel is another. Not to mention the specific date (TBD).

The Northeast contingent is fairly widespread, with members hailing from several states: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, NYC (5 burroughs), NY state (Westchester & points north), Connecticut, Massachusetts, & New Hampshire (not sure if we have people from Rhode Island, Vermont or Maine these days).

So the question becomes, if the meet is not happening in the previous locations (White Plains or Queens), how far are people willing to travel for this meet? For example, I can drive within CT or to Westchester/White Plains areas, or take a train/subway to anywhere in NY city.

Also, as of now my dates are limited to Nov 5th or 12th.

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #44 of 68
Seems like we have enough interested parties for this to be a go.  Nobody has offered to help out with organizing so I will probably end up laying the groundwork but can use help getting things organized beyond securing the venue, especially reaching out to vendors.  This means we'll probably be back at the Crowne Plaza or someplace in the general vicinity.  Crowne Plaza is easy because it's a known entity.  I also know of a couple other hotels in the area that could work.  November 12 is the target date.  I'll put those details in the first post.

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #45 of 68
I'm fairly interested in how this thing works, do we usually pay for a room somewhere to have the event or how does that all work? how would people feel about a conference center in Midtown NYC? Also, how much space is usually needed for everything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back