Ibasso DX80
Jan 20, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #1,111 of 1,208
Was looking at the Onkyo DP-X1 and Fiio X7.  I went through Foobar and put all of my music (excluding the stuff that only my wife likes) in a playlist.  388gb (all flac, mostly 16bit ripped from my CD collection).  I will do some trimming, but not 188gb worth.  :)  So it was down to the Onkyo...I wanted streaming on the device...but I have a trip coming up and between the price, the time ordering from Japan, potential build quality issues with early units, etc. I just can't do it.  So I ordered my DX80 and the Dignis case today.  :D  It will be my first portable DAP outside the iPod classic.  Looking forward to having a real line out port for the car as well.

I have 2x200gb cards and I'm psyched to hear people using those and 2x other large cards without major issues.

I have a card reader, so I was planning to copy my files to the cards before the player gets here.  My question is - is there a folder structure the player likes?  It sounded like some other players wanted files in the /Music/* folder, but looking in this thread it doesn't sound like the DX80 cares. I have all my stuff in folders by album so I'm guessing the way to go is just dump them all in the root of the cards...sound good?

I would also like to add my vote to have the player start supporting the "album artist" tag.  Its the "most correct" way to deal with compilations.  Even if it was just a switch in the settings to use album artist or track artist under the artist menu, that would be amazing.  I have enough compilations that I might even need to swap the album artist and track artist fields if the player doesn't eventually support it, it just gets too crazy trying to find stuff on portable players otherwise.  Not the end of the world, but supporting the tag would be better!

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,112 of 1,208
Hi, the player doesn't care on structure. Mine are all in album artist/album directories. I have artist albums on one card and compilations on another. I formatted the cards as exFAT and recopied the music from computer for the player. It worked without a hitch.

If you rip and store in directories as I mention above using the album artist tag finding compilations is very easy - just look in the various artists folder. Putting them on the second card makes it even easier without any changes to tags. My indidivual music files use the artist tag in the file name, so finding a track on a compilation is also easy. I hope that helps.

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #1,113 of 1,208
Hello sorry for my english but it's all translated with google my name and Ciro are new on this forum, I purchased a iBasso DX80, the sound is rich and broad but detailed ...
They give a lot of discomfort the mid-high frequencies. fw 1.1.4 and 1.2.1 fw no improvement has always bothered me if I raise the sound volume,
I did burn-in with cable burn-in for more than 100 hours but no sound is more strident as ever in your opinion?
THE EQ is strange if the inactive c is an increase in volume is not normal, as you've set the EQ?
Thank you.

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,115 of 1,208
New firmware 1.3.0 is out at the ibasso site - lots of us are upgrading now.

It has:
 - improved SXDC card support
 - a software based lock screen
 - EQ function is fixed
 - changes to fonts on some screens to make them easier to read
 - responsive interface, feels very good

Thanks
Mark

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #1,116 of 1,208
I have a problem downloading from Ibasso's site, the download starts and then after downloading about 3 mb or so the download finishes prematurely. So I get a 3 mb zip file...
confused_face.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,117 of 1,208
I have a problem downloading from Ibasso's site, the download starts and then after downloading about 3 mb or so the download finishes prematurely. So I get a 3 mb zip file... :confused_face:  

Sorry bud, I would recommend trying a different Web Browser. If you use Chrome, try Firefox, if you use Firefox, try Safari, if you use Windows try Edge.. You get the point.. Lol

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #1,119 of 1,208

You are doing the right thing if it isnt working for you. Thanks for pointing out the EQ issues.

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #1,121 of 1,208
  anyone else has a problem that sometimes dx80 won't open even at full charge? I have to connect it again to a charger so that it will open and the battery is still full. 
blink.gif

I hold down the power button until it opens. I have experienced this a few times and just hold down the power button. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #1,122 of 1,208
 anyone else has a problem that sometimes dx80 won't open even at full charge? I have to connect it again to a charger so that it will open and the battery is still full. 
blink.gif

I hold down the power button until it opens. I have experienced this a few times and just hold down the power button. 
yes i hold down the power button. Even after 5 seconds, no go. Im bringing it back to my dealer later.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #1,125 of 1,208
i just want back to my dx90....I have been considering a Sony dap

Nothing wrong with the DX90.. The ES9018 is a fantastic chipset, especially Dualled out like it is on the 90.. Makes for a more natural tone vs the livelier slightly more analytical CS4398 that is in the DX80.. I would recommend the DX90 over a Sony Dap. Especially the prices for the DX90 on Amazon vs Sony players.

Have you ever considered the Astell & Kern Jr?? It sounds fantastic, but a lot warmer, yet a lot of details, in a very cohesive sound stage. Get a Gently used one for $371 on Amazon.. Just a couple recommendations. Not sure how much space you need for your library, but it has 64g built in and a single sdcard for additional storage. Might be fitting for you. It pairs up PERFECTLY with the Fiio E12A.

As always.. Just trying to put out options that may be helpful.

Happy listening everyone. :beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back