iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #11,387 of 13,503
Quote:
I guess the x.x.7 fw theory still stands?
smily_headphones1.gif
lol

but seriously, hopefully, it's just an isolated case
smily_headphones1.gif

how's the overall performance? UI improvements, media scanning etc
smily_headphones1.gif

Everything else seems tip top so far... I'll keep you guys posted. 

I won't be comparing the sound, as I was on 1.2.7 and using an external amp. I'm listening straight from the DX100 now.

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #11,388 of 13,503
Quote:
It turns off when it's done, so just turn it on again. It'll take some time to get ready the first time you turn it on after an update. 
smile.gif

Quote:
How long does the new firmware take to install?  I started the process, some info regarding the update was displayed and shortly after the screen went dark and it gave the haptic buzz like when it shuts down.  It's plugged into the charger but the screen is dark.  How can I know that the update is done?

Also good practice to do a factory reset after that initial post-firmware install boot!

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #11,390 of 13,503
Quote:

Never sold it. Wanted to but just couldn't be bothered. And it still works well. I've got a Tera Player too and will add my thoughts comparing the two later. However let's just say preliminary findings is that the TP isn't an outright win as previous sentiments conveyed here. They both hold their ground well.

Tera Player sucks in measurments and has almost zero bass in the graphics (the bass that you hear there is smth that comes after the bass - garmonics) and lacks tremble. Here are the graphics measured by Mycroft shop in Moscow http://www.forum.mycroft.su/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=3635

That is why I will never compare Terra with DX100. Also Tera lacks Gain.

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #11,391 of 13,503
there was a very funny story (as an experement) with Tera player in Russia, organized by Mycroft when people heard things, that were not there. Our mind is preaty much used to draw details that we want to hear. If we hear garmonics and distortion, we some times think it is smth else - natural detail sound for 850 dollar 
biggrin.gif
. But the measurements for some reason do not correspond to graphics on Altman website.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #11,396 of 13,503
Quote:
It turns off when it's done, so just turn it on again. It'll take some time to get ready the first time you turn it on after an update. 
smile.gif

Quote:

Also good practice to do a factory reset after that initial post-firmware install boot!

Thanks for the tips!

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #11,398 of 13,503
Quote:
I'm having an issue, I forgot the pattern lock, so it's not letting me do a factory reset, the little reset button didn't help.

1) Press the little reset button to turn it fully off. 
2) Hold down the Power button as well as the Volume Up button
3) You'll be greeted by a little green Android and a warning sign, release the buttons
4) Now press the Power button and the Volume Up button again
5) You'll now enter the Recovery menu, blue text on a black background
6) Using the volume keys, navigate to "Wipe data/Factory Reset", press Power to select. This will not wipe your music files.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #11,399 of 13,503
Quote:
1) Press the little reset button to turn it fully off. 
2) Hold down the Power button as well as the Volume Up button
3) You'll be greeted by a little green Android and a warning sign, release the buttons
4) Now press the Power button and the Volume Up button again
5) You'll now enter the Recovery menu, blue text on a black background
6) Using the volume keys, navigate to "Wipe data/Factory Reset", press Power to select. This will not wipe your music files.

Thank you good sir 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back