iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #1,126 of 13,503
@spock76591: do take note that's not my review. I am merely translating it.

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #1,127 of 13,503
I allready have one on pre-order.
So that mean iBasso made only 370 of DX100?
That will be really limited.Hope the new firmware updates will allows the player to run longer then 7 h, and hope will be bug free.

Quote:
Pre-ordered. Curse you all. 
tongue.gif

In May in Tokyo lets all get together and battle off our portable rigs, if we can.

Regarding Micro-SD cards, they were likely designed for mobile phones, which, pre-iPhone, were getting smaller (or larger and thinner in Japan), but the camera resolutions were increasing. I haven't checked the specs, but it is very likely the format was only designed to address up to 32GB and there are not enough bits in the address space for larger sizes. So, like SD cards, they have to design a new format, which requires new hardware and software.

Ideally for me, I'd like an iPod classic with a 320GB solid state drive which supports up to 192/24 files so I can dump my entire music library on there without having to care about making sure I don't forget to sync new music or playlists. I might see if that WinAMP for Mac, which advertises that it works with Android, is any use with the DX100 for organising. Re-creating all my playlists would be a huge pain, though I can export them as M3U files.

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #1,128 of 13,503
When is dx100 coming out? ibasso website didnt state an exact time. Mid March?

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,129 of 13,503

Quote:
When is dx100 coming out? ibasso website didnt state an exact time. Mid March?

Mid March is the best information we have now.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #1,130 of 13,503

Quote:
Yea, I saw that review when it first came out a month ago. The author was comparing his marantz digital recorder with RCA out to the D6 and the DX100 and was saying that (according to his beliefs), because of the RCA line out it sounds better than the DX100. I disagree with that assessment. For some reasons, digital recorders like the Marantz and the Sony D-50 are highly esteemed in China. I have the D-50 and I don't think it sound as good as they made them out to be.

For some reason, the Taiwanese and Chinese folks are really liking the Sony M10 and D50 as DAPs.

Quote:
I allready have one on pre-order.
So that mean iBasso made only 370 of DX100?
That will be really limited.Hope the new firmware updates will allows the player to run longer then 7 h, and hope will be bug free.

Nope. They are making total of 350 units with 100 of them for sales within China. Unlikely the firmware update will make the battery run longer

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #1,131 of 13,503

They sound clean and clear, accentuating nothing. Value for money wise, they are great. Many say they sound better than iDevice plus DAC. Appropriately it suits the Taiwanese and Chinese as they don't require Metadata as their local music does support such details unless they are signed to a big (is it 3 now) record company so playing just WAV files suits them to a T. 

I heard one with a PICO and it sounds very nice, no complaints and definitely on a different level to say a Cowon. I never purchased one as I have all my files in FLAC and just cannot be bothered to change them over to WAV.

Quote:
For some reason, the Taiwanese and Chinese folks are really liking the Sony M10 and D50 as DAPs.

Nope. They are making total of 350 units with 100 of them for sales within China. Unlikely the firmware update will make the battery run longer

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #1,132 of 13,503

Quote:
Hmmm...how should I put it...at least to me the SR-009 (off the SRM-727) is tight but not necessarily deep. Good enough for me for classical, west coast jazz, some vocal jazz but I have to admit that if I were listening to say hip hop I have a preference for my Ed8 or M-80. That's my 2 yen worth anyway.

Hmmm...I will not say that when I listen to "King of Pop" Michael Jackson's songs or Beatles's Rock & Roll music that I'm going to use 2 yen worth earplug. Especially in a situation when someone loves Rock & Pop's and try to find a better way to listen, you responded to it with such kind of words.

In the Rock & Pop's industries, people are using very high end recording equipment to process the music. It is everyone's preference whether you like it or not. You just have to respect to different people's choice. Stax SR-009 was not built only for one person's preference.

If I said to you" I listen to my Rock & Pop's with Stax SR-009 and SRM-727 and I enjoyed it very much. But honestly, I don't like classic music and if I listen to those classic music which you like most, Hmmm...I just simply use my 2 yen earplug!"...............You probably won't like to here of it.

If I don't like people's skin color, I will never say it on his face.
If I don't like people's religion, I will never say it on his face.
If I don't agree with someone's political view of point, I will not argue with him in a public domain.
I owned a Mercedes Benz(300SEL) but I don't mind if people use the same model as a Taxi.

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #1,134 of 13,503

What i meant is that 40 units were allready sold, and they make another 350 now, 100 for China and 250 for international.And then the production will be stopped?
I think they build them one by one and test them.At this price i expect nothing but quality and a stable operation system just like IOS.

Quote:

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #1,135 of 13,503
It'd depend on demand. This second batch will be 350 units. The third batch will depend on the market demand.
Well, I'm not sure on building them one by one, since that will take forever, but I'm going to guess there will be extensive QC to ensure quality. 

Quote:
What i meant is that 40 units were allready sold, and they make another 350 now, 100 for China and 250 for international.And then the production will be stopped?
I think they build them one by one and test them.At this price i expect nothing but quality and a stable operation system just like IOS.

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #1,137 of 13,503
For the people that actually have the DX100 is there any sound quality gain in running it off a separate portable amp?

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #1,138 of 13,503
This has been answered previously. Scootermafia's review says amping his LCD3 with the O2 made a small difference, but when using the HD800, it was much better than the DX100's amp. Your answer: it depends on the headphones, but for most cans, no. This is based purely off reading the thread so you don't need to listen to me.

Quote:
For the people that actually have the DX100 is there any sound quality gain in running it off a separate portable amp?

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #1,139 of 13,503

Quote:
Probably, the one I read is in chinese too. But he said DX100 is really good but still doesn't match the quality of DAP+portable amp.

Read another erji.net member commented that the C4 + PB2 + DB2 stack sounds better than DX100 but didn't explain further in what way. Think that guy totally missed the point when he posted the comment - DX100 offers fantastic sound without all that bulk and cables. Of course, if you are using hard-to-drive full-sized headphone then amp may be necessary.

Quote:
I heard the the body is magnesium alloy and doesn't need to be painted becouse of the process is made, and no need to worry about the paint.Nobody can confirm more then 7 hours playback with the new firmware?I hope i will see at least 9.

Mine was updated with latest firmware and nope, battery life is still about 7 hours.

Feb 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #1,140 of 13,503
Lets see if this is the right question to ask. I'm more of an IEM guy, are there any other IEM guys with the DX100 who have found their IEM of choice doesn't mesh well with the DX100? I'm curious to hear if this DAP is picky what kind of IEM it gets paired with. Thus far from what I've read the JVC FX700 and the IE 80 seem to be in the positive. Does anyone else have some other information IEM wise they could add? Another question that's been nagging me thus far most people have confirmed battery life to be around 7 maybe 8 hours with cans. Has anyone tried running the DX100 from full charge to near drain with just IEM's to see if there's a noticeable difference in battery life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back