iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 25, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #10,141 of 13,503
Updated mine.
Popped out SD card first
Updated and then did Factory Reset
Put SD card back

A pretty painless process

Observations:
Definitely faster scanning new media.
Much faster navigation of folders\albums and moving between screens.
Listen to my music mainly via Folder\Album....occasionally via Playlist and then its on random
Not bothered about Gapless

Noticed EQ was Open - tested Open vs Closed - initially think I prefer Open....we'll see
The bass seems to extend much deeper and is more rumbling than before....really making my JH16 bass drivers work for their money
biggrin.gif

I too think that micro details seem to be more prominent and obvious.

Really happy with update....now if they can double the battery life and halve the size and weight....
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #10,142 of 13,503
Quote:
Yeah that could be a possible solution. Seems many have a bad habit of not doing a factory reset once they finish updating the player. If not you carry over other settings from the previous firmware and it can conflict....

im new to the ibasso, just updated from v1.2.7 and just did the factory reset. thanks so much to u and others for the advice. really ironed out a lot of the glitches i've encountered. thanks again guys. such a simple but often overlooked solution.:)

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #10,144 of 13,503
Quote:
There was something mentioned some time ago (maybe ask Sorensiim) regarding the DX100 constantly disconnecting if the modem is set to multiple channels or something like that. I forgot exactly what it was but by changing this setting to a lower setting on the modem resolved the issue.

My wifi connection was hilariously unstable at first, now wifi won't turn on at all and it has been that way for a while. If I could imagine living without my DX100 for a week or two or if I ever actually used wifi for anything, I would totally send it in for repair.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #10,145 of 13,503
Quote:
My wifi connection was hilariously unstable at first, now wifi won't turn on at all and it has been that way for a while. If I could imagine living without my DX100 for a week or two or if I ever actually used wifi for anything, I would totally send it in for repair.

So it is stable now...just stably dead.

Anyhow, with my WiFi I maintained stability only if there's channel locking - i.e. don't let it go auto-wild.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #10,146 of 13,503
Quote:

Response from Ibasso...

"The wifi signal on the DX100 isnt as good as cell phone.  But it isnt as weak we you mentioned. I just wondering did you disassemble the DX100? there is an antenna inside the DX100, it maybe misplaced."

Waiting for further instruction whether I could get a replacement..

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #10,147 of 13,503
Quote:

Response from Ibasso...

"The wifi signal on the DX100 isnt as good as cell phone.  But it isnt as weak we you mentioned. I just wondering did you disassemble the DX100? there is an antenna inside the DX100, it maybe misplaced."

Waiting for further instruction whether I could get a replacement..

From Post #5435, I believe the antenna is just a standard clip and the antenna itself just floats (not bolted). I wonder if the antenna touches other components :-

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #10,148 of 13,503
Quote:

From Post #5435, I believe the antenna is just a standard clip and the antenna itself just floats (not bolted). I wonder if the antenna touches other components :-

Unless you take it apart as much as in that picture, the antenna won't be touching anything. I opened mine to check on the antenna and while it's not exactly a dream hardware design, it won't do any harm. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #10,149 of 13,503
Its taped to the chassis.., or at least mine was

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #10,150 of 13,503
The WiFi, whether it works or not, is due to the Android firmware. My Daughter used to have a Sony Xperia phone with a similar dated Android firmware and she was never able to connect to the WiFi at home. I searched the internet on the model and it said, the router must be fixed and within 1-9 channels.

All newer Routers go up to 13 or more channels and like to stay above 9 and channel hop between 10,11,12 and 13. At least on my one it does. If you want a reliable WiFi connection with your DX100, just make sure you set the router to be fixed in one channel between 1-9.

Hope this helps............. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #10,151 of 13,503
Quote:
The WiFi, whether it works or not, is due to the Android firmware. My Daughter used to have a Sony Xperia phone with a similar dated Android firmware and she was never able to connect to the WiFi at home. I searched the internet on the model and it said, the router must be fixed and within 1-9 channels.

All newer Routers go up to 13 or more channels and like to stay above 9 and channel hop between 10,11,12 and 13. At least on my one it does. If you want a reliable WiFi connection with your DX100, just make sure you set the router to be fixed in one channel between 1-9.

Hope this helps............. 

Nope, can't agree with you on that one. Been on Android since 2.1 was hot and never in my life have I encountered a device with such abysmal wifi performance as the DX100. 
smile.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #10,152 of 13,503
A looooong while back we discussed using a 6.3 -> 3.5mm adapter with the DX100... My hunt for the perfect adapter is over! I present to you, the Sony PC-234S!

Not only is it super compact, it fits 100% perfectly with the Switchcraft 3.5mm plugs I use! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #10,153 of 13,503
I just use the 6.3 to 3.5mm adapter came with my W4

Btw, after reading so many "white mice" reports, I have finally upgraded to 1.3.5 and did a factory reset. Everything seems fine and smooth, no more painful experience  like previous updates. GJ ibasso and figgie 
size]

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #10,154 of 13,503
A looooong while back we discussed using a 6.3 -> 3.5mm adapter with the DX100... My hunt for the perfect adapter is over! I present to you, the Sony PC-234S!

Not only is it super compact, it fits 100% perfectly with the Switchcraft 3.5mm plugs I use! 
biggrin.gif

Why use a 6.3 adapter? To avoid deteriorating the 3.5? Because in terms of sound they are supposedly identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back