iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #9,722 of 13,503
Looking to replace\compliment my J3 > Headstage Arrow combo, I pulled the trigger on DX100. Based on as much reading of this thread and others, I look forward to experiencing nirvana. Excited and anticipating the new arrival.

So as I patiently wait getting my hands on this, I have some questions for those already initiated.

A good part of my collection 1000+ CDs have been converted to WMA. I also have over 200 Albums in FLAC format.
If I have both formats mixed on the DX100, will this create problems? Is it better to stay with one format for better performance? Does it matter?

I've read about tagging FLAC files here, Will the DX100 accept cover.jpg if using WMA file format.

Since I have some time, I could work on cataloging or reconfiguring my folder files to work in a manner the DX100 would best be compatible with.

Please give some guidance to speed up my learning curve on using the Android OS?

Thanx

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #9,723 of 13,503
> yes it will accept cover.jpg on flac, but im not sure on .wma files because i never used one.
> if you constantly use bbe for your j3, you might need time to get used to its sound. most cowon users who use bbe who tried a dx100 here in our country gets a frown on their face IME
> mixing file formats is not a problem when i had the dx100, although i was using wav/flac/m4a that time
> android os is easy to learn i dont think there is any need for tutorialor guide. just remember, on the dx100, there are two players, basic and advanced. touching the coverart from the basic player will get you to using the advanced player. there are no difference in sound between the two except that the advanced shows more info, more menus and all that.

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #9,724 of 13,503
I still love the sound from the J3 ( ...and yes I have colored the sound to a degree using BBE). My reasoning for moving towards the DX100 is the ability to play higher rez 24/96 and 24/192 music.

So, will I still have a frown, or will the sound-stage I hear be a reawakening of my senses?

I've been waiting for a portable player to come around that would fill the void, where no longer would this format/hi-rez stuff be relegated to home setups with tube amps and over sized DACs.

I hope its the latter
gs1000.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #9,725 of 13,503
Quote:
I still love the sound from the J3 ( ...and yes I have colored the sound to a degree using BBE). My reasoning for moving towards the DX100 is the ability to play higher rez 24/96 and 24/192 music.

So, will I still have a frown, or will the sound-stage I hear be a reawakening of my senses?

I've been waiting for a portable player to come around that would fill the void, where no longer would this format/hi-rez stuff be relegated to home setups with tube amps and over sized DACs.

I hope its the latter
gs1000.gif

lol the DX100 just crushes the cowon in every single way. I think his comments is if you are use to the coloration of the BBE you may not be wowed on first listen. You have to warm up to the sound and once you do you will see your cowon for the garbage it is :wink:. Sorry for being harsh but the Cowon is simply a trinket in comparison (sound quality-wise).

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #9,726 of 13,503
Well, then guess there's gonna be no buyer's remorse here!
........ Now, if only someone can translate an audio device with a same technological benchmarks suitable for the car ride, the world would be a better place :)

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #9,727 of 13,503
Can someone tell me what the difference is between microSDXC 64gb class 10 and microSDXC 64gb class 6 ?
I read here class 6 is fastest. Or did the class 10 flash card just come out?
Which card are you using?

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #9,728 of 13,503
Quote:
Can someone tell me what the difference is between microSDXC 64gb class 10 and microSDXC 64gb class 6 ?
I read here class 6 is fastest. Or did the class 10 flash card just come out?
Which card are you using?

Both will be read @ the same speed, class 10 will be about 10m/s write, and  about 5.2/s for the class6, in my tests.....

take note that the format of the card (exfat,ntfs,fat32,fat...) will also contribute in writing and reading speed.

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #9,730 of 13,503
Quote:
lol the DX100 just crushes the cowon in every single way. I think his comments is if you are use to the coloration of the BBE you may not be wowed on first listen. You have to warm up to the sound and once you do you will see your cowon for the garbage it is :wink:. Sorry for being harsh but the Cowon is simply a trinket in comparison (sound quality-wise).

yep this is what i mean, because im bad in english *points to my sig*

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #9,731 of 13,503
Sorry to bud in here a tad off topic

But ive spent more than a few days trying to figure out why i cant
add my post in for sale section

Have i not been a member long enough , or dont i have enough posts ?

Its taken a few months , but im secure enough now with my DX100 and SR71B
that im ready to sell my Cypherlabs algorhythmn solo and my King rex UD384

Probably under 20 hours on each , as in may i went on a family emergency
and im still here ,just recently my son brought them to me ,but being strapped
for cash i have to make choices ,i cant afford to keep it all

Cheers

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #9,732 of 13,503
Quote:
Sorry to bud in here a tad off topic

But ive spent more than a few days trying to figure out why i cant
add my post in for sale section

Have i not been a member long enough , or dont i have enough posts ?

Its taken a few months , but im secure enough now with my DX100 and SR71B
that im ready to sell my Cypherlabs algorhythmn solo and my King rex UD384

Probably under 20 hours on each , as in may i went on a family emergency
and im still here ,just recently my son brought them to me ,but being strapped
for cash i have to make choices ,i cant afford to keep it all

Cheers

? You should be able to list your items. I though you just had to have more than 15 posts? If you are having issues try contact Currawong and ask him to help you.

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #9,733 of 13,503
Quote:

I find the cowon to sound best completely flat no equalizer or bbe, with some of my headphones/IEMS. IMO I think the cowon is one of the most versatile daps out there because of it's equalizer. As for some IEM's like my westones ,i find that i need to use the equalizer for the amount of bass they produce. part of the reason i did not like my westone 3's with my hisound as much. Either way the ibasso will definately A-town stomp the Cowon. I can't wait for mine tomorrow :)

Dec 28, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #9,735 of 13,503
Hi lee730

Have you ever compared the DX100 to Sony's PCM D-50 on SQ?  If so, kindly share your observations.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back