iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #9,692 of 13,503
i'm afraid he was asking if you preferred to plug a headphone directly to the headphone out or to the line out ^_^

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #9,693 of 13,503
Quote:
i'm afraid he was asking if you preferred to plug a headphone directly to the headphone out or to the line out ^_^

hmm the line out sounds weird with my IEMs directly plugged in. Doesn't sound right so definitely through the HO. But I like using the LO with my T1 amp even better. :)

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #9,694 of 13,503
hmm the line out sounds weird with my IEMs directly plugged in. Doesn't sound right so definitely through the HO. But I like using the LO with my T1 amp even better. :)

When you say weird what do you mean? Can you describe the sound. Does it sound a touch warmer or?

I do genuinely want to know.

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #9,695 of 13,503
Doesn't sound balanced to my ears. Sounds off. The LO is not meant to be used anyways. The LO is suppose to be used with an amp. I wouldn't say warmer.  There is more transparency though through it but at the expense of balance. It is not worth using direct connect via the IEM IMO. But with my T1 amp even more transparency and balanced to boot compared to the 1/4 and 1/8 HOs. Plus you get and even bigger/wider sound stage, separation/imaging, etc. Not that the amp is a requirement at all but it takes it even further and I like getting the most out of my gear :). I'd have no issues at all using the DX100 as a single unit while out and about.

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #9,696 of 13,503
Im using the LO aswell instead of the HO so far for me its great. Its more transparent and somehow i hear more details and my music tends to be much more cleaner and refined. Well thats just me.

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #9,697 of 13,503
Doesn't sound balanced to my ears. Sounds off. The LO is not meant to be used anyways. The LO is suppose to be used with an amp. I wouldn't say warmer.  There is more transparency though through it but at the expense of balance. It is not worth using direct connect via the IEM IMO. But with my T1 amp even more transparency and balanced to boot compared to the 1/4 and 1/8 HOs. Plus you get and even bigger/wider sound stage, separation/imaging, etc. Not that the amp is a requirement at all but it takes it even further and I like getting the most out of my gear :). I'd have no issues at all using the DX100 as a single unit while out and about.

Interesting, I also don't believe in using a line out with IEM/headphone. (with CK4+anyway)

From my experience with CK4+ the line out actually did sound balanced over the headphone out though the entire sound from LO was slightly warmer, less transparent, less clarity. I was a little upset when I tested it before buying any amps. Though soon as I ran a test with even FiiO E5 using the LO the sound become exactly what it should, crystal clear, clean. Like the amp was needed to extract the signal properly. Just something I observed....

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #9,698 of 13,503
Well just to my ears it didn't sound natural at all so I prefer to use the HO isntead of a direct connect. Plus you have to turn the volume way up on the DX100 so you are draining the battery even faster to get proper volume from the LO.

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #9,699 of 13,503
Another little update on my non-working DX100(after a fall on kitchen floor).

It now sometimes powers up for a few seconds but when I move the player it loses power.
Emailed ibasso and I am sending it back on Thursday for repair, hopefully its just loose/broken connections and is a cheap and easy repair as oppose to broken chips etc.

Anybody got an idea on time scale for Ibasso repairing units and sending back?

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #9,700 of 13,503
Their turn-around is pretty quick. Had it back in the mail two days after receiving my unit which had charging problems. They replaced the power switch and the back cover.  Fairly responsive by e-mail as well.  Overall, great service.  Make sure you follow their directions (declaring as a sound card, etc.).  

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #9,701 of 13,503
I agree on their customer service. It is hard to beat. It did take me a while to get my replacement unit though (they didn't have units for a while I think after the first batch). But it appears they completely replaced my other unit with a newer one :).

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #9,702 of 13,503
Quote:
I agree on their customer service. It is hard to beat. It did take me a while to get my replacement unit though (they didn't have units for a while I think after the first batch). But it appears they completely replaced my other unit with a newer one :).

Yup ,tho i have never had to ship mine back ,i admit their response is top notch . Amongst the best .

Have to also mention Oppo may be the best ever , ive always got responses within minutes , even
if i email them in middle of the night

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #9,703 of 13,503
Quote:
Well just to my ears it didn't sound natural at all so I prefer to use the HO isntead of a direct connect. Plus you have to turn the volume way up on the DX100 so you are draining the battery even faster to get proper volume from the LO.

I thought that since the volume is done digitally it didn' affect battery life, am I wrong?

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #9,704 of 13,503
Quote:

I thought that since the volume is done digitally it didn' affect battery life, am I wrong?

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #9,705 of 13,503
Hi friends.

Has somebody compare the SQ between Flac and Wav files on the DX100?

Rozeqloud, The music in my DX100 comes from ripped cd's (with my laptop) and HD Tracks. Could I use an Oppo player to get a better SQ from the cd's and put it on the DX100?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back