iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #8,446 of 13,503
So? does it sound as good as 1.1.7? or better? From what you explained, lee, it still has like a slightly V shaped SQ, just with less extent than 1.2.3?

The fade in thing, is it really that difficult to fix it? I don't understand.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #8,447 of 13,503
Quote:
So? does it sound as good as 1.1.7? or better? From what you explained, lee, it still has like a slightly V shaped SQ, just with less extent than 1.2.3?

The fade in thing, is it really that difficult to fix it? I don't understand.

Can't really say V-shaped as mids are in no way taking a back seat. Yet bass does seem to have a little more quantity than before and reaches deeper. It also has more impact. I think I'm liking this sound as well.

Regarding the fade in. It's better than before  but still broken. I'm not sure what their excuse is. They just need to fix it and not make excuses. Same with alphabetization. These are very basic functions that any DAP should have. I sent them an email regarding this. I suggest you all do the same. If they fix those last two problems I'd be extremely happy with this unit and wouldn't plan on selling it.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #8,448 of 13,503
Quote:
No I mean from the top option on the player you can long press directory and it gives an option to "play all".

In an earlier email to iBasso, I asked them to add the same long press functionality when browsing by directory as available when browsing by album (i.e., play, add to playlist, etc.)  They said they would add it in the next firmware release.  That's what I was wondering about.  I organize my music in directories by artist and album.  I wanted to be able to browse by directory to an album and have the same long press functionality that exists when browsing by album.  I keep a LOT of music on my DX100 (I'm the one who uses the 128GB SDXC card with the adapter).  Browsing by album is way too cumbersome.  Browsing by directory, then having the same basic long press functionality should have been there from the start (IMHO).  Otherwise, why even bother to have the directory browse functionality in the player.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #8,450 of 13,503
Quote:
In an earlier email to iBasso, I asked them to add the same long press functionality when browsing by directory as available when browsing by album (i.e., play, add to playlist, etc.)  They said they would add it in the next firmware release.  That's what I was wondering about.  I organize my music in directories by artist and album.  I wanted to be able to browse by directory to an album and have the same long press functionality that exists when browsing by album.  I keep a LOT of music on my DX100 (I'm the one who uses the 128GB SDXC card with the adapter).  Browsing by album is way too cumbersome.  Browsing by directory, then having the same basic long press functionality should have been there from the start (IMHO).  Otherwise, why even bother to have the directory browse functionality in the player.

I agree with you. That is one major reason why I use playlists as it offers this ability plus its much more smoother than accessing your music via any other option on the DX100. To be honest its close to the smoothness you get on an ipod touch or iphone4. That's one reason why I use this method to access my music. It's basically flawless (besides the alphabetization which I expect them to fix period). Also after rooting it's even better and more minimalist (faster, more responsive).

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #8,451 of 13,503
I now own the DX100.  Could anyone provide an instruction on how to perform a firmware update?  I already downloaded the file.  What to do next?  Unzip and place the update.img in the root folder?

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #8,452 of 13,503
Quote:
I now own the DX100.  Could anyone provide an instruction on how to perform a firmware update?  I already downloaded the file.  What to do next?  Unzip and place the update.img in the root folder?

Yep just unzip the file then drag and drop into the internal storage of the DX100. Then eject the player and then unmount using the DX100 disconnect tab. It should prompt you to install the firmware. Make sure your unit has enough power to do the update or you risk bricking your unit. Or you could just leave it plugged in while updating to be safe.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #8,453 of 13,503
Quote:
ok, not sure how that is any different from a long press on All Music?  I'd love to see an option to play all from my SD only or Internal only, handy feature I reckon.

I agree with you, it's basically the same thing and dumb.... I still say playlists is where it's at. Once you got it all set up the way you want and back up your playlists its just a matter of adding as you go which is quite convenient.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #8,454 of 13,503
Lee...Thanks.  I forget to bring a microUSB to work, have to perform the update at home now.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #8,460 of 13,503
Quote:
I agree with you. That is one major reason why I use playlists as it offers this ability plus its much more smoother than accessing your music via any other option on the DX100. To be honest its close to the smoothness you get on an ipod touch or iphone4. That's one reason why I use this method to access my music. It's basically flawless (besides the alphabetization which I expect them to fix period). Also after rooting it's even better and more minimalist (faster, more responsive).

I just updated my player and there is no change (wrt my request).  Yes, using playlists would make operation smoother.  However, I don't want to have to manually create hundreds (or thousands) of playlists just to be able to easily get to what I want to listen to.  Up until now, I've not been really annoyed with iBasso because, despite the GUI issues it does music better than any other portable DAP currently available (again, MHO).  Now I'm really annoyed, especially because they committed to add this functionality, then ignored that commitment.

Hey iBasso - are you listening?  This is NOT how to build a good reputation.  If you commit to do something...do it.  If you had told me "no" or "maybe" or "soon", then not delivered I wouldn't have a gripe.  Reputation is everything.  I'm now looking for other portable alternatives.  When I find one with as good or better music quality, storage capacity, and ability to play hi-rez music as the DX100, I'll buy it and sell my DX100 (even if it costs me more).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back