iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #8,433 of 13,503
Quote:

I've never heard rooting the device will void the warranty. I'd assume if you brick the unit in the process that is a different matter. Titanium backup will back up all those processes so you can safely remove them (the ones that Sorensiim mentions in his tutorial). There was a minor mistake I noticed though in the tutorial. The launcher he had mentioned was differently named from the one I think he intended to mention. I was able to find it and I agree it is minimalist and better due to this.

redface.gif

...I finally got 'round to fixing that silly typo so I added a link to the Play Store as well.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #8,434 of 13,503
Quote:
Does using Titanium Backup do the same thing?
Rooting voids the warranty will using Titanium also, if you know?

Has anyone else heard there is going to be a new software update/release this week?

Titanium Backup requires that the device is rooted. Root = Administrator, so rooting the device just means you grant yourself administrator privileges. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #8,436 of 13,503
Quote:
I am not sure exactly what is going to be addressed, hopefully the things Lee wants and more. I can confirm that iBasso is intending to release an update.
Here is a C&P of the email I received 1.5 hours ago:

"[size=medium]Hi,[/size]
[size=medium] We are testing the firmware now. We still need to fix some minor errors. We will release it on Monday or Sunday.[/size]
[size=medium] Have a good weekend.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Sincerely[/size]
[size=medium] iBasso Audio"[/size]

oh boy

read that as... We still need to fix some minor errors we introduced when we fixed other items. I hope they regress test the firmware.nKeep your ears peeled regardless though. If the sound changes BUT the other items ahve ben addressed. It is easy to pull the music player from the new firmware and use it in any other firmware to include 1.1.7.

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #8,437 of 13,503
Quote:
If your DX100 is rooted there is absolutely no need for using a task killer. Install Titanium Backup and use it to freeze or uninstall everything you dont need. I've killed off the calendar, email, chinese keyboard etc. Why keep killing those apps on every startup when you can just as easily get rid of them for good?

I didnt want to risk or have the inclination to uninstall things without knowing the implications of doing so and then having to revert back with TB.
Advanced Task Killer allows you to set apps to be Autokilled at various intervals including when the screen goes off.

However, I didnt know that TB allows you to freeze apps\services from starting up in the first place....I'll have to investigate that (at some point lol)

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #8,439 of 13,503
Quote:
Looks like 1.2.7 is out :wink:. Let's see if they got it right, or not....

http://ibasso.com/en/download/index.asp

OK...let us know how you get on 
wink_face.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #8,441 of 13,503
Quote:
I am d/loading the new firmware too.........
bigsmile_face.gif

Looks like I'm gonna have to re-root after....
rolleyes.gif

Well sound seems to be fine with this update, there does appear to be more bass though.... It Seems to be punchier and goes deeper. Mids and treble don't seem to be overly emphasized or artificial like on 1.2.3.

They didn't fix the fade in. It is slightly improved but still the cut out of the beginning of each song (on manual switching) is still evident. Also playlists are still showing up in the order they are synced.

At least album art shows up without the audio being compromised. Hopefully they will still address the fade-in and alphabetization problems. Other than that I am quite happy.

I noticed when manually sliding the music bar across to the end of the song you get no fade in on the next track. Maybe ibasso can use that to implement proper gap-less. I'm not sure about alphabetization but that is a very basic function of any player and I expect that to be fixed.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #8,442 of 13,503
Quote:
Looks like I'm gonna have to re-root after....
rolleyes.gif

Well sound seems to be fine with this update, there does appear to be more bass though.... It Seems to be punchier and goes deeper. Mids and treble don't seem to be overly emphasized or artificial like on 1.2.3.

They didn't fix the fade in. It is slightly improved but still the cut out of the beginning of each song (on manual switching) is still evident. Also playlists are still showing up in the order they are synced.

At least album art shows up without the audio being compromised. Hopefully they will still address the fade-in and alphabetization problems. Other than that I am quite happy.

I noticed when manually sliding the music bar across to the end of the song you get no fade in on the next track. Maybe ibasso can use that to implement proper gap-less. I'm not sure about alphabetization but that is a very basic function of any player and I expect that to be fixed.

Did they add the long press functionality for directory browsing (like with browse by album)?

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #8,445 of 13,503
Quote:
just upgraded, if I select directory, then long press either sd card or Internal memory, the player does not offer me the play all option, no options in fact....your saying this works on yours?

No I mean from the top option on the player you can long press directory and it gives an option to "play all".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back