iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #5,671 of 13,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the feedback.  

Oh, don't tell me you're suffering from feedback, too, on your DX100, now?! 
blink.gif

wink.gif

On a serious note, have your Merlins seen any action with the DX100 yet?

May 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #5,672 of 13,503
Quote:

Oh, don't tell me you're suffering from feedback, too, on your DX100, now?! 
blink.gif

wink.gif

On a serious note, have your Merlins seen any action with the DX100 yet?

I use the Merlins the most on the DX.  Love the combo.  After the firmware update, I've been enjoying the Miracles with them more.  Either way, it's hard to beat the sound with either.  

I see you got the cable.  Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised soon.  

May 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #5,673 of 13,503
Quote:

When the DX100 goes to sleep, I don't hear much, but then a few minutes into sleep mode, I hear a brief hiss then I know it's in deep sleep.  After that, if I turn it back on, the pop is much more pronounced like when you turn it on and off.  The small pops and cracks when the player is on and going through the menus aren't that big of a deal.  I'll try the 1/4 plug trick.  Thanks for the feedback.  

Yeah. Never ever let it go to sleep when nothing is playing or else.

I always plug in my IEM after I started playing a track and then remove it the moment I stop my listening.

Those small pops and cracks aren't dealbreakers but are irritating nonetheless, something which I believe could be fixed by the firmware.

May 1, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #5,674 of 13,503
Quote:

Yeah. Never ever let it go to sleep when nothing is playing or else.

I always plug in my IEM after I started playing a track and then remove it the moment I stop my listening.

Those small pops and cracks aren't dealbreakers but are irritating nonetheless, something which I believe could be fixed by the firmware.

If and when these cracks and pops disappear with a new firmware, this DAP will be nothing short of amazing for me since everything else like tags, micro sd, apps., etc. are not of much importance to me.  Most of my music isn't even in folders or have album art, just throw them in and shuffle all.  

May 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #5,676 of 13,503
Once you guys figure it out and all the issues are resolved what will you then be talking about? The point is try to enjoy your journey and everyday and every week step by step your issues will be resolved then you will go about finding new issues to complain about.

May 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #5,677 of 13,503
Quote:
How does one go about doing this? I've made playlists and "send to" and created m3us inside my dx100.

In Media Monkey I drag the files I wish to organize into the list plane (or playing now). Then I arange them in the order that I wish to have them appear in the playlist. Then you highlight those files, right click Send to M3U/XFPS Playlist. Then you make sure you choose where you want these Playlists to be stored. You'll have to do this for every Playlist you make but its much better to have them in a designated area so you never have to go through this again. Just add on as you go. If you want to add more songs to that playlist you just click the playlist to get the music to show up. Then add songs to the list, highlight them and basically do the same thing I said earlier which will then prompt you to override the existing playlist.

Once you've made all your playlists go to File/Add rescan files to library. Then point it to the folder where you saved all your playlists. All your playlists will then load and will appear on the left side bar of media monkey under "playlists". You can then configure your DX100 by clicking on your DX100 icon in media monkey. Go to options and configure it as you would. I recommend you do what I did and follow the directions on this link I'll provide below. These were directions for my Sansa Fuze but works on everything I use.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34002

Once you've applied these settings pertaining to the playlists you can select which playlists you want to be synced under "Auto sync list". Be sure to wade through the auto conversion options though to turn off unwanted features. Once you've got everything set it's very easy and convenient. J

May 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #5,678 of 13,503
Quote:
Once you guys figure it out and all the issues are resolved what will you then be talking about? The point is try to enjoy your journey and everyday and every week step by step your issues will be resolved then you will go about finding new issues to complain about.

Some people just have decent expectations for a device they payed $800+ for. I don't think there's anything wrong with this. Once everything is great we'll all complain about  not having enough music to listen to :wink:.

May 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #5,679 of 13,503
If this unit cost say $200 then all would be ok and no complaints due to less expectations?
Quote:
Some people just have decent expectations for a device they payed $800+ for. I don't think there's anything wrong with this. Once everything is great we'll all complain about  not having enough music to listen to :wink:.

May 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #5,680 of 13,503
Quote:
If this unit cost say $200 then all would be ok and no complaints due to less expectations?

I would still want them to fix the issues of course. But pretty much yes. My expectations wouldn't be quite as high if the managed to give this sound for $200.00. Coming from other crumby DAP Interfaces such as the Sflo2 and Hifiman's very slow and irritating interface.

May 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #5,681 of 13,503
Kool so as far as the sound there are no complaints?
Quote:
I would still want them to fix the issues of course. But pretty much yes. My expectations wouldn't be quite as high if the managed to give this sound for $200.00. Coming from other crumby DAP Interfaces such as the Sflo2 and Hifiman's very slow and irritating interface.

May 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #5,682 of 13,503

There is always discussion of the good and bad of every product that is released. I don't think I've seen a product released that doesn't have some kind of problem or something that someone doesn't like. What may not be a problem for one person will be a big deal for another. Manufacturers often use feedback from the forums to help them improve their products.

Being an early adoptor, not just with audio gear, means you have to tolerate more issues than those people who come after all the main issues have been fixed.

May 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #5,684 of 13,503
Life is good when you are able to spend $800 Dollars on your hobby but life is a drag when you have to spend $400 on a washing machine which will give me more work to do later on.

May 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #5,685 of 13,503
Quote:
Life is good when you are able to spend $800 Dollars on your hobby but life is a drag when you have to spend $400 on a washing machine which will give me more work to do later on.

LOL, ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth. I was married once and had a washing machine. Now I wash my clothes by hand, much of the time . . . and the rest is history. 

I like the 64gb SD micro card. I can get so much of one type of music on one card. I have 5 32gb but prefer the 64gb and once the DX100 has it all filed, it boots right up. Yes sir, life is good, it is good. Although not for all. I have a friend that always said, "it's all good", and then cheated on his wife. It ain't so good now, stupid him. But this DX100, hey, it's nothin' but fun. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back