iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 1, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #5,642 of 13,503

Quote:

My flacs have only the flac or vorbis tag added via mp3tag, I don't see any way of adding v3.1 or v3.2 tags but thr DX100 doesn't even use the tags right now, instead it uses the filename for the title and the folder name for the album, totally ignores embedded art etc.  Has anyone managed to get flac tags recognized, if so how?

So when you check mp3 tag does is say (FLAC)? I thought those were the v3.1 tags. If you have v3.2 it will say 3.2 next to the flac meaning you have more than one tag on the file. What I did was have mp3tag read v3.2 v3.1 and have it remove v3.2. Then you remove all the tags. Then click undo. It will restore all your tags but v3.2 and whatever else you've chosen not to add.

May 1, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #5,645 of 13,503
Then do not do that
Quote:
When I have my customs in and when the player goes into sleep mode and I turn it on again, the pop sound is ridiculously loud and startles me every time.  It scares me that it could ruin the customs if not my hearing first.  An extreme flaw IMO.  

May 1, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #5,646 of 13,503
Dannybai do what we are doing. Use a 1/4 adapter to hook your IEMs into. I also feel the 1/4 jack sounds slightly better than the 3.5 so that's another possible benefit for you. Basically when you know you are gonna resume from sleep just disconnect your IEMs from the adapter (leaving the 1/4 plug inside your DX100). This will greatly reduce wear on the DX100 (putting all the wear on that easily replaceable 1/4 adapter) and eliminate the risk of you damaging your IEMs.

Then again food-for-thought, is your DX100 popping when it goes into sleep? It may be better to disconnect them even before going into sleep mode. I don't care what anyone says about those pops being non-lethal to an IEM. For me that doesn't sound good at all and sounds like it will damage the IEM in the long run.

May 1, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #5,647 of 13,503
English please. :p 
So you're saying DX100 doesn't read v3.2 tags, so with mp3tag, remove 3.2 and retag all my flacs with 3.1...? Does it do this automatically?
Quote:

So when you check mp3 tag does is say (FLAC)? I thought those were the v3.1 tags. If you have v3.2 it will say 3.2 next to the flac meaning you have more than one tag on the file. What I did was have mp3tag read v3.2 v3.1 and have it remove v3.2. Then you remove all the tags. Then click undo. It will restore all your tags but v3.2 and whatever else you've chosen not to add.

May 1, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #5,648 of 13,503

Quote:
English please. :p 
So you're saying DX100 doesn't read v3.2 tags, so with mp3tag, remove 3.2 and retag all my flacs with 3.1...? Does it do this automatically?

I didn't say it doesn't read it. I'm saying it could be a reason for the problems. It seems in general "Chinese DAPs" have problems with the V3.2 tags. Even my Studio V had issues with these tags.

Go into mp3tag "Tools", "Options". Under "Mpeg" and "APE, Mpc" make sure all the fields for "Read" are checked. Under "Write" make sure only ID3v1 is marked. If you are using APE then I'm not sure about that. I don't use APE so I have the option left unmarked. Then under the "Remove" section remove ID3v2.

That solved the issues for me on my Studio V and I don't seem to be having issues on my DX100 but I'm gonna double check to see if I can verify with you guys. What I'm confused about is what is the difference between (FLAC) tags and 3.1v and 3.2v? I was under the impressions 3.1v was (FLAC) tags? As I can see 3.2v tags in front or next to the (FLAC) tag in mp3tag if they are present but I've never seen 3.1v. In that case you may be able to leave 3.1v unchecked as well.

Anyways. Once you've done the above steps apply then drag and drop the music you wish to make these changes to. If you are scared make a copy of a few files and test it on them first.

Now you highlight the files you want to apply the changes to. Then click remove tags. This will remove all tags. Then simply click undo changes (next to remove tags) and it will restore your tags (besides the v3.2 and whatever else you wanted to remove).

Edit:

Title is listed 10 Don't Ask ... (The entire song title is Don't Ask My Neighbor). They should fix this to show the entire name of the song, as there is enough room on the screen to show it. But when you are on the stock player and not looking from Setting/Single Info, the entire title of the song is displayed on the player. As well as the Artist, Album, bit rate, and kbps. So for the most part my tags are working.

Ok guys under "Song info" (which is accessed through settings)

Under Artist is says: Jade.
Under Album it Says: Jade To The Max.
Genre: Rock.
It gives the length of the song and the size (although size says "Length" which should be corrected and changed to "Size" in a future update. Also "Time" should be changed to "Length" as this describes the duration of the song. Easy fixes and I'll forward this to ibasso.
Sample rate lists 16Bit.
Bps is 962kps. I've noticed this is slightly off from what Windows says. The discrepancy varies from 5 to 8 kbps.
It also give the Location of the song.

May 1, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #5,650 of 13,503
What's pissing me off even more is the "Sorry!" and error pop ups, and how mp3s stop playing alltogether after the song's over and I have to restart the device to get it working again.

May 1, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #5,651 of 13,503

Quote:
What's pissing me off even more is the "Sorry!" and error pop ups, and how mp3s stop playing altogether after the song's over and I have to restart the device to get it working again.

I bet you it's the tags causing the issues. I only have say 2 mp3 files on my device and they don't give me issues at all. The rest if flac and no such issues either.

Also I recommend you clean your tags. I did it long ago to all my tags and all my new music gets a nice cleaning before it goes into archive.

Basically in Mp3tag highlight all your files. Then under "Comment" Select "Blank", under composer choose "Blank". Under Disc number choose "Blank". Then Save and it will apply this to all your files. Also the size of the album art could be causing you issues. Some of my art wasn't showing up on my DX100 in Power Amp, come to find the jpg file sizes were to big. The stock player doesn't work properly with embedded album art though and hopefully ibasso will address this. I'll shoot them a PM regarding this as well.
Sometimes your files will have multiple album art embedded which can cause issues.

Hey FWIW I've been there and even my Sansa Fuze was a nightmare at one point until I figured out the tags where causing the 16 minute refresh times and glitches. After applying the fixes the Fuze boots up much faster and takes about 5 minutes to reboot when refreshing a 32GB card filled with mp3s and the onboard with 8Gbs of mp3s. Tags and album art all worked as well.

May 1, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #5,652 of 13,503
PowerAmp isn't giving me any issues whatsoever; all tags are working on there. I don't know what's up with the stock player but I'm backing up all my music right now and am going to do a full reset.I'll let you know what happens. (I tried the v3.2 to v3.1 conversion. It's still not working.) Hopefully the reset will fix the issues, especially the mp3s stopping all of the sudden.

Now to find a way to make .m3u playlists to make life easier...

May 1, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #5,653 of 13,503

Quote:

Quote:

Wait to you hear them...they will put STAX to shame....yep I have some land on...

can I ask where you got your Senn Amperior's from with the custom cables?... I've had mine on pre-order for over six weeks now & Sennheiser are still not stating a release date.

Believe me, they are  worth the wait, hope you get them soon and you should join our club "Sennheiser customer  waiting"....where are those HD700...

May 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #5,654 of 13,503

Quote:
PowerAmp isn't giving me any issues whatsoever; all tags are working on there. I don't know what's up with the stock player but I'm backing up all my music right now and am going to do a full reset.I'll let you know what happens. (I tried the v3.2 to v3.1 conversion. It's still not working.) Hopefully the reset will fix the issues, especially the mp3s stopping all of the sudden.

Now to find a way to make .m3u playlists to make life easier...

I use media monkey to make playlists and point the m3u files to a folder of my choosing for permanent archival as I will not go through this BS of creating playlists again. Only when I'm adding will I do this. Then after I set up medimonkey auto sync where it syncs the playlists just as they would appear in the directory (making it very easy to add and remove files on the fly).

Whats nice about the playlists is that they will be in the order of your choosing regardless of the file number.
Also if its not to difficult could you post a screen shot of some of your files in Mp3tag for me to see. That could help me help you out.

When you do a factory reset it will not delete your music BTW. Are you intending to do a complete format as well?

May 1, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #5,655 of 13,503

Quote:

I use media monkey to make playlists and point the m3u files to a folder of my choosing for permanent archival as I will not go through this BS of creating playlists again. Only when I'm adding will I do this. Then after I set up medimonkey auto sync where it syncs the playlists just as they would appear in the directory (making it very easy to add and remove files on the fly).

Whats nice about the playlists is that they will be in the order of your choosing regardless of the file number.
Also if its not to difficult could you post a screen shot of some of your files in Mp3tag for me to see. That could help me help you out.

When you do a factory reset it will not delete your music BTW. Are you intending to do a complete format as well?

Yes, complete format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back