iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #5,598 of 13,503
Had to finally send mine back this afternoon. Had to remove the battery due to postal regs.

Miss it already

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #5,599 of 13,503
My take on what happens with EQ is that it also with good implementation raises and lowers the average sound level to accommodate clipping at the peaks.

Only with menu option for doing so. Very few EQ applications have this option.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #5,600 of 13,503
Edited previous post to reduce their burden. Lol.

What I want is just a properly functioning EQ (even if I am keeping it off) as well as Album Art and correct tagging. The rest are more or less there =)

Those items, according to iBasso are going to be addressed in the upcoming firmware revision. They are also enabling the dropdown menu for albums when using "Directory". They stated that there is a bug in the EQ that will be fixed, but they didn't say what it was. The next firmware revision should be out soon.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #5,603 of 13,503

Quote:
EQ open (but zeroed) seems to give the sound stage a bit more space than closed - for whatever reason.

Does that help the migraine Randall?
wink.gif

frown.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #5,604 of 13,503
What really, really bothers me, and I know the EQ thingy is important, is that iBasso has not come out with a portable Glitterball. The atmosphere, the vibes would all be there then. I mean on a bus, in the car, on a plane, well maybe not a plane with all the problems that seem to erupt on flights, but there are so many possibilities. Give me my DX100 and DXGlitterball! 

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #5,605 of 13,503
What really, really bothers me, and I know the EQ thingy is important, is that iBasso has not come out with a portable Glitterball. The atmosphere, the vibes would all be there then. I mean on a bus, in the car, on a plane, well maybe not a plane with all the problems that seem to erupt on flights, but there are so many possibilities. Give me my DX100 and DXGlitterball! 

Please try to keep up.

:wink:

Edit:

The things I do for you guys....

And yes, it spins and sparkles.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #5,607 of 13,503
Apr 30, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #5,609 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:

Don't look so sad man. I'm happy to test the battery. I just don't have the luxury of listening to this thing for hours at a time like some of our less covert peers. It might take a bit of time.

I keep on forgetting, thanks I appreciate it, as I am over my head these days with work , Long hours of overtime and...ehm..BIG BONUS......coming its way.......PARTY..

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #5,610 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:

Please try to keep up.

wink.gif

Edit:

The things I do for you guys....

And yes, it spins and sparkles.

Did you guys know that Denon is outphasing its series for a very ugly and disturbing one...what a shame....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back