iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 30, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #5,567 of 13,503
Does anyone else have this weird quirk in the album view whereby there are two albums with the same name but by different artists and it gets lumped together as one?

This tends to happen when you have albums entitled "Greatest hits"

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #5,568 of 13,503

Quote:

I don't really think there would be much improvements from SACD rips of her albums in 24/96, or Vinyl rips, unless it is from a $100k+ turntable and then 24/96 wouldn't do it justice and you probably need at least 36/384
blink.gif

Her CDs are really great sounding already on FLAC especially early albums like Diamond Life.

Having just missed out on the next batch of DX100's (I was actually querying something about purchase, in the meantime they sold out grrrrr), I'm trying to figure how to upload my CD's into flac using Media-Monkey.... I'm quite proud that I actually managed to upload a CD into flac with zero-compression but have not figured the 24/96 thingy... how do you know what the rates you've uploaded into flac are?

Sorry but I'm a numbnuts round a PC so I'm using this thread for advice so I have SD-Cards ready for when I can finally get my mitts on a DX100.

Anyone know how long the April batch will take to be delivered?... so I can figure how long it will take for me to get a DX when I order in May (this is why I missed out on a April batch as I wanted to know when I'd actually get it).

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #5,569 of 13,503

Quote:

Having just missed out on the next batch of DX100's (I was actually querying something about purchase, in the meantime they sold out grrrrr), I'm trying to figure how to upload my CD's into flac using Media-Monkey.... I'm quite proud that I actually managed to upload a CD into flac with zero-compression but have not figured the 24/96 thingy... how do you know what the rates you've uploaded into flac are?

Sorry but I'm a numbnuts round a PC so I'm using this thread for advice so I have SD-Cards ready for when I can finally get my mitts on a DX100.

Anyone know how long the April batch will take to be delivered?... so I can figure how long it will take for me to get a DX when I order in May (this is why I missed out on a April batch as I wanted to know when I'd actually get it).

Use Exact audio copy. If you contact me I can send you the files I've used as it guides you how to set everything up and it works wonders IMO.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #5,570 of 13,503

Quote:

CD s are 16/44.1k redbook standard. All CDs are ripped to this standard

For 24/96 you will need a SACD, DVD A or analogue and find a method to rip. I heard for SACD, it is possible on a PS3. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #5,571 of 13,503

Quote:

I am in southern China (regional distributor) where they still have some unit from March batch left. The sales said April batch will be available in store within 3 weeks.

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #5,572 of 13,503

Quote:
Adding bass does not, in reality, cut the highs, but it is all psychoacoustic. If you would play two files with both set to the same level of highs but one with boosted bass and ask listeners which one had the brightest highs, they would more than likely all agree that the non-boosted file had the most treble.

My take on what happens with EQ is that it also with good implementation raises and lowers the average sound level to accommodate clipping at the peaks.

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #5,573 of 13,503
The EQ, when closed is boosted on all 8 bands. When you amp the DX100 you will for sure tell the difference, it is sibilant and the bass very dirty sounding, to the point of being muddy. Mids have an unrealistic artificial forwardness to them with vocals sounding coarse and harsh!

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #5,574 of 13,503

Quote:

I am in southern China (regional distributor) where they still have some unit from March batch left. The sales said April batch will be available in store within 3 weeks.

I live in Indinesia , for 2 badge I ordered 2 weeks ago , about 3 Weeks time I can get my DX 100

Hoppely 1st week of May , because my local IBasso dealer said already delivered in Indinesia .

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #5,575 of 13,503

Quote:
The EQ, when closed is boosted on all 8 bands. When you amp the DX100 you will for sure tell the difference, it is sibilant and the bass very dirty sounding, to the point of being muddy. Mids have an unrealistic artificial forwardness to them with vocals sounding coarse and harsh!

But according to iBasso, that is the way to get a flat response output from the DX100.

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #5,577 of 13,503

Quote:
But according to iBasso, that is the way to get a flat response output from the DX100.

iBasso 

-------Just keep the EQ closed, and the EQ is bypassed.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

If iBasso is right, EQ-off means EQ bypassed so iBasso has effectively get itself out of the way.

Quote:
It isn't that the EQ is boosted on the Android, rather that the iBasso EQ, when centered, reduces the Android output level but does not change tonality.

And, if what HiFlight said is right, Android does not naturally boost the EQ of the sound in their audio output (when EQ is turned off on the stock player).

So, if both of the above statements hold, the purest signal will be the one with EQ-off.

Quote:

My experience with other Android devices is that they do not suffer from these problems.

That brings me to the unwilling conclusion that there is something inherently wrong in the new firmware regarding the stock player.

Activating the EQ and reducing the gains across all the bands help to alleviate these problems.

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #5,578 of 13,503
UElover I just wanted to let you know there is a slight difference in the sound from the Stock player being locked and having the EQ maxed. The sound has more presence when it's off. It may be a bit difficult to see at first. Pay attention to the bass. That is the biggest giveaway :).

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #5,579 of 13,503

Quote:
UElover I just wanted to let you know there is a slight difference in the sound from the Stock player being locked and having the EQ maxed. The sound has more presence when it's off. It may be a bit difficult to see at first. Pay attention to the bass. That is the biggest giveaway :).

Did you try to match the volume? EQ activated will always sound a little different due to the digital processing. But they are more similar than dissimilar which led me to a belief about something
redface.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #5,580 of 13,503

Quote:

Did you try to match the volume? EQ activated will always sound a little different due to the digital processing. But they are more similar than dissimilar which led me to a belief about something
redface.gif

All this talk is just making me scratch my head lol. But there is something magical about the bass with the EQ left off. I think the fact that we have all these options is a plus more than a negative as some genres will benefit with EQ, especially songs where clipping is an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back