iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #4,351 of 13,503

If you check out the XDA-Developers forums you should find tons of threads for each device with wallpapers, some really nice ones too. I know the screen resolution on the DX100 is not that uncommon among android devices, so you shouldn't have much trouble. Android OS didnt support higher than 800x480 until Gingerbread and above. Their are only about 4 or 5 supported resolutions and it's highly unlikely iBasso would wanna make their life harder by also rewriting the display part of the kernel, as well as manufacturers don't really produce the other potential resolutions as it would be a small market for the demand of the screens.
Quote:
Ah that would explain it I read somewhere else it was 320x480.

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #4,352 of 13,503
spkrs01, I just tried your suggestion and it didn't seem to work for me. I installed Go Launcher EX and checked there were three apps running - Music, Settings and No Lock. I locked No Lock and Settings then followed by turning off the screen and the pop was still there. Followed by checking if there were additional apps running and there were none. 

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #4,353 of 13,503
I'm not familiar with Android but I did download the PhoneInfo from PlayStore  and it says 320x480. PhoneInfo is not accurate?

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #4,355 of 13,503

you need to go through the apps and lock them individually. so open say google play, close the app but it will show as running and then lock it. by doing this with every app depending how many you have d/l you should be locking about 8........just go through the apps tray.....and repeat the routine of opening the app to have it running and locking it.

hope that helps
Quote:
spkrs01, I just tried your suggestion and it didn't seem to work for me. I installed Go Launcher EX and checked there were three apps running - Music, Settings and No Lock. I locked No Lock and Settings then followed by turning off the screen and the pop was still there. Followed by checking if there were additional apps running and there were none. 

Apr 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #4,358 of 13,503

Quote:
The DX100 drives my K1000 surprisingly well. This is kind of hilarious....

HiFlight has mentioned this as well. Amazing. 

Apr 10, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #4,361 of 13,503
All your software troubles would have vanished , if you have factory reseted from the beginning. [COLOR=FF8C00]NO BODY LISTENS.[/COLOR]

Forgive me for being stupid, but I'm confused - what does DX100 software have to do with UM Merlin troubles..?

Nothing. But Søren is also having all sorts of trouble with Android market

Apr 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #4,362 of 13,503
I log in on my computer to market place or google play and have my DX100 on as well. I then can choose what I want and it will download to my dx100. 

Apr 10, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #4,363 of 13,503
Apr 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #4,364 of 13,503

Quote:
Sorry!Still having problems with Google play?

No need to apologize 
beerchug.gif

Turned out that my problems were because of our insane firewall at work - as soon as I connected to the wifi hotspot I set up on my phone, everything was peachy.

BTW, am I the first to have rooted the DX100? Surprisingly easy, but not really that much reason to do it. Unless like me, you want to get rid of the calendar, email etc. 

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #4,365 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry!Still having problems with Google play?

No need to apologize 
beerchug.gif

Turned out that my problems were because of our insane firewall at work - as soon as I connected to the wifi hotspot I set up on my phone, everything was peachy.

BTW, am I the first to have rooted the DX100? Surprisingly easy, but not really that much reason to do it. Unless like me, you want to get rid of the calendar, email etc. 

Great news, Please may I know how, as I really want to get rid of all the garbage.THANKS IN ADVANCE. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back