iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #1,816 of 13,503

Quote:
I hear you my friend as I would be feeling the same, but hopefully the outcome would be that you will have a brand new one which is the first DX100 shipped out of iBasso. 

I stated a few weeks back in a post on this thread, that their customers' service is right there with the very best companies from around the world. From the kind of feed backs that I have received from iBasso and their willingness to accommodate requests on many levels I somehow think that they will find the right solution in your particular case! 

We'll see. But I don't think they are sending a new unit. From what I gather they are just applying the tweaks/upgrade to my current unit which I'm fine with. Just upset about the constant delays.

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #1,817 of 13,503

Quote:
We'll see. But I don't think they are sending a new unit. From what I gather they are just applying the tweaks/upgrade to my current unit which I'm fine with. Just upset about the constant delays.

I would prefer delays than to receive something not totally up to date. Be glad they will send you the latest and know that the time will all be history all too soon and you will be enjoying the sounds. 

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #1,819 of 13,503

Quote:
I would prefer delays than to receive something not totally up to date. Be glad they will send you the latest and know that the time will all be history all too soon and you will be enjoying the sounds. 

The first batch-ers have the green light to send theirs back for an upgrade sometime later.

That approach is much more troublesome (and costly) though it will guarantee Lee to receive his back promptly.

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #1,820 of 13,503
Lee, if I don't clear up the misunderstanding here. I will have to apologize to Ibasso for causing them the trouble. I know, I know, I am always the trouble maker, my mom told me that and scooter told me that also:wink:  The fact is Ibasso never told me that I will be getting mine before anyone else.  The reason I inquire about the delivery date of my DX100 is because I am making a trip soon and I can take the delivery here in the US or over there in Asia depending on when they ship.  So Ibasso tell me approximately when I will get my DX100 and asked me to tell them where they need to ship the DX100 to.  That is all.  I don't think I receive any preferential treatment.  I just asked them if I could make the payment before I leave and they say yes.  In fact I was hoping to pay them a visit but apparently as they say "the production is more difficult than they thought" and they are just overwhelm with this project.  So I feel really bad if I cause them any addition headaches.  This is their e-mail and apparently they are trying really hard to make the DX100 as best as they could.  They are courteous and responsive to their customers so can we give them a break?  You are still the first born, Lee.  Wow, seems like I started two fires in one evening, can anyone top that?  Also, it seems the change to the 2nd batch are no small or trivial stuff, they are giving us their best, let's return the courtesy to them, shall we?

"Hi, J.
Thank you for your kind words first.
The production of the DX100 is more difficult than we thought. Before we sort out the demand, we really dont have time to meet visitors. Hope you can understand this. I guess your DX100 will ready around Mar 15th. We can send it to US or HK. Just let us know which address is more convenient for you.

Last but no least, have a good trip.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio"

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #1,821 of 13,503
Make sure to have another designated guinea pig to record all the values; no one should be able to read anyone else's data.

Quote:
By the way, I have been told by Ibasso when I will receive my DX100.  I have been told to send the remaining payment in also.

Right now I am busy in designing my experiment which I think will be fun for everyone.  I have downloaded 8 to 10 192/24 albums and some of which I have the exact CD in in 16/44 format.  I have copied all my ALAC in my Itune Music to my portable drive and ready to transfer to DX100.  I have several CDs Creedence Clearwater Revival, Beethovan 9, The best of Righteous Brother, Diana Krall etc in both 16/44/ and 192/24 format.  

So this is what I am going to do.  I have enlisted couple of crazy unwilling heafiers as guinea piggies (and you know who you are) which I will blindfold and randomly play a track from one of five different platform.

1.  DX100 in regular 16/44 ALAC format
2.  DX100 in Hires 192/24 format
3.  The same track in ALAC on my portable rig (Ipod/CLAS/DB1/SR71b)
4   The Same Track in ALAC on a different portable combo with Pico Slim, O2 and PB2
5   The same track in ALAC (16/44) but using the DX100 line out O2/SR71b/PB2/Pico Slim.
6    The same track in ALAC (192/24) but using the DX100 line out to O2/Sr71n/PB2/Pico Slim
7    I will compare the difference between the Sabre 32 Dac to the Wolfson Dac via the DB1.

All of the above will be using the following headphones: LCD2, HD800, ED8, JH13.  All cables and IC will be Crystal.

I will do this blindfolded.  So the guinea piggies (including myself) will be blindfolded and the above condition will be run in a random fashion and we will rate each condition according to sound quality.  I will use some classical and vocal materials. I hope this will be fun.

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #1,822 of 13,503
Obviously you haven't been with the JH3A group have you... 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Not only did I lose 9 months of listening to iBuds, it cost me $200 for nothing because of multiple impressions/shipping, and in the end, both PayPal fees: incurred by them, and by me when they sent me the $2000...

Oh boy, I feel the immense rage surfacing again... better get off head-fi

Quote:
Just upset about the constant delays.

Mar 10, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #1,823 of 13,503
Subscribed.

This looks like a behemothly performance packed device.  If this called people I wouldn't even blink before purchasing

Mar 10, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #1,825 of 13,503
Thanks for the reply Jalo. I'll just leave it at that. I won't apologize to them though. Its not like I sent a nasty email. Just sent an email questioning them.

Mar 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #1,826 of 13,503
Quote:
bah they fooled me, but it was 11.99 so who cares lol.

Well, I do. I prefer to choose something natural when it's possible for a given use.
I'll keep looking, since I find the case Peter got though very nice a little too large, and would prefer something a little more ajusted. Large leather cigarros cases maybe; I shall check tobacco shops.

Mar 10, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #1,827 of 13,503
To keep myself occupied while waiting for the DX100, I picked up a Galaxy Nexus the day before yesterday. What an awesome piece of kit! Yes, the screen is huge, but still possible to operate with one hand. And the resolution (1280*720) makes 720p material look absolutely stunning! No need for me to use the DX100 as a portable video player, I'm all set now 
cool.gif

Mar 10, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #1,828 of 13,503
What delays?  We are just now into the shipping date window estimated weeks ago.

Mar 10, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #1,829 of 13,503

Quote:
[size=medium]Thank you so much and I love your new avatar. Well real life kept me busy, mostly traveling and work. I recently found out that I’m pregnant so I took a well-deserved vacation just to sort things over and plan ahead. [/size]

I can't be happier for you, "Bringer of Life"; BIG CONGRATS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back