I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
May 30, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #706 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by spuddler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,when looking at DSR,its to give you the same advantages as if you were buying from the high street(UK),its very grey,so work out what you or the seller(high steet),would interpretate this to be ie testing a product in a high street shop(you get no trial period after you have bought them,unless stated by the seller,given by the seller).

That's why it's best to buy online because of the 7-day no quibble returns policy. Retailers can't argue with it, they either have to accept it, or choose not to sell online. The problem is they know that 95% of all consumers don't know their rights so they stick rubbish in the terms and conditions like illegal restocking fees and hope nobody spots it's a load of fluff! Like you noted, high-street stores have different policies, so it's worth checking before you buy.

May 31, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #707 of 3,761
Well I have to say this, the X1060 is awesome. With a pair of UE Super Fi 3 studio phones the sound is amazing compared to my ipod video with MDR EX71 phones (which I thought was great at the time). Soundstage is much wider and more open, everything is just so much clearer and more dynamic. Now I want to get even better IEMs. Duncan or soozie, are the HP FX500s even better than the UEs and are they better than UM2s? Also are they comfortable, everyone seems to say the Um2 are very easy to wear and I find the UEs very comfortable with the standard medium tips, they create a full suction seal in my ears, but have been tempted to try the complys. I don't want to spend money for the hell of it, but am starting to think I should have bought the JVCs straight off if they're that good. But coming from an older ipod this combo whups ass.

May 31, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #708 of 3,761
I got my X Series today. I'm really impressed with the SQ. Not too impressed with the lack of software for Mac, although some people prefer drag and drop I would have preferred something which echoes the seamlessness of say iTunes and iPods. Any advice anyone?

And another thing, can this thing play audiobooks? I can't for the life of me figure out where they go if it can play them.

May 31, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #709 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by heliuscc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I have to say this, the X1060 is awesome. With a pair of UE Super Fi 3 studio phones the sound is amazing compared to my ipod video with MDR EX71 phones (which I thought was great at the time). Soundstage is much wider and more open, everything is just so much clearer and more dynamic. Now I want to get even better IEMs. Duncan or soozie, are the HP FX500s even better than the UEs and are they better than UM2s? Also are they comfortable, everyone seems to say the Um2 are very easy to wear and I find the UEs very comfortable with the standard medium tips, they create a full suction seal in my ears, but have been tempted to try the complys. I don't want to spend money for the hell of it, but am starting to think I should have bought the JVCs straight off if they're that good. But coming from an older ipod this combo whups ass.

Hi heliuscc, I've never had the Super.fi 3, only the 5 pro and the TF10 so I can't comment on them. But I had the UM2's for less than a day... and they're the most comfortable phone I ever wore, same as the UM3X. But UM2 and FX500 have almost opposite presentations. Although I haven't heard the UM2 for a long time, I remember it had very warm and forward vocals, way too forward for me. The FX500 vocals are further away and much cooler. The UM2 soundstage was smaller too, but that's all I can reliably remember. The RadioPaq Pop's are great value for £60 from AMP3 if you want to keep some money in your wallet
ksc75smile.gif

May 31, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #710 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're welcome. He did notice the difference between them, and he does like good sound, but he just doesn't like to pay for it, well, actually he doesn't like to pay for anything
icon10.gif

What earphones do you think you might upgrade to?

No idea which ones I would go for really, however I think I'll probably go for the Walkman from Amazon.. if it's naff I can just return it afterall
beyersmile.png

May 31, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #711 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi heliuscc, I've never had the Super.fi 3, only the 5 pro and the TF10 so I can't comment on them. But I had the UM2's for less than a day... and they're the most comfortable phone I ever wore, same as the UM3X. But UM2 and FX500 have almost opposite presentations. Although I haven't heard the UM2 for a long time, I remember it had very warm and forward vocals, way too forward for me. The FX500 vocals are further away and much cooler. The UM2 soundstage was smaller too, but that's all I can reliably remember. The RadioPaq Pop's are great value for £60 from AMP3 if you want to keep some money in your wallet
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks, the comfort side of the UM2 is drawing me in, whereas the FX500 look a bit more like the EX71s and I like the way the UEs are right in your ear, but I could sleep with UM2s in easily on a bus or plane etc. as they look to be right in yer earhole. What I was looking for is an answer to whether the FX500 is a better phone for the X1000, does it fit the ear well, and will it better than spending £150 on ebay for a UM2??
Cheers

May 31, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #712 of 3,761
Mine arrived on Friday, luckily I let the cat out early, the postman had left it on the doorstep in full view.

Review coming a bit later on Today and some hi res pics.

Initial impressions = fantastic for audiophile nutters and dead simple to use.....

More later.

Neil.

May 31, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #713 of 3,761
Hi,DSR ain't no 'no quibble warranty' by far.Ultimately a Judge might be sorting it out,whats reasonable for the item in question etc etc.
Statutory 1 yr warranty in the UK,first 6mths seller etc as to prove the item isn't faulty.Second 6mths,YOU have to prove the item is faulty,which could get tricky.
If you have a Varsity Bar card(can get for £3 i think,gets you 5% off at Play.com & others),Quidco shoud get you 0.5%(gets about £1.09p
o2smile.gif
),so X1060 should work out at about £217.40p(from £229.99).Your choice.
Still thinking,not bought,but it does knock 5% off,trial buy
o2smile.gif
ie £218.49p.

Cheers BOB

May 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #716 of 3,761
Quote:

Hi,DSR ain't no 'no quibble warranty' by far.Ultimately a Judge might be sorting it out,whats reasonable for the item in question etc etc.
Statutory 1 yr warranty in the UK,first 6mths seller etc as to prove the item isn't faulty.Second 6mths,YOU have to prove the item is faulty,which could get tricky.
If you have a Varsity Bar card(can get for £3 i think,gets you 5% off at Play.com & others),Quidco shoud get you 0.5%(gets about £1.09p
o2smile.gif
),so X1060 should work out at about £217.40p(from £229.99).Your choice.
Still thinking,not bought,but it does knock 5% off,trial buy
o2smile.gif
ie £218.49p.

Cheers BOB

Is Quidco the british form of Costco? Pardon me being off topic but if it is, that's pretty funny.

May 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #717 of 3,761
Quote:

Hi,DSR ain't no 'no quibble warranty' by far.Ultimately a Judge might be sorting it out,
whats reasonable for the item in question etc etc.

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about, judges and court?? Who said anything about a no-quibble warranty? I'm talking about the no-quibble cancellation period and returns policy for goods bought online.

If someone bought a Sony X online in the UK, they don't even have to have a reason to return it provided they cancel within the time limit, 7 working days after receipt. That is the no-quibble part of returns under DSR's. Nothing to do with warranties.

Amazon offers a 30-days return option, but DSR's give the minimum time that retailers have to abide by. Here are some points taken from the DSR's for online businesses. They relate to the returns cancellation period for goods, not services.

1. The DSRs give consumers the right to cancel an order.

2. This right is [size=small]unconditional[/size] and begins from the moment the contract is concluded.

3.The DSRs give consumers who buy by distance means more rights than consumers who shop in person.

4. Cancellation rights end seven working days after the day on which they received the goods

5. Consumers must put in writing, email, letter, fax if they want to cancel.

6. DSRs require you to refund the full price of the goods, or deposit or prepayment made, including the cost of delivery.

And...

Q. Why must I comply with the DSRs?

A. Compliance with the DSRs is a legal requirement.

Q. Can I insist that consumers who cancel an order within the
cancellation period return the goods as new or in their original packaging?

A. No. The DSRs allow consumers to examine goods they have ordered as they would in a shop. If that requires opening the packaging and trying out the goods then they have not breached their duty to take reasonable care of the goods. In these circumstances you cannot insist that consumers return the goods as new or in their original packaging.

Q. How can I resell the goods as new if they have been opened
and tested by the customer?

A. The DSRs do not provide any general exception to the right to cancel on this point and do not link cancellation rights with a supplier’s ability to resell items as new.

May 31, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #718 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknit3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Quidco the british form of Costco? Pardon me being off topic but if it is, that's pretty funny.

k701smile.gif
No it's an online cashback scheme, where you get a certain percentage of the value of an item returned to you if you purchase the product via the links provided by the Quidco website.

ETA: If anyone has any advice regarding audiobook compatibility please share. Google isn't proving that helpful. Thanks.

May 31, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #719 of 3,761
Hi,can you go into a shop,open boxes & start trying/testing stuff.
'If that require opening the package',its IF ie seller might disagree that you have to for that particular item etc(as above or whatever),then you might have to go to a small claims court or whatever.Then judge or whoever,will decide,whether for that particular item,f you can try,or how far you can try,test etc.They will take into account its,say bought on the web or whatever.
If's,but's etc are not black or white,when it comes to the law.Grey & open to interpretaion.Plenty of examples on the web i bet if you look.
Sellers have rights too,TS's,Consumer rights etc etc,consider both parties,laws etc are there for both.
Well cancellation then
wink_face.gif

Cheers BOB

May 31, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #720 of 3,761
Quote:

Sellers have rights too,TS's,Consumer rights etc etc,consider both parties,laws etc are there for both.
Well cancellation then
wink_face.gif

Do you have a shop or something? Is that why you keep contradicting the facts? This isn't about sellers rights, it's about consumer rights. The right to cancel and return is unconditional. Do you even know about DSR's? You seem almost disappointed that they exist. They give us a NO-QUIBBLE cancellation period of 7 working days after receipt, and no matter what you say, you can't change that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back