I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
May 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #691 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPDATE

Right, having spent some time comparing the Sony to the Samsung P2, I have come to the conclusion that the Sony is marginally better than the P2. However, this small margin may be attributed to the fact that everything played back on the Sony is encoded as 400kbps AAC whereas the Samsung is encoded as 192kbps MP3. I must stress that both devices had all extra processing turned off. Taking this into consideration, I can't help but feel very disappointed as I was expecting a lot more.

Hi Bloodflowerz, that's a shame you don't feel the improvement is big enough over the P2. I've never heard a Samsung before, what does the Sony do better than it out of interest? You didn't say. Oh, and why don't you just take the Sony back for a full refund so you don't lose any money? You must be within the time frame to return it.

May 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #692 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Bloodflowerz, that's a shame you don't feel the improvement is big enough over the P2. I've never heard a Samsung before, what does the Sony do better than it out of interest? You didn't say. Oh, and why don't you just take the Sony back for a full refund so you don't lose any money? You must be within the time frame to return it.

Hello Soozie,

The Sony had slightly tighter bass for me and a slightly better sound stage. However, it just seemed a very small improvement to my ears for the price I paid for it. The Sony is probably one of the best sounding DAPs out there but I cannot justify the cost.

I purchased it from Amazon. What can I say to Amazon that can justify a refund? Can I really get away with "I did not like it" lol?

Thank You.

May 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #693 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Soozie,

The Sony had slightly tighter bass for me and a slightly better sound stage. However, it just seemed a very small improvement to my ears for the price I paid for it. The Sony is probably one of the best sounding DAPs out there but I cannot justify the cost.

I purchased it from Amazon. What can I say to Amazon that can justify a refund? Can I really get away with "I did not like it" lol?

Thank You.

Amazon has a 30-days return policy. Make sure all the packaging is intact and then go to your account and select 'want to return something' - you'll see various boxes you can check. Just choose the one that says 'didn't live up to my expectations', you'll have to pay the return postage but you'll get a full refund.

May 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #694 of 3,761
Hello everyone,

I have been looking at the NWZX-1060b as a (hopefully) better sounding replacement for my Creative Zen X-Fi that I bought last year. I compared the sound quality on my Creative without any of the X-Fi settings or EQ on with my PSP, and the PSP sounded just cleaner and tighter overall, the Creative sounding somewhat foggy in comparison. I usually use a set of Philips SHE9850 earphones, which seem to do a good job, although there are obviously much higher end 'phones available.

The last Walkman I had was their NW HD-1, which was a good DAP for its time but Sonicstage turned me off all other Sony players after I moved on from that one (the internal hard drive failed
frown.gif
) but recently realised that they dont use Sonicstage anymore, so I was quite pleased about that. Sound quality is the most important part of a player to me, so I would like to ask; has anyone had any experience with the Zen X-fi (or any other Zen player) in comparison to the NWZX-1060b?

Thanks for making this topic such a good read everyone, its answered alot of the questions I had about this Walkman.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #695 of 3,761
Quote:

Amazon has a 30-days return policy. Make sure all the packaging is intact and then go to your account and select 'want to return something' - you'll see various boxes you can check. Just choose the one that says 'didn't live up to my expectations', you'll have to pay the return postage but you'll get a full refund.

Excellent! Thanks, Lady. Lets hope the postage won't cost more than £5!

wink.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #696 of 3,761
Quote:

I never have to pay return postage? And I still get a full refund, maybe I'm "special"
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #701 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never have to pay return postage? And I still get a full refund, maybe I'm "special"
biggrin.gif

Or maybe you're checking the wrong box
icon10.gif

May 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #702 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound quality is the most important part of a player to me, so I would like to ask; has anyone had any experience with the Zen X-fi (or any other Zen player) in comparison to the NWZX-1060b?

Thanks for making this topic such a good read everyone, its answered alot of the questions I had about this Walkman.
smily_headphones1.gif

There's an ancient Zen Touch in the house (not mine!), and I tested it against my X, and the X is more dynamic with better treble detail, and a slightly bigger soundstage. But the Zen didn't sound awful with the W3, it couldn't go as loud but it was acceptable. And the Zen owner was really peed off when he compared them for himself
ksc75smile.gif
- not enough to go and buy one though. His Zen would have to spontaneously combust before he replaced it
atsmile.gif

May 30, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #703 of 3,761
Quote:

There's an ancient Zen Touch in the house (not mine!), and I tested it against my X, and the X is more dynamic with better treble detail, and a slightly bigger soundstage. But the Zen didn't sound awful with the W3, it couldn't go as loud but it was acceptable. And the Zen owner was really peed off when he compared them for himself
ksc75smile.gif
- not enough to go and buy one though. His Zen would have to spontaneously combust before he replaced it
atsmile.gif

Hello, thanks for your reply. I was hoping it would be quite a large difference between my Zen and the Walkman, but I think I'd probably see more difference from upgrading my earphones, in terms of getting better sound quality. Thanks for comparing them!

May 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #704 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, thanks for your reply. I was hoping it would be quite a large difference between my Zen and the Walkman, but I think I'd probably see more difference from upgrading my earphones, in terms of getting better sound quality. Thanks for comparing them!

You're welcome. He did notice the difference between them, and he does like good sound, but he just doesn't like to pay for it, well, actually he doesn't like to pay for anything
icon10.gif

What earphones do you think you might upgrade to?

May 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #705 of 3,761
Hi,when looking at DSR,its to give you the same advantages as if you were buying from the high street(UK),its very grey,so work out what you or the seller(high steet),would interpretate this to be ie testing a product in a high street shop(you get no trial period after you have bought them,unless stated by the seller,given by the seller).
Check out the,by law you have,(UK)1yr warranty,thats a topper after 6mths of it
tongue_smile.gif

Most things end up being judged in a court of law,if they get that far ie someones interpretation.
Play.com's ain't been bad to some peeps on HUKD's(customer satisfaction exercise's),even if not justified considering fairness(even morality)& the law,most Co's wouldn't do what they have done,prob rightly so.

Cheers BOB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back