Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Apr 22, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #766 of 3,643
Are the Plantronics only ones under $250 with dual pairing? I'd love to listen to my PC or Android tablet & still take calls on my iPhone, but they do seem a bit bulky.

The Stance S1+ are what I would most likely go over ear for. Really loving those, as long as their not too heavy. The Revo's are the other one I'm considering.

But that wirecutter article is bizarre. Unless you want $500 Sennheiser's, they're saying there's nothing better than the $100 Jabra Move's? Nothing between $150-$300 that might be better? Seems odd.

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #767 of 3,643
What about you? Did you try the MK2?
Did you try the mics for both the 1RBT and Plantronics? If so, which was better? Slightly better or definitely noticeable? Thanks
nope, I've not tried the mk2 because i live in EU and they're not easy to get here with a return policy.
But you could ask in the thread of n00b2 or in the mk2 thread.
The mics of the mk1 were ok but I didn't compare them side to side with the Plantronics. Beside, testing the mics is not so easy, you must call somebody and ask them how they hear you...
I lately did it with Plantronics, ATH, Pendulumic and AKG, calling a patient friend of mine. He said that the Plantronics were very good, the ATH good, the Pendulumic ok, and the AKG not so good...

Are the Plantronics only ones under $250 with dual pairing? I'd love to listen to my PC or Android tablet & still take calls on my iPhone, but they do seem a bit bulky.

The Stance S1+ are what I would most likely go over ear for. Really loving those, as long as their not too heavy. The Revo's are the other one I'm considering.

But that wirecutter article is bizarre. Unless you want $500 Sennheiser's, they're saying there's nothing better than the $100 Jabra Move's? Nothing between $150-$300 that might be better? Seems odd.
yes, i believe the Plantronics are the cheapest multipoint.
The Stance are very light. No problems at all. Lighter than Plantronics (which, yes, are bulky. To get a not bulky multipoint you should go with the Fidelio m2bt if you can buy them from an EU amazon like UK or similar.
In US they're too expensive).

Yes, wurecutter is a very strange place. Such a great potential of many professional reviewers all together, but also so many strange contraddictions.
You can read there the comments I've left. My nick there is Sir Joe, like in amazon.
I've listed a lot of headphones which they didn't test. A lot of important ones.
And anther guy noticed that in the previous version of that review they said that they tested and excluded the Move, which are now their pick. They have answered that they had tested a pre release version... Nice work from Jabra if they were able to so much dramatically change something from the pre-release to the release version to change their mind from dismiss to top-pick.
Anyway, it is still a nice place where you can read lot of things about many headphones all together, although they mostly ignore the mid expensive ones and review thousand of useless cheap ones and a couple of high end ones.

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #768 of 3,643

How would I know? Amazon only lists MDR-1RBT.. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR1RBT-Premium-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B009A6D034/  ... It does not say if it's MK2 :/

Any ideas if MK2 is better than Backbeat Pros?

In ANY AD that are selling Sony MDR 1RBT MK2, they will have it in the title/ad, and the MARKING will be on the box. The headphones do not have any marking distinguishing themselves from the 1RBT.. So, when if you buy them, you have to ASK for sure are they the Mk2 version, and you must ask to see the box before purchase.. Not talking about Amazon, IMO, they are trusted.

Here is an example..

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTUwWDU1MA==/z/4y4AAOSwk5FUwhs6/$_12.JPG

I have not auditioned the Backbeat Pros..However, in my layman's opinion, the Sony 1RBT MK2 was the best bluetooth headphone out there, until the Sennheiser M2 came out.. Now, that is just MY OPINION..

Just for reference, they have a couple, new, on Amazon and Prime too. the reason I mention Prime, is because they have a rock solid return policy.. the price goes from $279 to a whooping $578..

http://www.amazon.com/SONY-Wireless-stereo-headset-MDR-1RBTMK2/dp/B00FJISZ0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429739390&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+MDR+1RBT+MK2

Only YOUR ears are going to tell you which one works and sounds the best for you.. Could be the Backbeat Pros do everything for you... 

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #769 of 3,643

What about you? Did you try the MK2? You obviously know significantly more about headphones than I do and can judge better than most here. I need your personal opinion since you reviewed both. There is no right or wrong answer.

Did you try the mics for both the 1RBT and Plantronics? If so, which was better? Slightly better or definitely noticeable? Thanks

With that Amazon Prime, you can try the MK2s yourself, don't like them or they dont' come up to par, you get free return shipping back.. Because some people swear the MK2 is the second coming of whoever, and then others say the MK2 is so so.. When you try them out yourself, you will be in one of those camps.. The MK2 has aptx and better bass, and are very comfortable. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #770 of 3,643
You must have missed the last sentence of my post

I didn't.
I was talking of this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-BTD-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transmitter/dp/B002YOCRPQ
There are others by other brands.

I have not auditioned the Backbeat Pros..However, in my layman's opinion, the Sony 1RBT MK2 was the best bluetooth headphone out there, until the Sennheiser M2 came out.. Now, that is just MY OPINION..

If I tell that in my opinion my wife cooks better than yours, just because all my friends are saying that they don't know anybody who can cook better than my wife, this would not be an opinion.
You can NOT have an opinion on something you don't know.
This thread is based on a simple concept, side by side comparisons, high quality information, and the highest level of objectivity possible.
I like you, but you should avoid these kind of unfounded claims here.
I've tried more than, 30 BT headphones and I find the ATH the ones with overall highest level of excellence in sound.
And still you'll not read me claiming that they sound better than the mk2.
You know why?
Because I didn't try the mk2.

Please keep comments strictly based on your personal experience.
Things like "the best out there" can be said only if YOU have tried ALL headphones PERSONALLY.
Edit: and only when speaking of the sound quality, because for the sound signature there in no best. There only are tastes.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #771 of 3,643
You can NOT have an opinion on something you don't know.

Oh yes I can!!
biggrin.gif

I got an opinion that a Ferrari is better than my 30 year old RX7!

I got an opinion that the Beyerdynamic T5p Tesla sound better than my MK2s..

Just a few examples.. And stop busting blood vessels, it is only a dam forum where we are exchanging views.. Nothing life threatening or people won't eat because we got something wrong..

Slow it down.. Life is not Head-Fi..  
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #772 of 3,643
Hi,
I want to buy my first Bluetooth headphones and i need some advice.
I intend to use the headphones outside (on a bus or a train) so a decent sound insulation is important. As long as the headphones have a good passive sound insulation it's ok if there won't be ANC. I also need the headphones not to leak sound so i won't disturb the people that are sitting next to me on a bus.

I want the headphones to be comfortable so i can wear them for long periods of time and not feeling fatigue on the ears or the head.
I have an average size head and ears.
I'm not interested in headphones like the samsung level over, in my opinion they seems to be too big and bulky for using outside.

I mainly listen to these geners: House, Dubstep, Trap, Rap, Hip-Hop.
As you can see i mainly listen to bass heavy music so it will be nice if the hesdphones will have a nice deep bass, but in the same time i don't want the mids and highs to disappear.
I never use EQ so i prefer headphones that will be good to go out of the box.

In the features department it's important that there will be a good battery with a long playing time, also i need the headphones to have a good Bluetooth connection.

I did some reading on the diffrent Bluetooth codecs and i understood that Apt-X enabled headphones are highly recommended. My music source is going to be mainly my LG G2 smartphone and maybe sometimes my LG G PAD 8.3 tablet.

My budget for the headphones is approximately 350 $.

Thank you !

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #773 of 3,643
it was the same guy who wrote to your support ten times to push them releasing a firmware update to solve the problem with the iOS, dear Mr Bose.
So, don't complain with me, I gave you the chance to make it better
wink.gif

"Well I DIED in July 2013... whaddaya expect?" (A. Bose)

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #774 of 3,643
Hi,
I want to buy my first Bluetooth headphones and i need some advice.
I intend to use the headphones outside (on a bus or a train) so a decent sound insulation is important. As long as the headphones have a good passive sound insulation it's ok if there won't be ANC. I also need the headphones not to leak sound so i won't disturb the people that are sitting next to me on a bus.

I want the headphones to be comfortable so i can wear them for long periods of time and not feeling fatigue on the ears or the head.
I have an average size head and ears.
I'm not interested in headphones like the samsung level over, in my opinion they seems to be too big and bulky for using outside.

I mainly listen to these geners: House, Dubstep, Trap, Rap, Hip-Hop.
As you can see i mainly listen to bass heavy music so it will be nice if the hesdphones will have a nice deep bass, but in the same time i don't want the mids and highs to disappear.
I never use EQ so i prefer headphones that will be good to go out of the box.

In the features department it's important that there will be a good battery with a long playing time, also i need the headphones to have a good Bluetooth connection.

I did some reading on the diffrent Bluetooth codecs and i understood that Apt-X enabled headphones are highly recommended. My music source is going to be mainly my LG G2 smartphone and maybe sometimes my LG G PAD 8.3 tablet.

My budget for the headphones is approximately 350 $.

Thank you !

That post was basically sounding like you were asking someone to recommend you the Momentum Wireless until you got to the bluetooth connection and price part. From @Giogio's comparisons the ATH WS99BT or the Fidelio M2BT would probably be the best options if you can get them where you live though they lack ANC.

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #776 of 3,643

Slow it down.. Life is not Head-Fi..  :beerchug:

Why does everybody get so predictable and comes out with such things as "get a life" when cornered?
Don't take it personally, but, my thread, my rules, just to be clear.
Very far from me the wish of repressing people's "opinion", as you should know (I always push people to express themselves).
But your examples are not fair.
Of course you can know that a famous chef cooks better than your friend, if you know that you know that your friend can't cook.
But you can't know which of two famous chefs cooks better (IF one cooks "better", and not just "differently") if you don't try BOTH.
And you definitely can NOT know such a thing like "this was the best in the world" (which is what you've said of the mk2) without having tried all the others (at least all the other high end ones).

I absolutely encourage people expressing their opinion, I welcome it very much, this is a community thread, made by people, not by me.
But I've opened it and given it a direction, which is of high quality first hand information, and I only ask people NOT to express absolutistic generalizing objectifying opinions, and to strictly base their "ratings" on PERSONAL experience.
It's not much what I'm asking.
After all the world is already full of bla bla threads.
One with high quality info can not make harm :)

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #777 of 3,643
  Oh yes I can!!
biggrin.gif

I got an opinion that a Ferrari is better than my 30 year old RX7!

I got an opinion that the Beyerdynamic T5p Tesla sound better than my MK2s..

Just a few examples.. And stop busting blood vessels, it is only a dam forum where we are exchanging views.. Nothing life threatening or people won't eat because we got something wrong..

Slow it down.. Life is not Head-Fi..  
beerchug.gif

Where do we start....

Quoting from the head-fi posting guidelines:
Please don't recommend or post reviews of equipment you don't own or otherwise don't have a reasonable amount of familiarity with. You wouldn't recommend someone a car you've never driven or suggest someone live in a country you haven't been to, so recommending headphones and equipment you haven't owned or used is unhelpful. Even if you've seen the same comments about something from a dozen members, save discussion of that if you're intending to buy it yourself. Likewise, People use the reviews in the Head Gear section to decide what product to buy, and brief impressions or comments by people who don't own a product (or at least haven't had it in their possession for a sufficient amount of time) are unhelpful.

Similarly, please avoid trashing equipment you haven't used or aren't familiar with. Having doubts about something you see in a design is fair enough, but to quote Robert Pirsig: "The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." It is quite possible to derive satisfaction from listening with any audio gear as much from your appreciation of the design (whether how it looks or how it measures) as much as how it reproduces music. No method of appreciation is "wrong".

End quote.

=> If you never heard the T5p - you don't know if you would like it more than your Mk2, you simply don't know, you guess. I've listened to a lot of summit-fo gear that I didn't really like more than my other cheaper stuff (and the opposite of course that blew me away) - but without listening to it...

=> Is the Ferrari better for use as an everyday driver? Better in the winter? Better in fuel consumption or costs of ownership? Reliability? Just because it's more expensive it might not fit the bill. "Better" needs to be quantified. By the way => a 30 year old RX7 what a beauty!!! I would love to try that one one day on a track. That awesome Wankel engine...

So while you can have an opinion on things - please mark it at that - if you have experience in something - that's what people are after here.

Even if it's personal experience, it's just one person's experience, but I take one person's real experience over thousand opinions based on heresay, read-about-it and "as everyone knows this headphone sucks" generalizations... 

As you might have seen, this is my first post int his thread. I have no experience in BT headphones. I surely have an opinion which one I might potentially enjoy the most. But what's the point of posting it if I have not listened to it?

Cheers,
K

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #778 of 3,643
I do appreciate this thread. I thought I'd go with the Stance or the Revo's, but I had a couple nagging questions. Amazon isn't exactly staffed with knowledgable clerks eager to help. Quite right someone's willing :).

On the Stance S1+ , the sound reviews seemed quite impressive, but has anyone put them through enough paces to attest to their durability? The headband looks a bit fragile, & I want to be able to use outdoors (not mountain climbing, just hanging with my dog).

2. The Harman Kardon soho wireless seem intriguing, but I can't find any mention of a mic? Are they not designed for phone calls?

3. The Sony MDR1RBT at $258 on Amazon is do-able for me (upping budget to $270) but they're a step below the Revo's in the ratings here, and the newer model is out of my reach. Was that older model completely overpriced?

Unfortunately, I can't afford the Fidelio M2B2--it's just out of reach at the UK price. I love that the Platonics could catch a phone call from my iPhone while streaming from my Nexus, but I need more portability. (For some reason there's a SOL Republic claiming that feature for $150, but they also added a headband that can be changed to different colors, so...meh).

Thanks again.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #779 of 3,643
AliLeigh,

The old MDR-1rbt are not at the level of the other ones suggested to you.
They are not bad at all, but the others offer more detail and a richer cleaner sound.
The Fidelio you can buy them from amazon.de for 207 euro.
Look also in other European amazon.
I have found the akg for 80 euro on amazon Spain.
The Soho don't have same good reviews as the Harman Kardon BT.
I didn't try them though.
I didn't put the stance under super stress because i must send them back, but they don't seem fragile at all to me.
The headband also is very solid.
They are now sold in uk. You should be able to try them and send them back if not satisfied...

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #780 of 3,643
Hello! I am the happy owner of headphones ws99bt, and I think they are great. As well as plug-in ear cks99bt. Have a question for Giogio, is there in your case what any indication of work aptx, or indicator is always blue? In the models of other manufacturers in aptx mode indicator lights purple. I hope that google translate load correctly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back