How many songs do you have in your music library?
Feb 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #422 of 615
So far I'm up to 731 GB of FLAC 16/44 @ 36,097 songs. For my high resolution files I'm up at 515GB. That varies from 24/192, 24/96, SACD for the most part. I have a total of 5,338 files.

^ Lee, you have a nice collection of high resolution music. Out of my 3TB collection, I probably only have 300GB of high resolution files.
What kind of acoustic music do you listen to? Since you live in Hawaii, I have to ask: do you listen to Israel K? I have most of his albums.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #423 of 615
Quote:
^ Lee, you have a nice collection of high resolution music. Out of my 3TB collection, I probably only have 300GB of high resolution files.
What kind of acoustic music do you listen to? Since you live in Hawaii, I have to ask: do you listen to Israel K? I have most of his albums.

Yeah I have all of his albums :). He's a really good singer. Too bad he passed on a long time ago due to weight issues. Acoustic Alchemy is also one of my favorites. Jia Peng Fang is also quite nice. I listen to many genres. Pretty much whatever catches my ear I'll listen to. Not so much country music but even in that genre there are some songs/singers that I do enjoy as well. I think my favorite genres are Rock, 80's, 90's including old school rap/hip-hop. But I also listen to music from the 50s, 60', 70s lol. So I have an open-ear if you will :p.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #424 of 615
Quote:
lol or maybe its just you can't hear that difference idiot :p.

So far I'm up to 731 GB of FLAC 16/44 @ 36,097 songs. For my high resolution files I'm up at 515GB. That varies from 24/192, 24/96, SACD for the most part. I have a total of 5,338 files.

beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #425 of 615
Yeah I have all of his albums :). He's a really good singer. Too bad he passed on a long time ago due to weight issues. Acoustic Alchemy is also one of my favorites. Jia Peng Fang is also quite nice. I listen to many genres. Pretty much whatever catches my ear I'll listen to. Not so much country music but even in that genre there are some songs/singers that I do enjoy as well. I think my favorite genres are Rock, 80's, 90's including old school rap/hip-hop. But I also listen to music from the 50s, 60', 70s lol. So I have an open-ear if you will :p.

Thanks Lee for your comments. I am fan of Israel K and read about the big man before. Too sad, many of my favorite musicians (e.g., Eva Cassidy, Israel K, John Denver, ect.) passed away at young age.

I like Acoustic Alchemy a lot. Maybe you would like Spyro Gyra as well? Jia Peng Fang's take on Erhu is quite refreshing. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #426 of 615
Quote:
Thanks Lee for your comments. I am fan of Israel K and read about the big man before. Too sad, many of my favorite musicians (e.g., Eva Cassidy, Israel K, John Denver, ect.) passed away at young age.

I like Acoustic Alchemy too. Maybe you would like Spyro Gyra? Jia Peng Fang's take on Erhu is quite refreshing. 

I'll try give it a listen :). What's so comical about having so much music is that I'll hear a song that I really like (could be older stuff particularly). I'll ask around or search for the lyrics come to find I already had the song archived lol :p.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #427 of 615
I'll try give it a listen :). What's so comical about having so much music is that I'll hear a song that I really like (could be older stuff particularly). I'll ask around or search for the lyrics come to find I already had the song archived lol :p.

^ That happens to me a lot. I actually just found out that I have some Acoustic Alchemy albums but have never listened to them :p

Do you have a last.fm account? I would like to see what other acoustic music you listen to. My last.fm account is listed in my signature. I listed many of my favorite musicians in my Headfi profile as well.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #428 of 615
Quote:
^ That happens to me a lot. I actually just found out that I have some Acoustic Alchemy albums but have never listened to them :p

Do you have a last.fm account? I would like to see what other acoustic music you listen to. My last.fm account is listed in my signature. I listed many of my favorite musicians in my Headfi profile as well.

No I don't. But I have drop box :wink: lol. My favorite Acoustic Alchemy Album is "1994 Against the Grain". I really love that album. Such a soothing listen. I'll create some pics of my album listings and send you some screen shots.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #430 of 615
I'll play

7,031 tracks
92% 44khz, 8% 96khz
62% 16 bit, 38% 24 bit
avg bit rate 830 kbps
70% FLAC, 23% 320 Mp3 the rest AAC

Fun library stats :)

~M

May 10, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #433 of 615
Quote:
 I have some Acoustic Alchemy albums but have never listened to them 

Same here....lol. Had the chance to borrow the CDs for a day, listened to a couple songs and thought they had promise, ripped the 4 CDs, and then never listened to them afterwards. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #434 of 615
57,367 songs, 4568 albums - 1.2TB so far, but I still have to digitise my classical/jazz stuff... I really have to make this more managable.

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #435 of 615
Quote:
57,367 songs, 4568 albums - 1.2TB so far, but I still have to digitise my classical/jazz stuff... I really have to make this more managable.

there is no good way LOL

i've been using JRiver and for the most part it's pretty good and has a lot of powerful features (but it's not free!)  i still sometimes use media monkey but only because i'm very familiar with the program and still learning JRiver, at some point i'll uninstall MM entirely.  for album art stuff i usually use "album art downloader" which batch downloads art (especially cover art) since it's infinitely faster than scanning all the booklets from cd's/LP's, it also can be added to foobar as an extension.  at some point i'll get all the scanning done so i have the entire booklets digitized, but i already have thousands (literally) of hours into collection maintenance.

FWIW i'm running at 140,000 tracks mirrored in flac and mp3 (for ease of ipod use, storage is cheap LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back