How do I stop the daily email updates?
Aug 8, 2010 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

rhythmdevils

Member of the Trade: rhythmdevils audio
I get two of them everyday and I'm getting sick of deleting them.  They don't tell me anything I can't see by just loading the head-fi homepage, which is honestly quicker and easier than looking at the email. 

I checked "web only" in the subscriptions preferences, but I still get them. 

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 13
Same here. I set my subscription settings to:

Site Only (no email) You will not receive email on this subscription, but its updates will appear in your personalized homepage activity feed.

It says that I won't receive emails but I still do. Something is wrong there :frowning2:

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 13
This was bugging me too, I had done what you did, but still received email.
What did it was deleting all of my current subscritions manually.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 13
i also want a solution for this.i get 2-3 emails for updates everyday via email.i cancelled the option to send me emails from my profile but nothing is working.

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #6 of 13
This is affecting me too.
I first tried to change to weekly updates, but the daily e-mails didn't stop. Then I tried to turn off updates, but I still get daily and weekly subscription updates.

Weekly updates seem a waste of time anyway - I was expecting one mail per week telling me all the updates in the last week. Instead I get an update every day which shows what has changed in the previous seven days.

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #11 of 13
I was getting them, too, but I changed my subscriptions to no email then manually cancelled all of the subscribed threads. I haven't gotten any emails since.

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #12 of 13
I don't remember seeing it there before, but there's now a subscriptions link top-right.

Sep 5, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 13
I like having the subcriptions on my head-fi "homepage", it makes it reallly easy to keep up with threads I've posted in.  So I don't want to get rid of subscriptions all together.  I just don't want the email updates, because it's much easier/faster to just check the homepage, which shows me all the same info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back