how come...
Nov 29, 2007 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

d-cee

Headphoneus Supremus
I know the website is still being re-built

but why don't I receive e-mail notifications when I receive PMs anymore?

and why can't I search the fs/ft forums for the keyword "HF-1" ?

thanks in advance

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patience. Some things are going to be different for a while. Anyway, the price is still right, isn't it?

Perfectly stated. Quoted for emphasis.

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know the website is still being re-built

but why don't I receive e-mail notifications when I receive PMs anymore?

and why can't I search the fs/ft forums for the keyword "HF-1" ?

thanks in advance

I don't think that any search that had the form XX-1 worked previously. I have many times tried xx-12345 or whatever and the search never worked. I think a minimum of 3 consecutive alphanumerics was required as the first 3 characters of the search. I may be mistaken, but that is my recollection.

cheers
Simon

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 11
I am quite sure Jude is still tweaking and optimizing the forum to the level it were before the outtake. It might take a while though, so be patient.
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? What an elitist, ******* comment. You don't know what's going on with him so don't downsize his question.

Anyway, I just realized I didn't answer the question about PM notifications. From what I can gather, most are getting them, some are not. We're looking into why this might be.

Nov 29, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that any search that had the form XX-1 worked previously. I have many times tried xx-12345 or whatever and the search never worked. I think a minimum of 3 consecutive alphanumerics was required as the first 3 characters of the search. I may be mistaken, but that is my recollection.

cheers
Simon

well i can search for anything else really, just HF-1 doesn't search... but that's explained now

but yeah i guess emails are being worked on too

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patience. Some things are going to be different for a while. Anyway, the price is still right, isn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? What an elitist, ******* comment. You don't know what's going on with him so don't downsize his question.

huh?!? i don't understand either of these two posts

Nov 30, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #11 of 11
Well, the default search configuration in the forum software is probably to throw away short or odd search queries.

Thus, in the before-time, searching for "pfr-v1" would actually execute a search for that string, but now, the string just gets thrown away and you get no search results.

Also, the operator is stuck on "OR" which is highly annoying and renders the search tool near useless even when you're searching for plain english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back