Home-Made IEMs
Jan 29, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #3,106 of 15,989
  Can you please suggest a lacquer.

For acrylic: 

Dreve: NanoScreen Lacquer, Fotoplast Lacquer 3, Thermosoft Lacquer3
Egger: LP/H Lacquer, Egger Sonopal Lacquer

AFAIK lightningenterprise carries some of the Dreve, just shoot them an email. The rest can be obtained from any audiology clinic.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #3,108 of 15,989
I have been sliently reading this thread for quite some time. Learnt a lot from you guys. Really appreciated all the ideas you guys shared.
Below are some of the iems I made from early 2014 till last week. These are the good ones, and there are also a lot of bad ones end up in the trash. But I enjoyed a lot of the process of making IEM. 

Great job I like the universals! !!!

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #3,109 of 15,989
  I have been sliently reading this thread for quite some time. Learnt a lot from you guys. Really appreciated all the ideas you guys shared.
Below are some of the iems I made from early 2014 till last week. These are the good ones, and there are also a lot of bad ones end up in the trash. But I enjoyed a lot of the process of making IEM.

Saw them on other forum. Learnt a lot from you as you have very-well documented it.

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #3,117 of 15,989
Great idea they all look good i like the Nike logo

It seems you're not the only one...
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #3,120 of 15,989
May I know if mmcx can be used in silicone shells? Would it be able to be stuck tightly and not fall out during cable removal?

I think that would be challenging to say the least. The force needed to detach MMCX cables can be significant. Perhaps if you make the IEM with a solid core of some rigid material and imbed this in silicone you could anchor the MMCX connector that way. You can probably come up with a way to do it if you try enough times and spend a lot of time thinking and planning. You just have to decide if using the MMCX is worth the trouble. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back