Jul 11, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #1,216 of 3,522
And a link to the official HiFiMan store on Taobao / Tmall is? ... please
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #1,218 of 3,522
Thanks!

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #1,221 of 3,522
Quote:

Finally available for $999 here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/671571/new-hifiman-hm-901-high-fidelity-portable-music-player-now-in-stock-free-shipping-in-the-u-s-at-moon-audio-com

http://www.moon-audio.com/headphone-audio/hifiman/hifiman-hm-901-hifi-portable-music-player.html

Hope they would also offer the balanced amp board.  The standard board really don't do the dual 9018 and the excellent power supply design justice IMHO.

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #1,222 of 3,522
Quote:

Hope they would also offer the balanced amp board.  The standard board really don't do the dual 9018 and the excellent power supply design justice IMHO.

What follows is aimed more at HiFiMan than their retail agents (althought there is some scope for the retail agents to alleviate the issue, if they feel it is viable for them to do so):

I really think HiFiMan should stop messing around with the 'standard' board, and just offer, at point of sale, a choice of board. What do they think there is to gain from making customers buy a standard board with the 901, even if they don't need it at all? That just screws the customer unnecessarily. For those who do want the standard board, then fair enough, they could choose it, but I think they would be very much in the minority. People who are serious enough to purchase the 901 are serious enough to want to choose a high-end board (like the Balanced board, for example).

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #1,223 of 3,522
In China you can choose the amp card you wish. Balanced only? Yes. Minibox only? Yes. Standard AND Balanced? Yes. Etc. etc. So, the 901 with Standard amp is a choice for the reseller and subsequently the customer.

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #1,224 of 3,522
In China you can choose the amp card you wish. Balanced only? Yes. Minibox only? Yes. Standard AND Balanced? Yes. Etc. etc. So, the 901 with Standard amp is a choice for the reseller and subsequently the customer.

Yes currently Hifiman allows us to choose which amp board we want with the 901, however, that hasn't been the case earlier with the initial preorder. Many early adopters and those who enrolled into the 801 upgrade programme were given no choice but to take the standard card EVEN if they only wanted the balanced. Many of us who additionally purchased the balanced board were left with an utterly useless std amp board in our drawer with no resell value.

But to be fair to hifiman, they did offer 801 owners to upgrade to 901 with about usd400, and for early preorder customers they get massive discounts to purchase the re600.

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #1,227 of 3,522
Quote:

What follows is aimed more at HiFiMan than their retail agents (althought there is some scope for the retail agents to alleviate the issue, if they feel it is viable for them to do so):

I really think HiFiMan should stop messing around with the 'standard' board, and just offer, at point of sale, a choice of board. What do they think there is to gain from making customers buy a standard board with the 901, even if they don't need it at all? That just screws the customer unnecessarily. For those who do want the standard board, then fair enough, they could choose it, but I think they would be very much in the minority. People who are serious enough to purchase the 901 are serious enough to want to choose a high-end board (like the Balanced board, for example).

You mean like Japan where they offer :-

1) HM-901 with no amp (!!?!?)
2) HM-901 standard amp module
3) HM-901 with balanced amp module

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #1,228 of 3,522
Quote:

You mean like Japan where they offer :-

1) HM-901 with no amp (!!?!?)
2) HM-901 standard amp module
3) HM-901 with balanced amp module

What's the sound quality like with the 'no amp' option?

Very low output impedance, I should imagine...
size]

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #1,230 of 3,522
Quote:
From what i understand the international version is the standard amp is the default package.

The balanced amp is an additional accessory to be purchased.

In which case, as I remarked earlier, customers get unnecessarily screwed.

That's no way to treat customers who have already waited far longer than their Chinese mainland counterparts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back