Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Sep 11, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #571 of 830
Notred I am curious to hear your impressions after 300+ hours of usage. I am also preferring the BA firmware right now but if this is anything similar to the older unit. The treble will tones down quit a bit and may become boring to you on the BA. We'll see :).

Edit: While I do like the BA firmware I've noticed using the Hiss Adapter on this particular firmware kills the dynamics and the Hiss is still not to my liking so I jumped back to Dynamic. At least on this firmware I can use the impedance adapter and not take away from the dynamics of the player. I'm sure the treble will settle down with usage just as the bass will. This was the case with my previous model so looking forward to the burn in. However I see it possible to opt for a lower impedance adapter and stick with the BA. I'd rather not even go that route since I found something that works already.

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #572 of 830
I never heard the V but this from the anniversary thread.
I just got my studio 3rd anniversary, a bit of charging (no heat
bigsmile_face.gif
) and a quick listen and it's already really good. I'm using GR10s with the stock FW and while it may add a bit of sparkle, there's no sibilance for me and the ambiance retrieval, openness and boogie as all there. This beats my RoCoo, stand alone Ipod and Sansa cold. I'm a bit of an odd bird as I'm extremely critical of home HiEnd kit but my expectations of portable are different as it can never sound real for me. This has a lot music, info, fun and openness. That's not to say it doesn't sound accurate. It does as much as anything else but there's excitement without it sounding overly hyped, or ringy. Hiss is there if I listen for it but a non-issue in use. I'm used to the interface and workarounds if needed but for now it's all good. If it smooths and fleshes out a bit, I wont complain but it's working quite well for me now as is.

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #574 of 830
LOL. I guess I'm just very happy that my money wasn't wasted. It sound like it's getting a hair hotter with initial play but that's not uncommon before things settle down even more. My phones aren't hot but I could see an issue if you already had something hot to pair it with in this current state and config. We'll see how it is after a while and with other FW. Can't be too bad because I've never been a fan of peaky treble. It definitely appears to be something worth working with. I like my rockboxed fuse with the dither engaged(everyone should have one of these), my Ipod touch 3 via LOD to a good amp, my touch 4 as an all in one overall as well but so far (and it's early) I think this will become my go to player because it does a lot of what I want in terms of sound, portability, play time and files. My current pair of GR10s are really good as they tend to take on the sig of their source from warm to hot, textured to cold. sound with studio as descibed here, a bit less presence with the clip, bass light with the touch3, close with the touch4 sans enough texture, about right with the touch3/lod/neutral amp yet quite good with all of these. Last one is the only one that gives the studio a run but it's too early to compare. I also don't care for carrying a seperate amp, it costs even more and doesn't run as long. Of course, Ipod touches do some other cool things as well. Like everything else, it wont be for everyone but so far, so good for me.

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #575 of 830
i cannot speak authorativly yet as i have only tried 2 things with it, the W4's and the HD600's but i am hugely and overwhemingly positive so far.  i dont have the original here to AB but its easily the best ive head the W4's ever sound and its doing an incredible job on the big HD600's.  if i was just hearing blindfolded id never think it was a portable dap at work, my god the bass is superb on the big cans!

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #576 of 830
I just looked at the files on my PC and they give you the update folders for both BA and Dynamic versions on the internal memory. These should be dragged to you computer for further use. It's great that we don't need to go search for them. They'll probably get wiped on the first update so pull them off for future use.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #577 of 830
HI, Folks,
Thank you for your loving the new eddition of STUDIO.
Please be remind the Studio 3rd Anv is not the STUDIO V. so, please don't attempte to exchange the firmwares. or it will cause the data of the firmwares to be damaged. in case, it have to be returned for repairing.

Just enjoy it simply.

Best Regard

Jack.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #578 of 830
I'm sorry but why are there replacement firmware updater files in the root directory of the anniversary? One would assume these acceptable if supplied with the unit. My assumption as what to do with them is only natural. Of course, your recommendation should be followed but perhaps you should negate these files from future units. They even show up when looking at internal files on the anniversary's own screen.

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #579 of 830
Quote:
HI, Folks,
Please be remind the Studio 3rd Anv is not the STUDIO V. so, please don't attempte to exchange the firmwares. or it will cause the data of the firmwares to be damaged. in case, it have to be returned for repairing.

Just enjoy it simply.

Best Regard

Jack.

Wait a minute Jack I am not understanding this? I already swapped out firmwares thinking these firmwares were all the same. You really need to have additional firmwares renamed and disclose this info ahead of time. I was under the impression the firmwares included on the device where the same as the ones we could download from ie2hans thread. I already swapped them out thinking it was perfectly normal. So are you saying the firmware on the Studio V 3rd ANV is different? Where can we get this firmware from?

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #580 of 830
Quote:
Notred I am curious to hear your impressions after 300+ hours of usage. I am also preferring the BA firmware right now but if this is anything similar to the older unit. The treble will tones down quit a bit and may become boring to you on the BA. We'll see :).

Edit: While I do like the BA firmware I've noticed using the Hiss Adapter on this particular firmware kills the dynamics and the Hiss is still not to my liking so I jumped back to Dynamic. At least on this firmware I can use the impedance adapter and not take away from the dynamics of the player. I'm sure the treble will settle down with usage just as the bass will. This was the case with my previous model so looking forward to the burn in. However I see it possible to opt for a lower impedance adapter and stick with the BA. I'd rather not even go that route since I found something that works already.

Hi Lee

I am still on the BA and really dont consider to change. With my headset, this is the right sound, the Dynamic firmware is like a bad loundness equalizer....
L3000.gif

After a couple of tagging/renaming/reloading my files, all is running quite fine now and the sound is still very good...

I just get an Galaxy S3 as mobiile phone and just compared a couple of songs on the 2 devices, there is a world here regarding the output quality....

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #581 of 830
Glad you like it. But your impressions may further change once burn in has set in. At least from what I remember the treble will settle down, same with bass and the BA firmware got boring :).

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #585 of 830
Quote:
HI, Folks,

Just enjoy it simply.

Best Regard

Jack.

Oh my, that's a big surprise! My Studio 3rd anniverseary comes with Dynamic firmware, ver 1223, and it looks identical like the one for Studio V.
Could you please upload firmware for Studio 3 edition ???, PLEASE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back