Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Sep 15, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #587 of 830
yeah, on mine there are two versions too: BA and dynamic in system folder. But both are identical with studio V firmwares, being ver 1223, and there is nothing specific for Studio 3rd anniversary edition. If Studio 3rd requires different firmware, why not make it available? Where is the link for it? Is it top secret or something? Strange company policy....

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #588 of 830
Hisound does not recommend switching out firmwares. Their main concern is if something goes wrong during the installation and the device gets bricked. The firmwares are interchangeable but you are taking your own risk. Not that it can't be done but its in your hands. The Ba firmware has the same numbering but the firmware is different. The sound is more laid back and easier on the ears.

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #589 of 830
Hope someone can clear this up for me,

Im a bit confused as to the versions etc,

Is the following a studio v or does it go by another name (ie just  hisound studio)

recessed sockets unsimilar with marks pics:

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #593 of 830
Quote:

Funny thing is it looks like some of the newer models also have the recessed holes :wink:.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/627537/hisoundaudio-studio-3rd-anniversary-picture-review

I know I have seen the pics :)  I just remember that the first Studio released in 2010, black version, I think it was called Studio-I or so also had recessed holes. I didn't have it in hands, but I knew a couple of people who did own it back then and I have seen pics of it, anyway it seems to me that HS have reverted back to using recessed holes, maybe not a bad thing.. By the way, all versions seems to just have Studio imprinted on the front

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #595 of 830
Well, with the old version, Studio-I, it certainly didn't look like very smooth piece of craft work, looked like something I could have drilled after a few beers, but from the pics. of the latest version (anniversary) it does now look way more appealing. But it's all a matter of taste and preference if we prefer recessed or non-recessed holes. As long it gives a tight grip around the jack :)

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #596 of 830
Issue solved by jack from hisound.

Informed me that it was from an earlier batch with the recess, everything else is the same as the current model and that it is indeed the studio V.

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #597 of 830
Looks like a very early one. More like a Studio 1 as in this review that came our in late 09 or early 10. http://www.head-fi.org/t/500936/review-the-battle-of-the-daps-hifiman-vs-studio-1-vs-imod-vs-dacport

The way those recesses are cut was improved some time ago. These close ups always look funky in something thats only 3/8" across, LOL. May be the same inside with older FW but I really wouldn't know. I'm very happy that they came out with the Anniversary 3 because the lowered noise level works well with the high efficiency IEMs I tend to use. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #598 of 830
hm... its even more confusing now, at is seems that there are few different versions of 3rd anniversary edition too....
Mine doesnt have recessed holes, here is its look:

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #599 of 830
Quote:
hm... its even more confusing now, at is seems that there are few different versions of 3rd anniversary edition too....
Mine doesnt have recessed holes, here is its look:

Well that's surprising, mine has recessed ports.. Perhaps jack could clarify this issue?

Pic:

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #600 of 830
Quote:
Looks like a very early one. More like a Studio 1 as in this review that came our in late 09 or early 10. http://www.head-fi.org/t/500936/review-the-battle-of-the-daps-hifiman-vs-studio-1-vs-imod-vs-dacport

The way those recesses are cut was improved some time ago. These close ups always look funky in something thats only 3/8" across, LOL. May be the same inside with older FW but I really wouldn't know. I'm very happy that they came out with the Anniversary 3 because the lowered noise level works well with the high efficiency IEMs I tend to use. 

Yeh Jack was quite good on the emails, i sent him a few more pics and he identified it as a studio V.  I wanted to know so the thing didnt explode if I changed the firmware :wink:

Personally I think the cone cut recess is pretty ugly, but hey, its on the inside what counts.  And i picked her up for a very low price :D

Out of the new ones i think the flush/flat ones look ok but the recessed one Cryok just posted is very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back