** Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A Portable Dap ** - Review with HD Images
Jul 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #63 of 126
I usually listen between 14 and dependant on the cans, I can't hear any hiss except for that on the master tape!

see my profile for headphones used

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #64 of 126
I also noticed you will only be able to hear the hiss using my test if you have the BTN button noise enabled. That may make it more apparent to you.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #65 of 126
there is a very faint hiss with the btn sound enabled, if i listen for it, but the hiss level doesn't increase as the volume increases.

it also seems to be louder today ( after leaving it playing all night) - im now using a volume level of 12(ish) for the iems.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #66 of 126
Yeah the hiss doesn't increase it just stays constant. But I don't like raising the volume to high too overpower the hiss as that is not good for the hearing long term. I either use my Amp to attenuate the Studio V and remove all hiss or use an 30 ohm impedance adapter which removes most hiss IMO.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #67 of 126
Quote:
I was told by a dealer that the studio V is 16/44.  But can go up to 24 with WAV. (BFD)  Doesn't makes sense with such high technolgy that the bit/Khz wouldn't be higher.  I mean freakin Colorfly is 24/96!???

Does that mean the Studio V plays WAV @ 24/96 and FLAC @ 16/44 ?

Does WAV sound better on the Studio V compared to FLAC ?

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #68 of 126
as soon as i enable the btn sound i can hear something in the background (hiss/electronic interference).

with the btn sound disabled (which i set as default) the hiss isn't obvious. it might be there but i'm not immediately aware of it.
i can't hear it with the unit paused or on quiet music passages or between tracks (volume level 12ish).

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #69 of 126
Quote:
as soon as i enable the btn sound i can hear something in the background (hiss/electronic interference).

with the btn sound disabled (which i set as default) the hiss isn't obvious. it might be there but i'm not immediately aware of it.
i can't hear it with the unit paused or on quiet music passages or between tracks (volume level 12ish).

Yeah the BTN seems to mask the hiss while music is paused but it appears once you play music. This probably helps to mask it for some but it is still clearly there for me. For some strange reason though I prefer the BTN button enabled. I feel the sound is a bit better (not sure why though).

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #70 of 126
Quote:
Does that mean the Studio V plays WAV @ 24/96 and FLAC @ 16/44 ?

Does WAV sound better on the Studio V compared to FLAC ?

Be careful where you thread on bro. Try not to start a whole debate on Wav vs Flac.

Personally i use flac, just for the sake of space.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #71 of 126
Quote:

Be careful where you thread on bro. Try not to start a whole debate on Wav vs Flac.

Personally i use flac, just for the sake of space.

I only use WAV in certain circumstances where the Studio V has issues with distortion on a small select amount of songs. This tends to happen on songs with very high dynamics and lots going on in the songs themselves (in particular with bass). FLAC in essence should not sound different from WAV. But the key here is the possible errors occurring during playback. That is the most likely cause of the discrepancies between FLAC and WAV. The extra process of unzipping the files seems to result in unwanted degradation in sound although minor usually. Generally don't worry about it and save your self some space unless the particular track is having issues such as clipping or distortion.

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #72 of 126
hello, first time posting here

I'm wondering about the synergy of these DAP-IEM combinations :
Golden Crystal with Rocoo Studio V
and
UE TF10 (stock cable) with Rocoo BA

Is anyone know?

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #73 of 126
I think the Rocoo Ba should pair decently well with the TF10s. It's neutral yet not too energetic in the treble region so it should pair fine with the TF10s. The Studio isn't bad with the golden crystals. I use them while I'm out and about sometimes.

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #74 of 126
Quote:
I think the Rocoo Ba should pair decently well with the TF10s. It's neutral yet not too energetic in the treble region so it should pair fine with the TF10s. The Studio isn't bad with the golden crystals. I use them while I'm out and about sometimes.

There's Rocoo Studio V bundled with Golden Crystal only for 400$
But, after reading the hiss problem with Studio V, I'm leaning forward Rocoo BA + UE TF10 which is 100$ more expensive

I'm so confused
confused_face.gif

I like listening to all music genres except hard rock and electronic.

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #75 of 126
Yes the Studio V does have hiss. It's not as bad on the Crystals though as they aren't as sensitive. Are you in the US? Maybe you could just buy a Rocoo BA and by A TF10 for cheaper on eBay or amazon? For the money I recommend you get a pair of GR07 and the Rocoo BA separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back