High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 21, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #46 of 4,183
And now guys I have a big surprise for you. Audio Minor, this name is one very nice chap a.k.a. compicat, member here on Head-Fi. I have two his cables. One Silver, one made from Copper. Both are equipped with Eidolic parts and both are extremely well crafted. As you can see on photos knitting is as good as on Vorpal or any other cable you may get from better-known names. Audio is not behind in this not for a little. Copper cable is also nicely flexible and not suffer with tangle.
I have copper cable with my Trinity Atlas as I mentioned alredy. I like Atlases a lot, but for my taste they sound heavy even with black filters, which should be most bright ones. Combination of copper Audio Minor cable and comply tips give me sound I like. Still very impressive bas, but there is more details, a bit wider soundstage and great look. I must confess, that those red/blue tubes on MMCX connectors are my creativity, but it looks cool. Don’t they?
Silver cable is made on same quality level as his copper brother. Is a bit stronger and less flexible. This cable is equipped with memory wire and that is only point I have very minor criticism. This memory part will be better, if will be about few cm longer. Cable is very firm and that make it a bit less flexible. So for good fit I think will be longer memory wire benefit. Sonically is silver cable very good too. Is a bit brighter and is adding details and resolution. So for those who have darker earphones, can be silver Audio Minor cable good choice. I try this one with K10U and sound is more airy.
According to my opinion are Audio Minor cables very good alternatives to other big names in cable business. It is very admirable, that these nice products are made by one of us here as his hobby. My absolute respect and recommendation.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #50 of 4,183
@mrazik some nice pics/posts above...really enjoyed reading them!
@flinkenick & @Mike Portnoy: thanks for starting up this high end cable thread, great idea imo
smily_headphones1.gif

I will also post some pics and basic information/impressions (I'm not that good at detailed sound description) on some of my own cables soon (probably next week)
Cheers to ya all!
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #51 of 4,183
This is a great great thread and thanks for setting this up. I am very interested in the Crystal Cable and the Tralucent cable and would like you experts share some opinions on them and if at all possible please compare them to some other well known cables.

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #52 of 4,183
This is a great great thread and thanks for setting this up. I am very interested in the Crystal Cable and the Tralucent cable and would like you experts share some opinions on them and if at all possible please compare them to some other well known cables.

Actually Tralucent cables don't sound good for their prices when we make comparisons with other cables. Considering this, I think that the best cable from Tralucent is the silver/gold thin black one. UBER is also good, but less competitive in its price line. For example, SilverFi R1 bests it with a truer tone overall. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #53 of 4,183
How about crystal cable? Does anyone has any experience with them?

Apr 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #56 of 4,183
  Please let me add my few cents to this thread. As I mentioned I’m cable believer, but maybe more I believe, that to get perfect sound, it require effort to put all puzzle pieces together correctly. If you lucky and you will get good synergy between player and headphones, cables and tips will than take sound on higher level. Rightly chosen components will add music emotion and that will give you joy of listening.

I really do like to listen good music. Few years back I got nice HiFi equipment in my room, but I got kids and all my HiFi toys were removed. Since that I mostly listen music in car only or on my iPod. And I was happy. Last year I start seek for way how to improve iPod performance. I added next to iPod some amplification, better earphones, etc. After a while I found, that I’m on spiral. Buy something, buy something else, sale previous one and again. And honestly this crazy ride did not get any slower yet.

Past last few months I collect few cables and I like to share my impressions with you. First aftermarket cable I ever purchased here on H-F is Norne Audio Vorpal. I guess Norne Audio do not need further introduction, it is very well known name here in this community. So let`s have a look on cable itself.

It is hybrid copper/silver cable in 50/50 split between Ag and Cu. Cable look very nice with red/silver coloration. There are used Eidolic parts, which just underline first quality of Vorpal. Wire knitting is very symmetrical. You can order various termination, length, Y splits and you can choose between 4 and 8 wire model. Cable have central core and is very flexible and light. Sonically will open scene compare to stock cable and will add resolution and details, but still remain very neutral and soft. I like to use Vorpal with both of my Noble earphones ( K10U and Savants ). I believe that Vorpal will fit to most other brands and models too.

A beautiful, well crafted cable indeed! 

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #59 of 4,183
They are from Holland as well, so I emailed them twice to see if they wanted to participate in my review series but they never answered unfortunately.

Thanks for your thoughts. I wish I have some more in depth review and comparison. But please share your impression with the DHC Symbiote, looked like a killer cable. Btw, how long and how much is the Symbiote?

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #60 of 4,183
PlusSound Apollonian series. Cable is well crafted and it seems very resistant. Despite of its heavy-duty look is very comfortable. Cable on pictures is made from cryo treated copper and is a bit more detailed, than stock cable. You can choose many different combination of termination, material ( from copper to gold plated silver ) and many more. Price vary from 189USD to over 500USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back