High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 13, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #16 of 4,183
High End Cable review series #3:

Rhapsodio ‘Wizard’ OCC Copper 8-braid ($1000)

Rhapsodio’s current flagship has a warm V-shape, set against a black background. The mid-bass is slightly enhanced, giving some warmth to the presentation. The midrange has a slightly leaner body, followed by a mildly enhanced treble. It’s most discerning feat is its high resolution – it’s currently defending the position of highest resolution I have personally heard so far. Comes in a fine mesh sleeving. 4-braid retails at $500.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #17 of 4,183
High End Cable review series #4:

SilverFi IEM-R2; pure silver 10-braid with individual nylon sheathing ($1295)

A truly spectacular cable.  In line with the SilverFi lineup, a slightly warm and beautiful tonality. Unfortunately, not even the flagship (IEM-R4). 

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #18 of 4,183
nic, you lucky person  
tongue.gif

great job , subscribed and i want to ask which cable is good to beef up the midrange for a slighty v-shaped CIEM ?

great job again (but you are one lucky bugger 
biggrin.gif
 )

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #22 of 4,183
I read something nice about it a while back but I can't find any info on it. Do you have it? How much is it btw?

Used to have it. Sold it to a friend. It's only obtainable if you cut the cable off of a truth iem. I guess street price is around 350 usd. At least that's the price someone sold it at on the FS forums here on head fi.

Pretty good cable. Very resolving and quite bright. However, it's caveat is that it breaks easily. Had to repair it once cos of this and repair it for my friend. It broke the day I sold it to him. Very fragile I guess

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #23 of 4,183
Well they've had plans to sell it separately for quite a while, they mention it on their site. But there's still an empty link to the store, so I guess it's not available yet.

A friend of mine emailed them a couple of months back, think they replied it was going to be something around $500. 

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #24 of 4,183
Well they've had plans to sell it separately for quite a while, they mention it on their site. But there's still an empty link to the store, so I guess it's not available yet.

A friend of mine emailed them a couple of months back, think they replied it was going to be something around $500. 

Well their iem in the skunkworks is a detachable cable iem. So I guess they probably would sell it separately soon. Don't know about international pricing. However, I heard last year that a local pricing of ~$700-1k might happen. Not 100% sure how much they're gonna price it now tho.

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #27 of 4,183
This thread is really informative. Flinkenick, I missed the Rhapsodio Silver Litz and that makes me sad:frowning2: What other cable would you recommend for the Rti2? Under 800$:) 

I really want to try some of the SilverFi but I'm scarred to take the leap, since they are so unique...

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #28 of 4,183
Thanks buddy :) Did you receive your RTi2 yet?

Well as you may know I always listened to it in combination with the RSD Silver Litz. The combination is especially good because the RTi2 is an iem that is characterized by its mid-bass, which is very warm and benefits from a colder presentation. A quality silver will improve its bass texture, separation and resolution.

A SilverFi is good, but not necessary because the Rti2 already is inherently warm. A lot of silvers will work well the Rti2; I also like the RSD Luna or Toxic Silver Widow with it. Just check the classifieds for a quality silver that retails around $300 - $350.

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #29 of 4,183
Thanks buddy :) Did you receive your RTi2 yet?

Well as you may know I always listened to it in combination with the RSD Silver Litz. The combination is especially good because the RTi2 is an iem that is characterized by its mid-bass, which is very warm and benefits from a colder presentation. A quality silver will improve its bass texture, separation and resolution.

A SilverFi is good, but not necessary because the Rti2 already is inherently warm. A lot of silvers will work well the Rti2; I also like the RSD Luna or Toxic Silver Widow with it. Just check the classifieds for a quality silver that retails around $300 - $350.

I have not received it yet, Mike has told me that it will be finished next week so I'm excited:)

Also I feel like I have been looking in classifieds every day since I got the Rti2 but nothing has popped. Considering the 2.98 or the Gold. Or whiplash module system. Or silverfi...argh I just need my endgame cable so I can sleep peacefully :D btw do you know if a 2.5trrs to 3.5trs converter will alter the sound? Got one from Null audio...

Anyways this thread is great you guys :beerchug:

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #30 of 4,183
Hmm I guess it goes in phases, there are times when there are several that don't get sold for a while.

I think an adaptor will change the sound, adapters are usually mini cables so in the end you're passing the signal through a different cable again which will change the conductivity etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back