HiFiMan RE-600 Review
Jul 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #316 of 902
I also wear my RE-600 cable up and over the ear. Seems a much better fit for me and no cable noise.

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #318 of 902
I noticed that too with the RE-400.   I wonder why?

That's quite interesting. I spent three month's listening to my 400's with the cables up and over my ears. I find most of the earbuds I have owned sound better that way with less micorphonics. However the 400's sound better to me with cables down and I don't really notice that much difference in microphonics either way. But then I don't use the tips stock.

Happy Listening!

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #319 of 902
Quote:
That's quite interesting. I spent three month's listening to my 400's with the cables up and over my ears. I find most of the earbuds I have owned sound better that way with less micorphonics. However the 400's sound better to me with cables down and I don't really notice that much difference in microphonics either way. But then I don't use the tips stock.

Happy Listening!

I've noticed MAJOR microphonics with the cable down using a variety of tips, from stock, to Sony Hybrids to Complys.   Cable up............no microphonics.

Jul 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #320 of 902
That's my impression of Hifiman IEMs as well. With the RE-ZERO/262/400, the strain reliefs prevent a good seal when worn cable-down, so I have to wear them cable-up. This, I guess, leads to a better sound for me.

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #322 of 902
I like to wear them up also. Microphonic for the re600 cable is less compared to re400 when wore down but i still find wearing them up gave me best fit and comfort.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #323 of 902
how is the fit with these phones? I've always liked the sound of HFM products- fit however has been a different matter.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #324 of 902
Quote:
how is the fit with these phones? I've always liked the sound of HFM products- fit however has been a different matter.

The RE-400 and RE-600 seem to share a similar shaped housing, and size, from what I've seen in pictures.  I don't have the 600, but do have the 400.  These fit like regular symmetrical IEMs and are easy to get a proper seal.  Their small size allows a deeper insertion, even with small ears. 

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #325 of 902
The RE-400 and RE-600 seem to share a similar shaped housing, and size, from what I've seen in pictures.  I don't have the 600, but do have the 400.  These fit like regular symmetrical IEMs and are easy to get a proper seal.  Their small size allows a deeper insertion, even with small ears. 

Agreed. Fit and comfort is top notch. They are really small but provide very good isolation with the right sized tips. I can't go on a long flight without them now as they basically replaced my er4s for plane use. Besides good sound and isolation, a major advantage they have is I can rest my head against the pillow in upright position or sleep when flat without taking them off and basically they stay on for the whole flight.

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #326 of 902
Quote:
Agreed. Fit and comfort is top notch. They are really small but provide very good isolation with the right sized tips. I can't go on a long flight without them now as they basically replaced my er4s for plane use. Besides good sound and isolation, a major advantage they have is I can rest my head against the pillow in upright position or sleep when flat without taking them off and basically they stay on for the whole flight.

Big +1 here, I have found the exact same experience regarding my ER-4P and supreme comfort of the HifiMan IEMs. I can't wait for my HM-901 and balanced amp card to arrive! I saved about $150 thanks to AC Gears the past couple weeks too 
biggrin.gif

P.S. You can pre-order the balanced amp card via Moon Audio, just shoot Drew an email.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #327 of 902
Quote:
Big +1 here, I have found the exact same experience regarding my ER-4P and supreme comfort of the HifiMan IEMs. I can't wait for my HM-901 and balanced amp card to arrive! I saved about $150 thanks to AC Gears the past couple weeks too 
biggrin.gif

P.S. You can pre-order the balanced amp card via Moon Audio, just shoot Drew an email.

Sorry to break the bad news to you - 901's battery with balanced amp card (about 7hrs give or take) is not long enough to give me music throughout all the transit time plus actual flights for continental or trans-alantic/pacific flights.  AK120 is the DAP I bring along onto those trips.....

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #328 of 902
Quote:

Sorry to break the bad news to you - 901's battery with balanced amp card (about 7hrs give or take) is not long enough to give me music throughout all the transit time plus actual flights for continental or trans-alantic/pacific flights.  AK120 is the DAP I bring along onto those trips.....

What about a spare battery? I dont think AK120 has that trick up its sleeve 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #329 of 902
What about a spare battery? I dont think AK120 has that trick up its sleeve 
tongue_smile.gif

I was gonna get the extra battery until I found out they don't have a standalone battery charger (yet). I will need to charge the extra batt with the 901 itself, or get a second 901 to use it as a charger!! Still befuddled how hard it is for them to design and produce a battery charger!

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #330 of 902
Quote:
I was gonna get the extra battery until I found out they don't have a standalone battery charger (yet). I will need to charge the extra batt with the 901 itself, or get a second 901 to use it as a charger!! Still befuddled how hard it is for them to design and produce a battery charger!

Can't you just get a "universal" charger that allows you to slide the contacts back and forth? Something like this? 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back